Why did Volta flop so hard?

Comments

• AeolianVII
    92 posts Park Captain
    Guys to all of you who think that he literally hasnt played volta not even once, let me remind you this.
    When you start fifa for the first time the game forces you to play one volta match!

So after the above fact let me ask you this.Do you know what "metaphor" means???
  • FlyingOkapis
    1202 posts Professional
    I wouldn't say its flopped, I imagine its popular with kids and has its own fan base, but for me its just dull.

The interface is quite confusing, everything seems to take a while, the clothing options are quite boring, I have a team of 5-6 and I cannot be bothered to dress them all in generic street wear which doesnt even match.

The trainers/shoes etc are all crap, the same teams/players pop up all the time.

They've also gone for this neon-futuristic colour scheme that is horrible in my opinion, also for some including myself the game mode is just too 'braggy', I get some people like to dab and showboat in the oppositions face but a lot of it for me is just too far, the selfie celebrations, flips, general di ckhead ness in the mode turns a lot of people off.

Don't even get me started on 'Peter Panna', what an absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️, whenever he is on screen I don't want to beat him, I just want to turn the game off..
  • Nickbon
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Too fast, too similar to normal games thus being a completely different type of game, too real and too little arcade as it should be. Difficult to drop skill moves in so little space, they're too slow and too hard to remember so you keep pulling the same 2 or 3 all the time. Story mode is broken as CM is with always the same goalkeeper and J10 fronting you in every country and every competition. Should have had the chance to add real players and customize them into your team and not some generic ugly looking people except for the legends who anybody knows.
    Those are the problems for me. BIG space for improvement which there won't be, being this EA as everyone here knows
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    I had an instance, I hadn't said anything about it until now, because I was still in shock over it, where a player headed the ball which was on the ground. You'd think that the goalie would save this, but no, it didn't, quite shocking. Volta is about some skill, but not about heading a ball that is not in motion into the goal where at least the goalie would have picked that up....but I guess its about EA making it "fun" for everyone. Nice of them to think for us wanting to have fun
  • GT500
    727 posts Semi-Pro
    Nickbon wrote: »
    Too fast, too similar to normal games thus being a completely different type of game, too real and too little arcade as it should be. Difficult to drop skill moves in so little space, they're too slow and too hard to remember so you keep pulling the same 2 or 3 all the time. Story mode is broken as CM is with always the same goalkeeper and J10 fronting you in every country and every competition. Should have had the chance to add real players and customize them into your team and not some generic ugly looking people except for the legends who anybody knows.
    Those are the problems for me. BIG space for improvement which there won't be, being this EA as everyone here knows

I feel like the character models are physically too large to preform skills and when doing so their movements are very awkward
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    GT500 wrote: »
    Nickbon wrote: »

I feel like the character models are physically too large to preform skills and when doing so their movements are very awkward

That's why more nimble characters are needed
  • fortizb
    59 posts Park Captain
    Can only speak for me but I couldnt care less about Journey or Volta or what not. Focus on creating a good football game. If you manage that for once, go ahead and add some other modes if you want..

Well said.