The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Struggling hard in Div 4

number7rocky
5100 posts Big Money Move
Never felt so bad at a fifa. 😔 Always been an elite player (mainly elite 3) since it was introduced in 17 and last year peaked around 2600 skill rating.

Just when I thought I improved slightly defensively today I'm a shambles again 😔 Today I've lost about 50 skill points in div 4! and in my first 4 games, my 3 losses I conceded 4/5. I'm fairly sure I've not kept a single clean sheet unless I've got rage quit in 40 plus online games.

People can go through the middle of me so easy and get simple shooting opportunities on the edge/inside the box even when I've gone to lowish depth and width just to help myself abit, feel like I'm conceding the same goal over and over yet when I face people who are putting everyone behind the ball it feels so hard to break them down at times, yet in the same situation where my opponent is on the edge of the box playing little passes, drag backs etc... I can't get near them.

I know I'm stuggling with the defending but half my tackles rebound back to the opponent even when I'm tackling them head on and not just lunging in yet when I get tackled they seem to always get the ball, starting to get disheartening 😔

I'm defending with L2 and L2 R2 but as soon as my opponent gets near my box and I have to get a tackle in at some point I'm struggling to get the ball back cleanly.

The first bit of consistency in rivals I had was with 433 which was normally was never for me but even that isn't working that well anymore.

I know the highest you could get put was div 4 so there's still alot of good players there but I've seen posts from a few peole on how they already pushed in to div 3, yet right now I'm winning and losing the same amount.

Absolutely dreading fut champs feel like I could get my worst ever result in any WL ever 😔 If I struggle bad may just play to Gold 3.

Comments

• Amdp9
    4237 posts National Call-Up
    Don’t tell me about it, DIV 5 is even harder to get through same situation was lost year when you hit DIV 3 it get easier don’t know why! I think this year EA have decreased points after winning the game that’s also cause of it since most of the good players /comparative players are stuck in these divisions
  • Give it a couple of weeks to let the league placings settle.
    Players will be were they deserve to be then.
  • lulzfifaomega
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    put more money into the game
    like 3 grand
  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you previously abused AI defending, you will struggle on Fifa 20.

I am keeping more clean sheets in this Fifa than any previous.

It really does require knowledge of football to defend on this game and it’s definitely more rewarding.
  • Theomanny
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game is unresponsive mess. Go on Twitter even the pros are all starting to moan.
  • number7rocky

It really does require knowledge of football to defend on this game and it’s definitely more rewarding.

I've always used manual defending though, but making tackles and it bouncing back to the opponent has been a massive issue for for years for me
  • McNasty
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

And I’ve shat in the Queens handbag.
  • Jobiwan
    3464 posts National Call-Up
    Theomanny wrote: »
    The game is unresponsive mess. Go on Twitter even the pros are all starting to moan.

Really? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now it'll be patched back to 19.1. I'm really enjoying it now. Took a bit of getting used to but most changes were great imo...
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move

If they are that good, they’ll learn how to adapt. 19 was the worst game ever and the same people were at the pro tournaments more or less.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3066 posts National Call-Up
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Really? **** now it'll be patched back to 19.1. I'm really enjoying it now. Took a bit of getting used to but most changes were great imo...

You can keep 20 but also make the game responsive.

20 is broken because you can't do anything.

Skills moves/passing don't register. Pressing doesn't work.
  • DannySTFC
    2897 posts Fans' Favourite

I've always used manual defending though, but making tackles and it bouncing back to the opponent has been a massive issue for for years for me

So have I and I’m having the same problems you described above, although the only difference is I’m still scoring and having fun going forwards, but players are walking through my defence as you mentioned yourself.

D1 G2 last year and not once did I ever AI defend, I always select the closest man to the ball and try to stop attacks myself. So I’d say I’m a half decent player but would never claim to be great as I think D1 G2 is ok.

Unfortunately there’s a few high and mighty people on here who think their gods gift and ‘know about football’ because they’re coping better with it at the moment then others.
  • Theomanny
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Really? **** now it'll be patched back to 19.1. I'm really enjoying it now. Took a bit of getting used to but most changes were great imo...

You can keep 20 but also make the game responsive.

20 is broken because you can't do anything.

Skills moves/passing don't register. Pressing doesn't work.

• number7rocky
    edited September 2019
    DannySTFC wrote: »

So have I and I’m having the same problems you described above, although the only difference is I’m still scoring and having fun going forwards, but players are walking through my defence as you mentioned yourself.

D1 G2 last year and not once did I ever AI defend, I always select the closest man to the ball and try to stop attacks myself. So I’d say I’m a half decent player but would never claim to be great as I think D1 G2 is ok.

Unfortunately there’s a few high and mighty people on here who think their gods gift and ‘know about football’ because they’re coping better with it at the moment then others.

I am scoring goals, and have had plenty big victories, but it just seems so easy for people to go through me and find space to shoot even when I've got players back where as I actually have to work hard to get through my opponents especially when they've got loads of players behind the ball.