Just me or is FIFA 20 gameplay slow AF

Finally the wait was over...after practicing on the demo for a couple weeks I finally got to fire up the official FIFA20! I loaded up a H2H online seasons match and off to the races I went! Only, it wasn’t so much the swashbuckling, neck-breaking paced game of footy I was expecting but rather a geriatric pedestrian lackadaisical yawn fest. I really had to check to make sure the settings were on earth’s gravity and not the Special limited time Moon Edition. Not all doom and gloom however, this years Fifa really allows for multi-tasking. Cross the ball, go make a sandwich, come back to the console and press shoot button to head the ball. Seems like they thought about how to really incorporate the game into our busy lives. I’ve made much progress on my memoir whilst waiting for passes to reach their receivers. Thanks EA!!

But seriously there have been some great improvements but just speed the sh*t up a bit. Thanks.

Comments

• QuidoFrontiere
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Speed is good finally.
  • It’s perfect.
  • Redelmo89
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Adapt, and leave it alone. Gameplay, barring the odd keeper mistake, is the only thing right with the game. Pro clubs is at the best its been in years.
  • y_j_es_i
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s so much better than fifa 19

Gameplay-wise it’s the best fifa yet
  • y_j_es_i
    JazzIsName wrote: »
    Slow! That's an understatement. I've owned it since Tuesday and still can't play because of how broken career mode is.

As for the actual gameplay. Leave it alone. It's the only damned thing they have right this year. It's not too slow at all.

What’s going wrong in career mode for you? I’m a few months in and feel this is a major improvement on 19&18’s, which were basically the same
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Slow! That's an understatement. I've owned it since Tuesday and still can't play because of how broken career mode is.

As for the actual gameplay. Leave it alone. It's the only damned thing they have right this year. It's not too slow at all.

What’s going wrong in career mode for you? I’m a few months in and feel this is a major improvement on 19&18’s, which were basically the same

1. Press conference questions and answers are extremely repetitive. There is no point answering the same questions for 15 years. There should’ve been a large number of questions and answers from where the game could pull off. This has gone stale fast.
    2. Editing a player glitches the player to change positions. For example editing a CM will change their position to CAM or CDM. An edited CF will become a ST and it removes their second position. ALSO why can we still not change a player’s position to RW, LW, CM, or CF?? This seems so trivial to not include it. Please add these options to the edit player position lists.
    3. AI team selection is bad or worse. Top 6 teams are fielding reserves or substitute players. This is unacceptable. This has been going on for years now with no fix. It absolutely ruins the little immersion we have with career mode.
    4. Table realism: Top 6 are finishing at extremely low positions and teams are winning with around 60 points. The tables are not realistic at all.
    5. Player conversation are as dull and bland as press conferences. There needs to be a large pull of questions and answers or else how are we suppose to not get bored of this feature after the first season if the questions are always the same?? They also seem to be broken as some players request game time and then respond “I am frustrated I was played and got injured when I requested not to play”.
    6. There is no risk or reward for press conference/interview questions. These just adds to the generic state
    7. After a few years the Europa League does not progress to playoffs and Champions League doesn’t even get started. When you look at matches played for those competitions some of them will show up as TBD vs TBD.
    8. Dynamic potential: Even if a player is in bad form they will still grow in rating. At age 29/30 players still decline regardless of performance. “Had a 30 year old CAM with 6 goals and 18 assist after 18 league games dropp 2 points overall nonetheless.”
    9. When you edit a player, their overall drops as well.
    10. In the calendar, multiple games a day or less a part is STILL not fixed
    10. If you play on Ultimate difficulty, you can beat the AI top teams by 4,5,6, or 7 goals.
    11. Max height for created players is only 6’2
    12. Champions League starts with the 2018-2019 teams. Not the new group stages for the 2019-2020 season.
    13. Cannot scout yout academy in Wales, STILL. Why is this still not possible? Especially for teams who we have national teams for.
    14. Youth Academy teams are debuting with tucked in shirts and generic boots, STILL.
    15. International game stadiums/fields look horrible. The presentation looks so generic and I feel like there is a filter added that makes the national team colors and field look very bland.
    16. If we create a player we should be able to edit their potential since we sometimes have to create players that are not in the game due to licensing. Created players should not reach 99 potential, that is ridiculous.

