Really hope EA don’t flinch

OfficerJimlahey
1902 posts Fans' Favourite
This iteration is much more manual so it’ll naturally take longer to master. That inevitably means a string of complaints from people that want everything handed to them. I really hope they hold their nerve on this one and give people time to adapt instead of panicking and reverting to what we had. It’s clear that the only way is forwards as the old way wasn’t working.

I’m not great at the game, just over a 1:1 W/L ratio. My defending is sloppy at times and I’m getting punished but at least I can see why I’ve conceded. It could be that I dragged a defender out of place 4 passes prior which gifted an opportunity. Scoring some really nice, rewarding goals as well.

Leave it as it is for a bit. Nothing worth having comes easily

Comments

• Hoopsterz
    3572 posts National Call-Up
    Issue is people say one thing but actually mean the other..

People that moaned all fifa 19 that is was too assisted etc will be the people now moaning that the AI does nothing..
  • Ash2442
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    And to think he was their biggest advocate just 24 hours ago
  • Jonx88
    1001 posts Professional
    Part of the problem is everybody plays FUT from the get go now with 80 rated squads, after coming from a full TOTS squad in 19, the players are naturally going to feel sluggish etc but some people think it's the gameplay, Ive played a bit of career mode with high rated players and the gameplay is night and day, but most people don't venture outside FUT now.

Usually EA will patch the game early to decrease the skill gap and allow 80 rated teams to compete, then 3 months down the line when everybody has 90+ squads the gameplay is completely different and a totally different patch is needed, it's the same every year.
  • PaulDr
    3936 posts National Call-Up
    I'm struggling but not for the reasons you imply here. The only ai assist that I've noticed has been lessened considerably is heading. I never relied on ai defending in fifa 19. Apart from anything I find it boring and would rather be in control of the action as much as possible. But I've seen plenty of ai assists, just as in 19, sometimes in my favour, sometimes against and its usually obviously when the balance has been shifted. I suspect when people learn how to exploit this iteration, there will be the same complaints.
  • Gnomenclature
    8246 posts League Winner
    Definitely a higher learning curve - especially with defending. Mistakes are severely punished now compared to 19.

Gonna take some getting used to for sure. 1depth drop back is still op though and crossing/heading is too nerfed. Its close to being better - just a few tweaks to go.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Issue is people say one thing but actually mean the other..

People that moaned all fifa 19 that is was too assisted etc will be the people now moaning that the AI does nothing..

Well I am of the opinion that 19 was too assisted. This is exactly what I wanted. There is definitely a high portion of players that think they are better than they are though, which results in them blaming anything but themselves
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    What's the point of playing on bad servers?
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    With guys like @Benja190782 whining its going to be tough.

I think @Benja190782 might have fut bipolar
  • Kamilflage
    6236 posts Big Money Move
    Its just the damn servers...they have the worst servers so things feel random and inconsistent
  • OfficerJimlahey
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Part of the problem is everybody plays FUT from the get go now with 80 rated squads, after coming from a full TOTS squad in 19, the players are naturally going to feel sluggish etc but some people think it's the gameplay, Ive played a bit of career mode with high rated players and the gameplay is night and day, but most people don't venture outside FUT now.

Usually EA will patch the game early to decrease the skill gap and allow 80 rated teams to compete, then 3 months down the line when everybody has 90+ squads the gameplay is completely different and a totally different patch is needed, it's the same every year.

Good post there mate. I agree, it’s the same every year. Hoping they break the trend this year though
  • Kalhead
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm enjoying it. Its not perfect but I think it needs tweaks rather than rebuilding. Having good passing stats means something now, and while tackling still needs work it is better than 19.

That said things that need tweaking
    - Headers have been overcorrected. Its better than Fifa BackPost 19 but a little too much
    - Keepers need to start catching some crosses. Even when they're not under pressure they're punching everything, and normally not very far.
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional
    For me the game is great aside from a few issues which I am sure will be sorted at some point.
    Rebounds , 50/50 bounce backs and post rebounds.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    @Recoba @Kamilflage see the server issue is a legitimate complaint. I personally haven’t suffered this year but have in the past and it’s infuriating to say the least.

The gameplay however is no longer the issue.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    With guys like @Benja190782 whining its going to be tough.

Safe to say, the lad has become a meme for the rest of this iteration.
  • madwullie
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2019
    Ping pong pace abuse is going to become a serious problem. For now though I'm enjoying it. Once I start losing to opponents who have 30% possession and only score from driven through ball up the wings over and over and over on a more regular basis, that will change.
    Post edited by madwullie on
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    The game needs a few minor tweaks, a patch will come but it will change things that are ok for now and it won’t fix the minor issues, we will then inevitably end up with the same game as last year
  • blue166
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    FIFA 20 is a very good game.

I have been enjoying it so far. Even matches I have lost I have generally caused my own downfall and those games have still been fun.

So far gets a 👍 from me.
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional
    blue166 wrote: »
    FIFA 20 is a very good game.

I have been enjoying it so far. Even matches I have lost I have generally caused my own downfall and those games have still been fun.

So far gets a 👍 from me.

As much as you probably want to believe it's been all your fault the 50/50 bounce backs and rebounds are giving people a lot of losses that they wouldn't normally get.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    This iteration is much more manual so it’ll naturally take longer to master. That inevitably means a string of complaints from people that want everything handed to them. I really hope they hold their nerve on this one and give people time to adapt instead of panicking and reverting to what we had. It’s clear that the only way is forwards as the old way wasn’t working.

I’m not great at the game, just over a 1:1 W/L ratio. My defending is sloppy at times and I’m getting punished but at least I can see why I’ve conceded. It could be that I dragged a defender out of place 4 passes prior which gifted an opportunity. Scoring some really nice, rewarding goals as well.

Leave it as it is for a bit. Nothing worth having comes easily

Wrong. This is Fifa 19 2.0...

Players still don’t play to their stats, referees are still blind and people are still rewarded for playing with 10 men inside the box and just spamming stupid balls forward.

But I agree, there’s no point in patching anything because it’s still an EA product and even if they took 50 years to produce the next Fifa, it would still be bad...
  • RadioShaq
    20503 posts Moderator
    I would guess that manual offense is a bug and will get patched. Would be nice if you have to play it in the competitive modes though.