The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Too long to shoot!

Torn4do
1037 posts Professional
Why do my players take so long to shoot? I get them into the penalty area and then they take an eternity to get a shot off, most of the time they are closed down and blocked! There is loads of space plenty of time yet they don’t shoot when you want them to!

Comments

• silverdale10
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    This does seem to be a thing in FIFA 20, especially in squad battles, I'm shouting at the screen "SHOOT THE F****** BALL!!!"
  • stephen24
    45 posts Park Captain
    I completely agree. Also passing takes forever i get the ball i hit the button to pass and i feel like the player takes his sweet time to pass and it gets intercepted or the pass is off.
  • Torn4do
    1037 posts Professional
    Yes passing is horrendous too! I have so many offside calls because the ball is not
    played when I press the button!

I have to say so far I am getting too annoyed with all the flaws in the game, I can completely dominate a game, get into perfect scoring positions and only to be let down by the game not shooting when I tell it to!!

Think I only have a few more days left of playing this game before I give up!
  • NotdaGOAT
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    stephen24 wrote: »
    I completely agree. Also passing takes forever i get the ball i hit the button to pass and i feel like the player takes his sweet time to pass and it gets intercepted or the pass is off.

I realised the same thing. You almost have to pass before you receive the ball. You will notice how quick it is in some situations. But if your player isn't in the right position the pass is obviously weaker
  • silverdale10
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Torn4do wrote: »
    I have so many offside calls....

I'm noticing a lot more offsides too than previous FIFAs, for whatever reason.

• Acidvenus
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I sometimes get frustrated with this, I understand sometimes there should be a short delay (shorter than currently) to compensate for the players feet being in the right position when moving.

But there should be a button combo so that you can quickly toe poke it whether that's a shot or a pass. You'll sacrifice power and/or accuracy but sometimes you just need to move the ball regardless of direction.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Frostbite/server delay