Press Conferences and Interviews

JazzIsName
383 posts Sunday League Hero
grammarly.com

Because you appear to be incapable.

The spelling and grammar in those cut scenes is far below par. There is simply no excuse for that standard of English with the technology we have today. Honestly, this is schoolboy s**t. The more I look at this product the more I see how low your standards are over there. Never mind the fact that some clown made so many errors, there is the inescapable likelihood that it wasn't even checked. If it was, they are not up to the job either.

It just absolutely stinks of sloppiness. Get your act together. This game is a shameful mess.

Comments

• Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone would think the people that bought the game are the beta testers and the ones that shout the loudest might get a fix.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've noticed some over the years playing career mode. I know it's a low priority of EA as it stands, but it needs addressing.

Next year as well, I think they'll add more to the conferences to stop them becoming so stale. I'm buying the game tomorrow so wish me luck. I'm mostly going to play Volta anyways and some kick-off games. Would've held out for a week until they sort out an update to fix career mode...but it could take forever for all we know.
  • JazzIsName
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    I've noticed some over the years playing career mode. I know it's a low priority of EA as it stands, but it needs addressing.

Next year as well, I think they'll add more to the conferences to stop them becoming so stale. I'm buying the game tomorrow so wish me luck. I'm mostly going to play Volta anyways and some kick-off games. Would've held out for a week until they sort out an update to fix career mode...but it could take forever for all we know.

Well, I hope you find more pleasure in it than I have, buddy.
  • Crow

I hope Volta works for you but according to the posts I can't see an early fix for Career Mode, hope I'm wrong and the flak EA are getting hits home.
  • Career mode is developed by two guys at EA Bucharest - may have something to do with the English grammar and spelling mistakes.

Although a clear lack of internal testing and proof reading is the more likely problem.
  • Crow
    Harkett wrote: »
    Career mode is developed by two guys at EA Bucharest - may have something to do with the English grammar and spelling mistakes.

Although a clear lack of internal testing and proof reading is the more likely problem.

Yeah I read about those two guys. I bet EA are paying them peanuts. But yeah could well be a source for the mistakes.
  • JazzIsName
    Career mode is developed by two guys at EA Bucharest - may have something to do with the English grammar and spelling mistakes.

I know where they are based and I don't care. There is simply no excuse. NONE. Not for an international product aimed at a global audience and produced by a multi-billion pound company. Unacceptable.
  • Crow wrote: »

Yeah I read about those two guys. I bet EA are paying them peanuts. But yeah could well be a source for the mistakes.

Yeah I saw a video today about the career mode issues from one of the EA Game Changers and he mentioned that based on what he's seen they are massively understaffed on career mode, which also doesn't bode well for a timely patch.

As many have already said, EA will be focusing the majority of their resources on FUT instead.
  • JazzIsName
    This is not some $100 dollar startup in somebody's shed.
  • Harkett
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2019
    JazzIsName wrote: »

I know where they are based and I don't care. There is simply no excuse. NONE. Not for an international product aimed at a global audience and produced by a multi-billion pound company. Unacceptable.

Absolutely in agreement that there's no excusing this or any of the issues they're

On one of their LinkedIn profile it states of their work on Fifa 18 - "Responsible for shipping Career Mode as part of a high quality product meeting both time and budget requirements"

At this laughable stage I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a similar thing for 20 - "Responsible for implementing revolutionary new Career Mode features as part of a high quality product".

• JazzIsName
    Yeah I saw a video today about the career mode issues from one of the EA Game Changers and he mentioned that based on what he's seen they are massively understaffed on career mode, which also doesn't bode well for a timely patch.

I have posted a few times the last few days that I believe this to be true and it think it's appalling if it is actually the case. Employing the correct amount of staff to fix and maintain career mode at a steady but productive rate would cost peanuts relative to the vast sums of revenue this game generates annually. The figures for it are huge.

According to telegrapgh.co.uk A reasonably reliable broadsheet newspaper in the UK. FIFA 18 sold over 24 million copies. It generated $3 billion. What kind of percentage of 3 billion dollars would a few extra guys and computers working on the mode in Romania cost them? I'll tell you, it wouldn't dent it. It's drops in the ocean stuff.

Good old fashioned greed is what we are talking about here gentlemen. EA and their cronies want ALL the monies. All of them I tell thee and they want to give us as little as possible for it.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero

Well, I hope you find more pleasure in it than I have, buddy.

As you know about my mental health issues, I've taken my pills today so I should be fine haha. If not I'll make an appointment on Monday lol.
  • L4r14m
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect

I have posted a few times the last few days that I believe this to be true and it think it's appalling if it is actually the case. Employing the correct amount of staff to fix and maintain career mode at a steady but productive rate would cost peanuts relative to the vast sums of revenue this game generates annually. The figures for it are huge.

According to telegrapgh.co.uk A reasonably reliable broadsheet newspaper in the UK. FIFA 18 sold over 24 million copies. It generated $3 billion. What kind of percentage of 3 billion dollars would a few extra guys and computers working on the mode in Romania cost them? I'll tell you, it wouldn't dent it. It's drops in the ocean stuff.

Good old fashioned greed is what we are talking about here gentlemen. EA and their cronies want ALL the monies. All of them I tell thee and they want to give us as little as possible for it.

One would also imagine that they’d make loads of more money by putting some more effort into the CM. They are losing old customers; they’d get new ones.