Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Can't adapt at all :(

number7rocky
4985 posts Big Money Move
Still.... I honestly feel close to giving up, I'm not enjoying it at all. There's zero balance between attacking and defending and it feels as unrewarding as ever.

As a consistent elite 3 player the last few years I can't believe my decline on this version of the game so far. Conceding so many and feel powerless, like I'm going to condede on every attack. I find my current skill rating embarrassing, in the 1300's. I'm absolutely dreading WL. I do have some low scoring games but I don't get clean sheets at all. I track runs, I'm not lunging in, but I hardly get the ball back cleanly.

Half my tackles bounce back to the opponent yet I get tackled and they get the ball nearly every time. I know I am bad at defending right now but so many times I feel punished even when I do get a good tackle/block in.

50 or so rivals games and I'm on LESS skill rating than what I started on, losing games to starter squads, I know how I'm supposed to defend but it just not working for me. I use L2, L2 R2, I'm also on lowish width yet through middle my players part like the red sea even if I've got players behind the ball and there always seems like massive amounts of space for shots on my goal. If I track the run, people instead just bang finesse shots top bins outside the box. I score some goals like this but I don't know why my defenders don't make the same amount of blocks and interceptions and if they ever do it normally bounces back to the opponent.

It also feels like I'm working so much harder to score than the opponent, they get everyone behind the ball and thier ai makes interceptions and blocks that my players never make or rarely do. My opponents keeper makes goal saving saves yet my keeper seems to let everything in (Neuer)

Classic goal for me to concede right here, tackle he keeps the ball and I concede, I never get these my way.

[/IMG]

Comments

• QuidoFrontiere
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    I strugled in previous years and now it is better. I often concede no goals and I have no big problems with build up. Finally in fifa 20 you can build up.

U probably used blind quick pingpong passing depending on your quick reactions in previous fifas. Now u have to think, turn player into right direction before pass, etc. You have to defend by yourself too, not leave it to your cb.

Edit: for better passing dont sprint...

Just give it to another try for longer time.
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2019
    I strugled in previous years and now it is better. I often concede no goals and I have no big problems with build up. Finally in fifa 20 you can build up.

U probably used blind quick pingpong passing depending on your quick reactions in previous fifas. Now u have to think, turn player into right direction before pass, etc. You have to defend by yourself too, not leave it to your cb.

Just give it to another try for longer time.

Attacking I'm fine and score plenty, I do build up. It's just frustrating me so much that I have to work harder to score and its so easy for the opponents. The difference between me having players behind the ball and the opponent feels massive.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    Then you have to just try, learn. It will be better in time...
  • number7rocky
    edited October 2019

So why are my tackles bouncing back to the opponent over and over yet I don't get the same, why does the opponents players make more blocks than mine 😔

Is there something wrong with that tackle in the video where he keeps the ball and I concede?
  • truegunn3r
    9959 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    I like the gameplay this year but it’s miles away from finished. People say the nerfed defending is better and you get rewarded for defending well but then why is everyone playing with drop back.

It’s just jockey jockey jockey and wiggle wiggle wiggle around the defender until he breaks out of jockey.
    Post edited by truegunn3r on
  • number7rocky
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I like the gameplay this year but it’s miles away from the perfect game. People say the nerfed defending is better and you get rewarded for defending well but then why is everyone playing with drop back.

All the gameplay is jockey jockey jockey and wriggle wriggle wriggle around the defender until he breaks out of jockey.

They need to nerf attacking if they keep defending like this, so unbalanced
  • DannySTFC
    2777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. I can score going forwards and still have more then 50% possession almost every game. Problem is my opponent can have 40% possession and still score a couple of goals against me as my defence seems to open up and show them the way to goal.

I don’t mind defending 1v1. Squaring a defender up to an attacker is fine and it’s part of the battle. Problem is while you’re concentrating on that battle, the rest of your defence is completely immobile so if you do lose the 1v1 battle or your opponent finds a pass it’s game over as the rest of your defence and statuesque.

I’m still winning more then I’m losing and scoring more then I’m conceding, but I never feel confident or secure, conceding goals against poor teams so I hate to think what it will be like in the higher divisions + WL.
  • number7rocky
    What was wrong with the tackle in the video???
  • Retro_G
    31906 posts National Team Captain
    I get them stupid rebounds against me all the time too, ball is forever bouncing back to my "high ping" opponents. I wouldn't look too much into skill rating now, it won't be accurate for a few weeks. Just keep practicing, you'll eventually adapt.
  • number7rocky
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I get them stupid rebounds against me all the time too, ball is forever bouncing back to my "high ping" opponents. I wouldn't look too much into skill rating now, it won't be accurate for a few weeks. Just keep practicing, you'll eventually adapt.

Yea I know that it's more the constant conceding of goals and getting carved open by a starter team, lost a draft game today 8-5 😔
  • mojav
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    thats the only problem rebound pinball tackles. When it works its perfect
  • QuidoFrontiere

So why are my tackles bouncing back to the opponent over and over yet I don't get the same, why does the opponents players make more blocks than mine 😔

Is there something wrong with that tackle in the video where he keeps the ball and I concede?

game is not near perfect and there is upcoming title update 2. Resolving rebounds will be part of it. I hope it will work...
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    Defending VS Attacking is not very balanced at this time .

Its great with manual defending and that the AI doesnt track runs for you in behind.
    But if the game is gonna force me to take a defender and track a run, when i make that god damn perfect tackle as last defender vs an attacker i should get away with the ball 19 out of 20 times.
    It shouldn´t magically bounce back to the attacker nor should the attacker keep the ball after being tackled.

Its just silly.
  • makkan00
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Many players are using constant pressure and due to that ball rebounds to their player. Its taking a risk and they use d-pad to activate it when attacking.

I don't see anything wrong with that tackle as you did it perfectly. The problem I see there is 45+ minutes when magical things happen and very likely that your opponent is using press.