1. ⁠Player Career Mode player will end up with 0 star skills.
    2. ⁠Dynamic Potential seems to be working for some people while not working at all for others.
    3. ⁠Raising a players wages, even minimally in some cases, can get you automatically fired. This was an attempt to remove the billion dollar transfer budget glitch that was executed horribly.
    4. ⁠Typos in interviews.
    5. A player you accepted a transfer fee on stays in the background of the career mode menu and then stays on the middle of the pitch the whole time.
    6. Player fitness is very bad. Even players with 80+ stamina are gassed by half time. They only have 50% stamina left and have to be substituted off.
    7. In post match interviews when there is a score draw, the interviewer always asks the question about it being a "boring match" even if there are more than 4 or 6 goals (3-3 for example).
    8. In player conversations, no matter what selection you chose, the player ALWAYS reacts positively.
    9. Morale is now pointless since ALL players are happy no matter where your team are in the league or how badly you treat them.

Some youth players’ birthyears are listed as 1970 when you edit them.

Will that do?

Top of the list is out of date squads and kits, I'm not starting another save until they get that right, at least.
  • JazzIsName

And, I agree, to a degree. I have been really looking forward to it. It would be better, purely because of the inclusion of dynamic player potential. If it all worked. But it doesn't. The mode is bugged.

That aside though, there really isn't enough real improvement even if everything was working. Not much development shown for another year of development.
  • ChrisW1991
    1218 posts Professional
    Gameplay is perfect
  • y_j_es_i

1. Press conference questions and answers are extremely repetitive. There is no point answering the same questions for 15 years. There should’ve been a large number of questions and answers from where the game could pull off. This has gone stale fast.
    2. Editing a player glitches the player to change positions. For example editing a CM will change their position to CAM or CDM. An edited CF will become a ST and it removes their second position. ALSO why can we still not change a player’s position to RW, LW, CM, or CF?? This seems so trivial to not include it. Please add these options to the edit player position lists.
    3. AI team selection is bad or worse. Top 6 teams are fielding reserves or substitute players. This is unacceptable. This has been going on for years now with no fix. It absolutely ruins the little immersion we have with career mode.
    4. Table realism: Top 6 are finishing at extremely low positions and teams are winning with around 60 points. The tables are not realistic at all.
    5. Player conversation are as dull and bland as press conferences. There needs to be a large pull of questions and answers or else how are we suppose to not get bored of this feature after the first season if the questions are always the same?? They also seem to be broken as some players request game time and then respond “I am frustrated I was played and got injured when I requested not to play”.
    6. There is no risk or reward for press conference/interview questions. These just adds to the generic state
    7. After a few years the Europa League does not progress to playoffs and Champions League doesn’t even get started. When you look at matches played for those competitions some of them will show up as TBD vs TBD.
    8. Dynamic potential: Even if a player is in bad form they will still grow in rating. At age 29/30 players still decline regardless of performance. “Had a 30 year old CAM with 6 goals and 18 assist after 18 league games dropp 2 points overall nonetheless.”
    9. When you edit a player, their overall drops as well.
    10. In the calendar, multiple games a day or less a part is STILL not fixed
    10. If you play on Ultimate difficulty, you can beat the AI top teams by 4,5,6, or 7 goals.
    11. Max height for created players is only 6’2
    12. Champions League starts with the 2018-2019 teams. Not the new group stages for the 2019-2020 season.
    13. Cannot scout yout academy in Wales, STILL. Why is this still not possible? Especially for teams who we have national teams for.
    14. Youth Academy teams are debuting with tucked in shirts and generic boots, STILL.
    15. International game stadiums/fields look horrible. The presentation looks so generic and I feel like there is a filter added that makes the national team colors and field look very bland.
    16. If we create a player we should be able to edit their potential since we sometimes have to create players that are not in the game due to licensing. Created players should not reach 99 potential, that is ridiculous.

