Weekend league discussion

Jobiwan
3247 posts National Call-Up
edited October 4
Didn't see a thread for weekend league so here it is. How's it going for you?
Post edited by Jobiwan on

Comments

• Jobiwan
    Just about to jump in myself. Hope its not too bad....
  • Wattzeefuik
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    0-2 im awful this year cant defend cant get men forward
  • Jobiwan

People keep saying about using low depth and drop back but i just can't use it. I go attacking now like i always used to and just try and outscore them. Not good enough at defending that I'll keep a clean sheet anyway so i may as well have a go...
  • Wattzeefuik
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 4
    Jobiwan wrote: »

People keep saying about using low depth and drop back but i just can't use it. I go attacking now like i always used to and just try and outscore them. Not good enough at defending that I'll keep a clean sheet anyway so i may as well have a go...

Cant play on drop back myself im used to domination possession and louds of shots around the box pining players back but cant seem to do it this year everything from me is so sloppy
  • Jobiwan

Cant play on drop back myself im used to domination possession and louds of shots around the box pining players back but cant seem to do it this year everything from me is so sloppy

I like 5212 or 4231 with a high line and pressing. Have a defensive formation that i use sometimes depending on the situation but i normally use one of those two...
  • Jobiwan
    Started 2-0. Then lost the next two. My keeper stopped saving for some reason...
  • Daniel13Francis
    723 posts Professional
    I’m currently 6-1 so I know the games are going to go rapidly downhill now.

My loss was to a guy who went 1-0 up at kept the ball the whole game
  • Donny_anton1
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Iv won 1 game on pens and just won 1-0 and it’s saying iv only won 1 game ?
  • freakjas
    5942 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone else having server issues?
    Have played 2 games so far, then chilled a few mins and got kicked out of UT.
    Logges
    Logged back in and now i can‘t find a game, been like this for like an hour or so now.

Got kicked off again a few mins ago where it said something about „servers unavailable rn“.
  • manicbro
    58 posts Park Captain
    freakjas wrote: »
    Logges
    Logged back in and now i can‘t find a game, been like this for like an hour or so now.

Got kicked off again a few mins ago where it said something about „servers unavailable rn“.

There have been server issues since yesterday I believe. The servers were at the worst about eight hours ago, nobody could get in for a while.
  • Jobiwan
    manicbro wrote: »
    Logges

There have been server issues since yesterday I believe. The servers were at the worst about eight hours ago, nobody could get in for a while.

You'd think they'd be able to handle the server loads at this stage...
  • Hristanya
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Went from 10-1 to 11-5.. If you have the lesser connection during a match there is no point playing.. lost 3 penalty shootouts against opponents who had a maximum of 3 shots on target the whole game... for people who have the luxury of playing mbappe with neymar you would expect allot more then the usual 4231 drop back 1 depth :(

Last year I got elite sometimes but not sure if it’s worth all the stress.

Good luck everyone
  • Hristanya
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Logges

Every year I hope servers get better but it’s the same old **** from EA.. For a multi billion dollar company I expect more as the connection is the most important factor in online gameplay for FIFA..
  • ilyass159
    64 posts Park Captain
    Can I still register today, forgot to do it yesterday?
  • freakjas
    5942 posts Big Money Move
    Logges

Yeah i just restarted the game and it works again, no idea.
    Weird though.
  • Jarigunner
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 4
    5-3. Gameplay was fine this morning for me so no complaints on that department apart from the usual fifa bs. I also really feel like this game is more pay to win then ever.
  • Jobiwan
    ilyass159 wrote: »
    Can I still register today, forgot to do it yesterday?

Yeah until midnight tonight i think...
  • Jobiwan
    Hristanya wrote: »
    Logges

Every year I hope servers get better but it’s the same old **** from EA.. For a multi billion dollar company I expect more as the connection is the most important factor in online gameplay for FIFA..

Yeah i can see where your coming from but they'll always go with the cheapest option they can get away with. And after all my moaning about last year i was still on the web app trading from day one. So i just kinda accept it now. Would drive me mad otherwise...
  • ilyass159
    64 posts Park Captain
    edited October 4
    How much ppl pay to EA to get high end players, I just came up against this team

20191004-105400.jpg[/url]

I wanna understand how satisfying is to buy players with real money, it's only 10 days or let's 2 weeks if we count early access, how come someone manage to get that team, more than that the guy plays as s**t. So frustrated
  • BrieMine
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    How much ppl pay to EA to get high end players, I just came up against this team

I wanna understand how satisfying is to buy players with real money, it's only 10 days or let's 2 weeks if we count early access, how come someone manage to get that team, more than that the guy plays as s**t. So frustrated

So what if people have good teams ffs, thats the point of Ultimate Team.
  • ilyass159
    64 posts Park Captain
    edited October 4
    BrieMine wrote: »

In my opinion, the point of ultimate team is, play, win then build, Not pay, build then win. More than that didn't say anything just wanted to know how much the guy spent so I can do the same
  • ilyass159
    64 posts Park Captain
    BrieMine wrote: »

I think you are one of those who pay to get great teams, tell us how much so we can do the same
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14436 posts World Class
    Not playing WL but played rivals last night. How has this game on crap all of a sudden?

• Jobiwan
    Not playing WL but played rivals last night. How has this game on crap all of a sudden?

I think the server load might be messing with it a bit. None of the stuff in the patch notes was that drastic so its probably just the usual inconsistencies...
  • SyNation2
    1018 posts Professional
    just bought the game, how many games do I have to play in div 5 to have enough points for fut champ?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14436 posts World Class

I think the server load might be messing with it a bit. None of the stuff in the patch notes was that drastic so its probably just the usual inconsistencies...

EA sports and servers hmmm somethings will never change.
  • number7rocky
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    😔 Looks like I'll be stopping at Gold 3 for the entirety of fifa 20, but honestly feel like giving up.

7-4. Started 2-0. Then lost 3-2 in the 90th after coming from 2 down, next game came from 2 down to lose on pens, lost another 4-3 after the 80th min, and 1 game was 5-0 down by half time so left... 😔

Almost everyone seems to tackle the ball better than me.
  • number7rocky
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    Only highlight for me was conceding a 5 th min pen getting a red and somehow winning the game 4-2 still.
  • bigpokey24
    4839 posts Big Money Move
    i am yet to play FIFA 20, however i may get a ps4 later , I will be building from scratch
  • Delboy13710
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    How you weekend league addicts getting on 🤤

Brought the game on Tuesday really loving it such an improvement on last year, Defending is awesome and finding it easy to get through PTB .

Not touching weekend league (for now) guessing it's the same intensity as last year , win at all costs dudes sweating it out .

Hows the servers holding up ? played Rivals earlier and it felt like it was wired to a potatoe 😖