Night Lighting

TeamExtreme17
3986 posts National Call-Up

Comments

  • Druski5150
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have come to a conclusion that EA will not fix the night lighting on current console. It has gotten better in FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 compared to prior releases since FIFA 14, but it still utterly lags behind PES which not only figured out the night lighting but also gives us dynamic shadows that change as the game progresses and matches that start in early evening and wrap up under full night lighting.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Druski5150 wrote: »
    I have come to a conclusion that EA will not fix the night lighting on current console. It has gotten better in FIFA 19 and FIFA 20 compared to prior releases since FIFA 14, but it still utterly lags behind PES which not only figured out the night lighting but also gives us dynamic shadows that change as the game progresses and matches that start in early evening and wrap up under full night lighting.

    Yeah Dynamic Lighting is a MUST for NG consoles, wait.. I said that going from PS3 to PS4 :D
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm pretty sure ray tracing will play a big part on the new consoles. It's really good for giving games that realistic sort of look with lighting. It may not be the best we see of it on consoles, but it should give Fifa and other games a boost on how good they look.

    Wasn't dynamic lighting just where the games start at dusk and end in evening? If they start to focus on that, then whatever happens it should look much better.

    Night time on Fifa was 17 was awful. Fifa 20 looks pretty bright, but you can see it still feels a little off.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Wasn't dynamic lighting just where the games start at dusk and end in evening? If they start to focus on that, then whatever happens it should look much better.

    Yeah that's exactly what i was expecting on PS4, F1 games had it on PS3 it was awesome and of course PES has it..
  • Druski5150
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

    Night time on Fifa was 17 was awful. Fifa 20 looks pretty bright, but you can see it still feels a little off.

    It varies from stadium to stadium. Some have it almost perfect while others are bad like FIFA 17 and 18.

  • pipopazzo33
    242 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think frostbite isnt too bright so it only works daytime natural sunlight. If people who play FUT complained the same things we do the issues will be addressed quickly. The shiny new player cards compensate for the weak floodlights I guess
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

    Doesn't help with Bundesliga orangey filter. EPL games look better, but PES is still better overall in terms of night lighting and stasiums.

    EA really need to step things up with Fifa 21. I'd like to know what they've done with the Frostbite engine for new consoles.
  • Steph3998
    1611 posts Play-Off Hero

    This looks so bad lmao, I really hope they fix it for the final release
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's not THAT bad lol. That few seconds of actual gameplay in the full reveal trailer looked normal to what we've seen. Plus you'd think it will look even better in the PS5/XSX version.
  • Shaanxz
    22337 posts Club Captain
    I’ve given up with current gen. Hoping next gen lighting Is better
  • Futbol22
    1404 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I’ve given up with current gen. Hoping next gen lighting Is better

    Yup, me too. Not worth dwelling on. Ready for nex-gen.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2020
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    It's not THAT bad lol. That few seconds of actual gameplay in the full reveal trailer looked normal to what we've seen. Plus you'd think it will look even better in the PS5/XSX version.

    There's NO colour 😭 just like when they went from Fifa 11 to Fifa 12, look at those 2 games for comparison.. Its like they've never seen a night game! Stadium lights actually brighten up the pitch not darken it and it should be green not brown 😡

    But yeah hopefully PS5 version is much improved with HDR and ray tracing..
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • lionxbox360
    50 posts Park Captain
    let's hope FIFA 21 season offers more matchmaking options such as LIGHTING type (Sunlight or stadium light at night), and options of WEATHER for people to select Random or Sunny/Rainy/Foggy as most people want level ground without side effect to affect their play.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    It's not THAT bad lol. That few seconds of actual gameplay in the full reveal trailer looked normal to what we've seen. Plus you'd think it will look even better in the PS5/XSX version.

    There's NO colour 😭 just like when they went from Fifa 11 to Fifa 12, look at those 2 games for comparison.. Its like they've never seen a night game! Stadium lights actually brighten up the pitch not darken it and it should be green not brown 😡

    But yeah hopefully PS5 version is much improved with HDR and ray tracing..

    Ray tracing should be a game changer. I wonder if we get PS5/XSX gameplay at Gamescom.
  • Steph3998
    1611 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lighting looks so bad on the new trailer, the pitch is grey, I think this might be the worst lighting we had on PS4/Xbox One :s
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
    Steph3998 wrote: »
    Lighting looks so bad on the new trailer, the pitch is grey, I think this might be the worst lighting we had on PS4/Xbox One :s

    Painful isn't it 😭
  • TeamExtreme17
    3986 posts National Call-Up
  • ManzGOTIT
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite

    F Me I genuinely thought this was a screenshot from a real match
Sign In or Register to comment.