1. ⁠Player Career Mode player will end up with 0 star skills.
    2. ⁠Dynamic Potential seems to be working for some people while not working at all for others.
    3. ⁠Raising a players wages, even minimally in some cases, can get you automatically fired. This was an attempt to remove the billion dollar transfer budget glitch that was executed horribly.
    4. ⁠Typos in interviews.
    5. A player you accepted a transfer fee on stays in the background of the career mode menu and then stays on the middle of the pitch the whole time.
    6. Player fitness is very bad. Even players with 80+ stamina are gassed by half time. They only have 50% stamina left and have to be substituted off.
    7. In post match interviews when there is a score draw, the interviewer always asks the question about it being a "boring match" even if there are more than 4 or 6 goals (3-3 for example).
    8. In player conversations, no matter what selection you chose, the player ALWAYS reacts positively.
    9. Morale is now pointless since ALL players are happy no matter where your team are in the league or how badly you treat them.

Some youth players’ birthyears are listed as 1970 when you edit them.

Will that do?

Top of the list is out of date squads and kits, I'm not starting another save until they get that right, at least.

1. Completely agree
    2. Haven’t tried doing that yet and we should be able to change a player’s positions over time
    3. I think there needs to be an overhaul of how young players’ stats are done. With the improvements in passing, defending, dribbling, awareness and contact there’s no need to encumber most young players with unrealistically low physical stats. Giving young players more realistic physical stats would not only encourage players to blood more youngsters, thus actually making the most of the new dynamic potential system, but it’d also place a greater emphasis on technical stats because those are what will make the older players stand out more.
    That said, how older players decline also needs to be overhauled and should place a greater emphasis on declines in physical stats and things like reactions
    4. Yeh they need to give teams dynamic circumstances that can change over the years. For example teams like arsenal will have relatively small transfer budgets but this could change over time. Most more prosperous clubs meanwhile will have a transfer deficit in most seasons tho the extent of this could similarly change over time
    5. Agreed. 3 options isn’t enough and you should be able to be like 18/19 Mourinho and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off your whole squad if you want to, or just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up lol
    6. As above
    7. Oh really? I haven’t gotten that far yet
    8. I think poor performances should have a gradual effect on a player’s potential and young players who have bad seasons should still improve a bit stats-wise because they’ll be better in following seasons. Form is temporary and quality can be enduring.
    9. That might be due to them changing positions
    10. I want them to add a more sophisticated AI which learns how you play and figures out how to play against you that you can turn on and off for kick off and manager mode separately. This would be really interesting as it’d force managers to adapt as the season and as the years go on
    11. Yeh they’ve made it so that new Ronaldos and Lewandowskis never appear which is just unrealistic
    12. ?? Mine are updated in career mode. Are you sure you’ve updated your squads?
    13. Agree
    14. Agree
    15. Haven’t noticed but that’s a bit poor
    16. Agree

3. That’s just stupid
    6. Try changing your tactics. With ‘press on heavy touch’ on and all attackers and mods on ‘balanced interceptions’ most of my players usually still have more than two thirds of their stamina at half time on 6 min halves
    8. They ‘only’ react positively 90% of the time
    9. Pretty sure if you were doing poorly your players will be upset

I agree with most of what you’ve said tho given how little changed last year and the year before I’m surprised you’re actually this disappointed lol. A few of the things will hopefully be patched up before too long altho given how BFV’s been since release and how nothing changed in fifa19 and fifa 18 I just don’t trust EA anymore
  • y_j_es_i
    edited September 2019

And, I agree, to a degree. I have been really looking forward to it. It would be better, purely because of the inclusion of dynamic player potential. If it all worked. But it doesn't. The mode is bugged.

That aside though, there really isn't enough real improvement even if everything was working. Not much development shown for another year of development.

The state of manager mode really isn’t good enough but by this point I don’t expect EA to do any more for something that doesn’t involve loot boxes. Did you hear about the EA dev who ‘doesn’t understand why they’re the bad guys’ now? That’s just proof that EA devs don’t actually play their own games lol

If it wasn’t for the updates to manager mode and general gameplay I would’ve got PES this year. If they don’t patch up the game and/or revamp manager mode in Fifa 21 then I’ll probably just get PES next year. If the gameplay was as bad as fifa 19’s I would’ve gotten a refund
  • silverdale10
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    Haven't played online yet but can't say it feels much noticeably slower on squad battles, attackers do seem to dither more on the ball in front of goal though.
  • JazzIsName
    12. ?? Mine are updated in career mode. Are you sure you’ve updated your squads?

