Surely This Can't Be The Reason Career Tables And Results Are Broken? Can it?

JazzIsName
383 posts Sunday League Hero
Or maybe it's just part of it. I don't know. You be the judge.

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    4249 posts National Call-Up
    JazzIsName wrote: »
    Or maybe it's just part of it. I don't know. You be the judge.

Wow!! :D

Can you please pass this on to the devs ASAP? @EA_Andy @EA_Rtas
  • mfmaxpower
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can someone summarize? He's taking forever to get to the point lol
  • TeamExtreme17
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    Can someone summarize? He's taking forever to get to the point lol

They added a new composure trait in Fifa 16/17 that effects simming games, but forgot to add it to the files that are used to determine outcomes thus ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up simming.. Hence it being in the unrealistic state it is!! Such an easy fix too..

Once again modders showing up Fifa devs!!
  • Verdi42
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA should hire these modders. I’m not even joking. The guys that made the best mods for FIFA 19 first had to find a way into the system, then had to figure it, made their own tools to edit it and came up with way better results than the original. Acknowledge them, and use their talent and ability. And their passion for the game.
  • JazzIsName
    Verdi42 wrote: »
    EA should hire these modders. I’m not even joking. The guys that made the best mods for FIFA 19 first had to find a way into the system, then had to figure it, made their own tools to edit it and came up with way better results than the original. Acknowledge them, and use their talent and ability. And their passion for the game.

They should at least engage with them. Some companies have actually done this. I believe Bohemia took on some modders from the ARMA community and I remember reading SCS took on some modders from that trucking sim community. It does happen.
  • Crow
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You should get in contact with Fifer where you put up this fix as a mod and get it out to other players. I think you are definitely onto something. Next thing to look for is why the Europa and CL stop working after a few seasons.
  • TeamExtreme17
    Crow wrote: »
    You should get in contact with Fifer where you put up this fix as a mod and get it out to other players. I think you are definitely onto something. Next thing to look for is why the Europa and CL stop working after a few seasons.

Thats already been addressed and will be in a coming patch..
  • JazzIsName

According to this:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/499572/fifa-20-launch-developer-q-a#latest

They have identified what they THINK is the cause of that Europa and CL breakage.

I should clarify that that video is not my work nor was it my discovery. I just stumbled upon the video and it had me wondering. Having spent years modding and tinkering with games and simulations it is often something so obvious as that that is the cause of your headaches.
  • Crow
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I think they know most of the things that are wrong in Career mode but can't be arsed to fix it.

• JazzIsName
    Honestly I think they know most of the things that are wrong in Career mode but can't be arsed to fix it.

Me too. I can't believe that the developers are really that incompetent. Unless affirmative action has gotten so absurd that it's crippling productivity because they have people not really up to the job. Judging by the grammatical errors and spelling in the conferences this wouldn't surprise me.

Pure speculation but I can imagine a lead developer presenting a file with all the information about where they are and what needs to be done to a soulless suit who then proceeds to fan through it and after, telling them to polish the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and push it out and see how the market responds. If we are pushed we will fix the minimum. As long as our targets are met and the shareholders are happy for another year are that's all that matters.

Perhaps I'm just an old cynic but I have witnessed this kind of crap many times in my working life.
  • Crow

Me too. I can't believe that the developers are really that incompetent. Unless affirmative action has gotten so absurd that it's crippling productivity because they have people not really up to the job. Judging by the grammatical errors and spelling in the conferences this wouldn't surprise me.

Pure speculation but I can imagine a lead developer presenting a file with all the information about where they are and what needs to be done to a soulless suit who then proceeds to fan through it and after, telling them to polish the **** and push it out and see how the market responds. If we are pushed we will fix the minimum. As long as our targets are met and the shareholders are happy for another year are that's all that matters.

Perhaps I'm just an old cynic but I have witnessed this kind of crap many times in my working life.

That's exactly how I feel. If they don't care about Grammar then perhaps they are lazy in coding as well.

