The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Terrible AI Teammates

How can they possibly pass this game as an improvement on the last FIFA? The AI constantly just passes the ball to the opposing team, often for a goal or scoring chance. We’ve been counting the unforced errors that the computer makes, and it easily reaches 8-10 times per game, for just my team. I’m not even counting the errors occurring on the other team(and it’s obviously happening with them as well). Now I know the cpu ratings are bad to begin with, but their decision making is utterly horrible. At times my team will have two or three players within 20 yards(in a triangle) with clear passing lanes, but they still pass it straight to the other team.

I would be embarrassed if I was responsible for developing the AI(for pro clubs, as I haven’t had much experience yet with 1v1)in this game.

Anyone else noticing this ?

Comments

• Dunkirk
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing new then lol
  • MarioBamba
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well, it's always the same thing since FIFA 16/17, no news here
  • Oh yeah, I forgot that if we say nothing about it, the developers will fix it. Got it. I’ll just shut up and hope they fix something that continues to be broken every year. Maybe they will finally change the keeper kit to not match my team or the other team’s kit. I’ll use thoughts and prayers for pro clubs, that seems to be how people want things to be fixed nowadays. Oh, I know, we want more haircuts! Thanks EA Jesus.
  • Korthan
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do they still do that Pro Clubs 19 thing where they attempt quick return pass even if you didn't call for it and 95% of the time it goes straight to the opposing player nearby?

Or those drop-in games where the other team's bots pass and move like Spain but yours don't.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Playing with an ANY really enhances the pro clubs experience. I wont even join clubs that dont play with one anymore
  • Yeah. I think the AI on pro clubs is worse this year. so many bad passes straight to the opposing team even when they have clear options that are open. I have also noticed the AI defenders giving away a lot more penalties this year. Fix it EA. I don't expect them to be great, and i can accept a few mistakes here and there, but at the moment it is ridiculous...
  • Still terrible. Now we just drink and laugh at how bad they are. Once we found the comic relief, we don’t get so mad anymore. They don’t seem to want to fix the AI.

And yes, they still do the quick return pass that is almost always intercepted or taken off the feet of the receiving player... immediately.
  • Codymk7 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot that if we say nothing about it, the developers will fix it. Got it. I’ll just shut up and hope they fix something that continues to be broken every year. Maybe they will finally change the keeper kit to not match my team or the other team’s kit. I’ll use thoughts and prayers for pro clubs, that seems to be how people want things to be fixed nowadays. Oh, I know, we want more haircuts! Thanks EA Jesus.

I think we should be able to customize also GK's kit, I can't understand why EA didn't add this to the game.
  • Supernibz
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try to have one guy playing cdm as will be able to get the ball off the defaults