MIne were updated too but then they released another updated that reverted it back because the update released was broken.

That list I posted is from the thread listing all the problems here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Career-Mode-Issues-Megathread/td-p/8244343

Not all of them I have encountered such as this one

And your susequent reply:
    6. Try changing your tactics. With ‘press on heavy touch’ on and all attackers and mods on ‘balanced interceptions’ most of my players usually still have more than two thirds of their stamina at half time on 6 min halves

I can't say I was having that one either and like you think it may be someone using the wrong tactics. Something like high pressure all the time or something.

However, I have stopped playing because I encountered many of them. They are all there alright.
  • Master110
    1064 posts Professional
    edited September 2019
    I don't think the speed feels right at all. Its slow and fast playets in real.life who run fast now sprint like a snail.

They needed to fix the.stamina.not slow the game down to sunday league pace. Gamea in premier league ate not slow like this. Many all of you are lower tier team fans.

Custom tactics are still present which should of been removed fifas ago.
  • JazzIsName

You must be joking? You think we shouldn't be able to set up our teams to play the way we want or need?
  • The current gameplay speed is the best its ever been in a FIFA title.

I would say over 90% are loving the new game speed and tempo.

FIFA 20 is the best yet 👍
  • y_j_es_i

You must be joking? You think we shouldn't be able to set up our teams to play the way we want or need?

Just read the rest of his comment man, the dude’s probably 14 lol. He just can’t get his head around tactics and so he wants them to dumb the game down
  • blue166
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2019

Just read the rest of his comment man, the dude’s probably 14 lol. He just can’t get his head around tactics and so he wants them to dumb the game down

Yeah I agree. Some people are not willing to spend time learning anything. Even when it's simple.

The current game speed is the best it's ever been. You can actually play football.
  • Mango1984
    80 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every year this happens people moan about the game speed noticeabley tho it’s qlways online players and it gets changed to ping pong speed speed speed game then of line career mode players get an unrealistic game of football hopefully for once the speed stays as sit is it’s perfect I don’t know what games you watch on tele but games are 70% of the time slow and build up unless it’s 5mins remaining and a teams trying to go for a winner or an equaliser LEAVE palace alone it’s perfect !
  • The game speed is the best it's ever been. It needs left well alone.
  • Vincemuus
    4 posts Ball Boy
    You are really naive.I bet right now you are blaiming EA for the unrealistic gameplay brought by the patch updates .
  • Vincemuus
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Borna11 wrote: »
    Finally the wait was over...after practicing on the demo for a couple weeks I finally got to fire up the official FIFA20! I loaded up a H2H online seasons match and off to the races I went! Only, it wasn’t so much the swashbuckling, neck-breaking paced game of footy I was expecting but rather a geriatric pedestrian lackadaisical yawn fest. I really had to check to make sure the settings were on earth’s gravity and not the Special limited time Moon Edition. Not all doom and gloom however, this years Fifa really allows for multi-tasking. Cross the ball, go make a sandwich, come back to the console and press shoot button to head the ball. Seems like they thought about how to really incorporate the game into our busy lives. I’ve made much progress on my memoir whilst waiting for passes to reach their receivers. Thanks EA!!

But seriously there have been some great improvements but just speed the sh*t up a bit. Thanks.

The gamespeed is ruined after EA patch updates
  • Master110
    1064 posts Professional
    Speed is slow and boring.

6 min half's and this slow isn't fun.
  • Korthan
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    Redelmo89 wrote: »
    Adapt, and leave it alone. Gameplay, barring the odd keeper mistake, is the only thing right with the game. Pro clubs is at the best its been in years.

Worst Pro Clubs ever. Dull, boring, very limited scoring, can't score from the edge of the box unless it's a counter attack, OP defenders and goalkeepers.