Icon prices- where from here?

FifaTaco
1075 posts Professional
Just packed middle Raul from marquee matchups who I’ll be keeping and looking to invest in a Harvey Barnes, Icons only going up from here? Can see Raul hitting a million coins sometime throughout the year.

Comments

• XxNevermindxX
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can't see them going up
  • SuperJames9005
    1720 posts Play-Off Hero
    No chance mid Raul hit 1 million
  • Libguy
    5322 posts Big Money Move
    I would think that they're going to go down, like a lot. EA is giving them away + you won't need them in SBCs. That Raul card is 80k worth of card if you don't need it for an SBC.
  • number7rocky
    5907 posts Big Money Move
    Harvey Barnes 🤣
  • FifaTaco
    1075 posts Professional
    Harvey Barnes 🤣

This man knows his Leicester players ;)
  • FifaTaco
    1075 posts Professional
    Libguy wrote: »
    I would think that they're going to go down, like a lot. EA is giving them away + you won't need them in SBCs. That Raul card is 80k worth of card if you don't need it for an SBC.

Mmmmm obviously 80k is an over exaggeration but as he’s not in the first Icon pick and more coins are introduced I feel like he could rise but maybe not as much as I thought.
  • Libguy
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Mmmmm obviously 80k is an over exaggeration but as he’s not in the first Icon pick and more coins are introduced I feel like he could rise but maybe not as much as I thought.

Dude, I'm actually serious. The icons discard for 75k, right? A lot of the Icons are probably going to end up around there. Plenty of Icons were around discard price before they started up the whole Icon SBC thing. Raul's a striker so maybe that keeps his price a bit afloat. But the kids are going to want the top tier guys and the colorful Mbappes and Neymars and stuff. We're going to have some 90 rated Future Icon Rashford or some nonsense that everybody is salivating over in a month.
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    Of course icons are gonna rise. More rewards - more coins - people upgrading their teams.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Meta icons will go up, unpopular icons will crash as time goes on. When the prime meta icons release, the middle/base versions will crash.
  • Lackosweat
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    Thinking about buying 85 Blanc. He will be meta for the first few months and probably stay relevant for the rest of this Fifa since he will be out of pack in december.
  • Libguy
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Thinking about buying 85 Blanc. He will be meta for the first few months and probably stay relevant for the rest of this Fifa since he will be out of pack in december.

I thought they were just putting the higher versions in packs? Are you sure that they are taking the old versions out?
  • FifaTaco
    1075 posts Professional

I thought they were just putting the higher versions in packs? Are you sure that they are taking the old versions out?

Yes, there won’t be a point where all the versions are in packs together if I read pitch notes correctly
  • Lackosweat
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019

Yeah. Check out the pitch notes on this year’s Icon swap and release timeline. Base icons will only be in pack until mid-december.
  • Drachenfells
    999 posts Professional
    Icons are going to be a lot cheaper this year, they were only expensive before because you needed then for sbcs to get the top icons, this year no sbcs so no use for them. Seriously I can see most dropping to under 300k for Mids and under 150k for base, unless you are desperate for a icon there is no use for them and much better options out there. Primes and pim, I think will stay high as you can only get 3 primes from sbcs that we know of so far.

I sold my 87 Henry for 850k while still in ea accsess and think I did right as now he's hovering at about 600k and I can't see him going anywhere but down.