It really annoys me that EA throw money at these Tournaments but skimp on throwing money at the development of the game. FIFA is supposed to be their No.1 seller but you would think by looking how they treat their customers the game is shovelware like what they are infamous for.
  • JazzIsName
    FIFA is supposed to be their No.1 seller but you would think by looking how they treat their customers the game is shovelware like what they are infamous for.

You would think they would want to maintain as high a standard as is possible for one of their largest earners. If for no other reasons than a point of principle.
  • Crow
    FIFA is supposed to be their No.1 seller but you would think by looking how they treat their customers the game is shovelware like what they are infamous for.

You would think they would want to maintain as high a standard as is possible for one of their largest earners. If for no other reasons than a point of principle.

They might have some people who think that way in the company but for me the people who run EA seem to do it with 'pure greed' as their motivation.
  • mfmaxpower
    256 posts Sunday League Hero

^^This. The reason we've had such a poor CM for so long now is because they barely invest in it.

I'd be shocked if they had more than a few unpaid interns working on CM considering what they've done with the mode in recent years.
  • I have known this for a few years and used the frosty suite to edit the game. Sadly, ea have made it progressively more difficult to mod fifa. It took 6 months to get fifa 19 properly modded because EA have started to put the scripting etc into the games exe. This was not the case until 19.
    EA know the game has severe coding errors they refuse to fix them and they also make it hard for the modding community to fix them. These modders arent pirates, they arent trying to deprive EA of their precious money stream. All they are trying to do is fix the coding errors.
    Why wont EA Fix them?
    Why are Ea going out of their way to prevent modders fixing them?
    These are questions that EA will never answer.
    All we want is game thats works. Thats it. We dont a free game, we dont want to cheat. #
    So please tell me EA. What is wrong with that?
  • MJD85
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    All we want is a decent Career mode.
    All they want is FUT.
  • Addicksfan
    3559 posts National Call-Up
    Laadidaa wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    MJD85 wrote: »
    All they want is FUT.

Exactly. And FUT is scripted (match fixing) to maximize EA income stream. FUT is a con and everyone who plays are being set up to spend spend spend.

So true, proven last year with "dynamic difficulty" and still people play it and spend thousands....So why would EA change???

A good tip is to restart the game everyt two matches and this prevents dynamic difficulty kicking in. I have no idea why people want the game to be easy. dynamic difficulty means that the game just get progressively easier. personally i want fifa 20 fixing just so i can start playing the game. Its so frustrating isn't it?

It's very frustrating....considering the pitch notes for 20 suggested all the CM issues had been resolved where in fact they were made worse...totally breaking the game and EA just don't care because it doesn't include micro transactions and so these bugs that have been in the game for years are just being ignored.....they say "they're looking into it" and can't give a date....sounds ominous to me...doubt we'll see a patch for at least 3-4 months given the amount of patching they need to do....
  • RMFisher
    64 posts Park Captain
    Literally all the bugs that are so hard for EA to fix, get fixed by modders in 5 mins. Either EA devs are a bit slow in the head or just aren't trying.
  • EA this should embarrass you to tears. You are meant to be professional. Be better. Clean this up. Have some pride.
  • BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    Again, this points to trying to do too much in a development cycle for gaming.

Two year cycle for the main game. Then charge a small fee for updated rosters at start of a second year.

For FUT, they have Season 1 and Season 2 in each release. Charge for Season 2.

They could do soooo much more with a viable timeline a model that would be better for the paying customers... who would probably spend more money. Especially those in FUT.
  • Hi guys, I'm FIFER. Yeah, it's ridiculous. That isn't the cause of the problem tho, that's the cause of why Messi only scores like 10 goals each season. The main cause is the AI team selection, and the other two is that team rating doesn't matter that much for who wins games, and not enough goals are scored. I'd be happy to give EA my files for free if they wanted them. Obviously there are legal issues with that but I'm sure that EA, a multi billion-dollar company, could find out some way for me to sign a contract so I couldn't sue them.
  • JazzIsName
    FIFER_19 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm FIFER. Yeah, it's ridiculous. That isn't the cause of the problem tho, that's the cause of why Messi only scores like 10 goals each season. The main cause is the AI team selection, and the other two is that team rating doesn't matter that much for who wins games, and not enough goals are scored. I'd be happy to give EA my files for free if they wanted them. Obviously there are legal issues with that but I'm sure that EA, a multi billion-dollar company, could find out some way for me to sign a contract so I couldn't sue them.

