(Rumor) PES is getting Crossplay

So word on the streets is PES is getting Crossplay, while Frostbite engine is unable to do it, what does this mean for the future of FIFA?

News is Sony just officially went out of Crossplay beta for ALL developers (Wired magazine), bending the knee to popular demand.

Comments

• lulzfifaomega
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    UT > PES

until they come up with something better it will stay like that
  • UT > PES

until they come up with something better it will stay like that

What happens if UT becomes illegal and they're stuck with a product bound on a single platform against a competitor with Crossplay? Recipe for disaster, m80
  • Pieman25
    16353 posts World Class
    what does this mean for the future of FIFA?

Absolutely nothing

• Pieman25 wrote: »

Absolutely nothing

That grim, huh?
  • Pieman25
    16353 posts World Class
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Absolutely nothing

That grim, huh?

It means nobody actually cares, what response are you hoping for? Everyone to break down and pledge their allegiance to PES?
  • Retropoe82
    442 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Solution. Make packs etc grindable with higher drop rates. More coins for your games. Get rid of frosbite engine. can't be too hard for ea with the amount of money they make

Fut wont be illigal, but making it its own an a cross platform there's a future
  • I SiR MartY I
    5518 posts Big Money Move
    while Frostbite engine is unable to do it,

You know that Frostbite is a game engine and has no impact on whether or not EA can do crossplay, right?

Sony have given the go ahead for all games to have cross play, its upto developers now to decide whether or not they want to use it. EA could enable crossplay between Pro Clubs or Seasons if they wanted to today. UT would be a little more difficult because of the different markets but its as simple as flicking a switch now.

PES need crossplay to keep their dead game alive, EA don't, but I do hope they enable it for Pro Clubs between PS4 and Xbox.
  • Recoba
    3819 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 3
    It means alot for the future of FIFA. They will start working on this feature.

Believe it or not FIFA 20 reminds alot of PES 19.
  • Avit32
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The part where PeS is winning imo is the adaptive chemistry system ( team spirit ) I've been crying out for this feature in UT for YEARS but nope.
  • FinEverton
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And still you cant find opponent in PeS
  • Ishibum
    12472 posts Has That Special Something
    FinEverton wrote: »
    And still you cant find opponent in PeS

This. The combined player base of PES doesn't come close to the player base on Xbox (let alone PS4). Then there is the PC cheating to factor in.

I do hope it works though... Competition can only be a good thing
  • FCBlunt
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    You know why?

Because they need are larger playerbase. One of my mates bought it last year and had to wait 20min sometimes to find a match.

Jokes on them.
  • EA_Rtas
    1395 posts EA Moderator
    Moved this to off-topic
  • Fab
    17856 posts World Class
    Source on frostbite engine is unable to do it?