It's clear.

FUT works like a charm, the squad updates are there. However the other game modes are broken, the squad update isn't there, substitutions don't work, this has to be on purpose, to try and make as many players join or at least try FUT.

Comments

• y_j_es_i
    158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 28
    FUT works like a charm, the squad updates are there. However the other game modes are broken, the squad update isn't there, substitutions don't work, this has to be on purpose, to try and make as many players join or at least try FUT.

Cant say I’m surprised seeing as before fifa 20 manager mode was untouched for two years and some bugs from fifa 18 still exist
    Post edited by y_j_es_i on
  • pipopazzo33
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its the only logical explanation. They kill it off so that you give in to microtransactions. They will always favor a game mode that has microtransactions but CRIPPLING on purpose the game as a whole to favor FUT is too much. I think bugs started to appear at a simetric rate ever since FUT was introduced. The thing is FIFA license wont allow them to release a standalone FUT game. Clearly thats what they want but I guess they feel frustrated... just my assumption. Even if 50 percent of game sales drop there is enough money to be made on FUT so I dont see a way out
  • pipopazzo33
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Pls post this on the starhead thread so that more people will see and accept the idea. Thats where most of the forum traffic is...
  • FranzJeger
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park

Surprised? They don’t give a rat's a$$ about something that doesn’t involve predatory macrotransactions. Why do people never learn. Don't buy and support a industry that wants children to gamble. You are part of the problem by buying the game, if you want them to create better products vote with your wallet!
  • silverdale10
    1425 posts Professional
    I'm not one to defend EA but I doubt they'd do this on purpose, it's negative publicity and is hardly going to encourage sales in the run-up to Christmas.

It'll probably be a case of them putting more resources into FUT at the expense of other modes because that's where the money is. Things go wrong in FUT but they tend to get fixed much more quickly because that's their priority.
  • I think its clear by there patch notes here where there priorities where

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/498138/fifa-title-update-20th-september#latest

All it mention is the new Volta mode. I wouldn't be surprised if they over looked everything else.
  • BGAlum
    1421 posts Professional
    I'm not one to defend EA but I doubt they'd do this on purpose, it's negative publicity and is hardly going to encourage sales in the run-up to Christmas.

It'll probably be a case of them putting more resources into FUT at the expense of other modes because that's where the money is. Things go wrong in FUT but they tend to get fixed much more quickly because that's their priority.

Can I point out the fallacy in your logic here?

You say you do not think EA did this on purpose, just a case of putting more resources on FUT.

That is by definition doing it on purpose, regardless of intent, it was probably hoped it would be overlooked.

They took a calculated risk and it will probably pay off. If it does, then there will basically only be FUT moving forward.