Night Lighting

TeamExtreme17
2829 posts Fans' Favourite

Comments

• Druski5150
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have come to a conclusion that EA will not fix the night lighting on current console. It has gotten better in FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 compared to prior releases since FIFA 14, but it still utterly lags behind PES which not only figured out the night lighting but also gives us dynamic shadows that change as the game progresses and matches that start in early evening and wrap up under full night lighting.
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited October 2019
    Druski5150 wrote: »
    I have come to a conclusion that EA will not fix the night lighting on current console. It has gotten better in FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 compared to prior releases since FIFA 14, but it still utterly lags behind PES which not only figured out the night lighting but also gives us dynamic shadows that change as the game progresses and matches that start in early evening and wrap up under full night lighting.

Yeah Dynamic Lighting is a MUST for NG consoles, wait.. I said that going from PS3 to PS4 :D
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    I'm pretty sure ray tracing will play a big part on the new consoles. It's really good for giving games that realistic sort of look with lighting. It may not be the best we see of it on consoles, but it should give Fifa and other games a boost on how good they look.

Wasn't dynamic lighting just where the games start at dusk and end in evening? If they start to focus on that, then whatever happens it should look much better.

Night time on Fifa was 17 was awful. Fifa 20 looks pretty bright, but you can see it still feels a little off.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Wasn't dynamic lighting just where the games start at dusk and end in evening? If they start to focus on that, then whatever happens it should look much better.

Yeah that's exactly what i was expecting on PS4, F1 games had it on PS3 it was awesome and of course PES has it..
  • Druski5150
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Night time on Fifa was 17 was awful. Fifa 20 looks pretty bright, but you can see it still feels a little off.

It varies from stadium to stadium. Some have it almost perfect while others are bad like FIFA 17 and 18.

• pipopazzo33
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think frostbite isnt too bright so it only works daytime natural sunlight. If people who play FUT complained the same things we do the issues will be addressed quickly. The shiny new player cards compensate for the weak floodlights I guess
  • TeamExtreme17
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional

Doesn't help with Bundesliga orangey filter. EPL games look better, but PES is still better overall in terms of night lighting and stasiums.

EA really need to step things up with Fifa 21. I'd like to know what they've done with the Frostbite engine for new consoles.