Now isn't that an interesting post. Thank's for joining in. Perhaps you would be willing to contact them directly and also create your own thread here and at

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/fifa-20-technical-issues-en

Offer your information and services. It's obvious at this point that they need help. How embarrassing.

Do you know exactly the cause? Could you demonstrate like in that video?
  • Crow
    MJD85 wrote: »
    All they want is FUT.

Exactly. And FUT is scripted (match fixing) to maximize EA income stream. FUT is a con and everyone who plays are being set up to spend spend spend.

So true, proven last year with "dynamic difficulty" and still people play it and spend thousands....So why would EA change???

A good tip is to restart the game everyt two matches and this prevents dynamic difficulty kicking in. I have no idea why people want the game to be easy. dynamic difficulty means that the game just get progressively easier. personally i want fifa 20 fixing just so i can start playing the game. Its so frustrating isn't it?

It's very frustrating....considering the pitch notes for 20 suggested all the CM issues had been resolved where in fact they were made worse...totally breaking the game and EA just don't care because it doesn't include micro transactions and so these bugs that have been in the game for years are just being ignored.....they say "they're looking into it" and can't give a date....sounds ominous to me...doubt we'll see a patch for at least 3-4 months given the amount of patching they need to do....

I had argued for 'Dynamic OVR' for previous versions but it was supposed to be performance based and for the AI teams as well. So if you well really well with your star player his stats would have a slight increase (over several games) and vice versa so he could have a drop. This would make you play more players in your squad as they would also take a hit as they weren't being played, that was the thinking anyway but from the look of it EA has only done half the job, what a company eh?
  • JazzIsName wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm FIFER. Yeah, it's ridiculous. That isn't the cause of the problem tho, that's the cause of why Messi only scores like 10 goals each season. The main cause is the AI team selection, and the other two is that team rating doesn't matter that much for who wins games, and not enough goals are scored. I'd be happy to give EA my files for free if they wanted them. Obviously there are legal issues with that but I'm sure that EA, a multi billion-dollar company, could find out some way for me to sign a contract so I couldn't sue them.

Now isn't that an interesting post. Thank's for joining in. Perhaps you would be willing to contact them directly and also create your own thread here and at

Offer your information and services. It's obvious at this point that they need help. How embarrassing.

I've made a post on this thread but I'll also make one on that one, thanks! Yeah, I do. I plan on making a video about it later
  • JazzIsName

I've made a post on this thread but I'll also make one on that one, thanks! Yeah, I do. I plan on making a video about it later

Excellent, if you could post that video in this thread also when you have it completed, that would be appreciated.
  • JazzIsName wrote: »

Excellent, if you could post that video in this thread also when you have it completed, that would be appreciated.

I'll make sure to do that!
  • JazzIsName

I'll make sure to do that!

The reason I suggested you post over at ea answers is that that seems to be the place that is trawled the most. Although this is the official FIFA forums all the support really happens over there. For whatever reasons. Also, tweet it at @EA_GZaro and @EACoreySA #FixCareerMode
  • bristolbob
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Errors happen in coding, but it does show that no one has bothered to try and tweak the simming calculations over that past couple years even though it's been brought up time and again by the community. or else surely the error would have been noticed. If,and it's a big IF, EA fix this then that would improve career mode greatly.
  • bristolbob wrote: »
    Errors happen in coding, but it does show that no one has bothered to try and tweak the simming calculations over that past couple years even though it's been brought up time and again by the community. or else surely the error would have been noticed. If,and it's a big IF, EA fix this then that would improve career mode greatly.

Ea haven't bothered to fix this for at least the last three fifa. They've been flooded with complaints and ignored them all. These coding errors are nothing new. They've been getting worse every year. They could be fixed with mods until fifa 19 when ea blocked the traditional method of modding the errors.
    If the modders can fix them why can't ea?
    Because they can't be bothered
    That's why. BTW The fix isn't difficult to implement. I team like ea can do it in just a few hours. If they wanted.