jlHahx4.gif
Post edited by BlitzersNL on

Comments

• BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    I want to use OTW Haller when he comes out, but not in a PL/French team
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Worst FIFA for target men strikers by far. Completely useless sadly.
  • Ludinator19
    917 posts Professional
    I’m thinking about doing Lewandowski POTM tomorrow.
  • BlitzersNL
    edited September 2019
    Worst FIFA for target men strikers by far. Completely useless sadly.

Not for holding up the ball, Willian Jose has been good at feeding the CAM in a 4231(2). Headers are non-existent though

But maybe we can make headers great again.
  • protzbischof
    I had an easier time protecting the ball with a more agile, better dribbling striker. l1 dribbling is key this year sadly. Im looking for ways to make target men strikers work but I just cant. Open headers wont even hit the target :disappointed:
  • Gnomenclature
    8214 posts League Winner
    Gonna miss the rocket headed goals from my target men this year, but they are still affective for hold up play and winning long balls.
  • BlitzersNL
    Gonna miss the rocket headed goals from my target men this year, but they are still affective for hold up play and winning long balls.

Especially with a player close to the striker, you can head it back easily from a goalkick
  • BlitzersNL
    Used Saint Maxim as a link to Haller and what a dreadful player, wouldn't pay discard for him
  • protzbischof
    Impossible to make crossing work currently. Hope they patch it.
  • Floody
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2019
    Trying out IF Tammy Abraham at the moment but he is pretty useless aside from holding the ball up. I agree that crossing needed to be nerfed but now its complete waste of time
  • Helldragon
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Crossing and Headers are complete Useless. Today i played over 20 Games and only 3-4 Crosses came to my Striker in the middle. And then with 87 Heading Accuracy they dont hit the target. I'm so sad
  • Gnomenclature
    8214 posts League Winner
    Floody wrote: »
    Trying out IF Tammy Abraham at the moment but he is pretty useless aside from holding the ball up. I agree that crossing needed to be nerfed but now its complete waste of time

Just have to practice experiment with power level and placement. Might have to have wingers with 90+ crossing for it to be affective.

Gonna test out the different crossing assist modes in the in-game menu. Manual might be better? We will see.
  • protzbischof
    Whats the point of skill games when it doesnt work in game? Heading is completely fine in the crossing skill games and completely broken in FUT. Laughable really.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up

I’ve got him too, he’s pretty pants. Too clunky and his finishing is shocking. Only thing he’s ok at is shielding and winning headers from goal kicks.

Try heading towards goal and it’s awful
  • Floody
    458 posts Sunday League Hero

Just have to practice experiment with power level and placement. Might have to have wingers with 90+ crossing for it to be affective.

Gonna test out the different crossing assist modes in the in-game menu. Manual might be better? We will see.

Funnily enough im not really struggling with the crossing (I play manual crossing), im getting plenty of heading opportunities. The headers just seem to have either no power or are far off target.
  • TheGabc
    1964 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hoping to see the in memory of Toni bit added. Unfortunately headers seems useless, but liking hold up thus far, Tammy has been solid
  • I think we need to protest and mobilise and force EA to bring back crossing and headers.
  • BlitzersNL
    TheGabc wrote: »
    Hoping to see the in memory of Toni bit added. Unfortunately headers seems useless, but liking hold up thus far, Tammy has been solid
    I don't mind not every header going in, but Weghorst missed some sitters and he's one of the best in the world at heading

Biggest gripe is heading it from a goalkick, they never go where you want them
  • TheGabc
    1964 posts Play-Off Hero
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    TheGabc wrote: »
    I don't mind not every header going in, but Weghorst missed some sitters and he's one of the best in the world at heading

Biggest gripe is heading it from a goalkick, they never go where you want them

Agreed, a tall ST with 90+heading should atleast get some on goal. I have had decent succes with heading from goalkick in 2 st formations, Tammy heading down to Pukki.
  • BecksRightPeg
    2753 posts Fans' Favourite
    Has anyone scored from a corner or even had a shot on target? 28 games played and I haven't seen a single effort on target yet.
  • An absolute disgrace that innocent folk like me lose the power and joy of putting a good ball into the box because of the sweats spamming El Tornado crosses in 19.
  • McNasty
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Has anyone scored from a corner or even had a shot on target? 28 games played and I haven't seen a single effort on target yet.

I'm using 88 Rijkaard and he's got 3 in the last 10 games from corners. IF Mane is also surprisingly good at heading.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2019
    Thank god those cheesy corner goals and far post headers are history.

I'm keeping Cavani just in case, it seems like the good old strong striker & fast striker combo will be still fine judging by the comments of Kane users. And big guys are usually more clinical.
  • Poulsen is really good
  • BlitzersNL
    I want POTM Lewa
  • Helldragon
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My biggest problem is that the striker always stands behind the defender. So every flank goes to the defender and not to my striker. Does anyone have a tip?
  • SkeltonTom
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kane?
  • BlitzersNL
    Lewa is coming
  • TheGabc
    1964 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lewa is coming

Hype
  • Gnomenclature
    8214 posts League Winner
    I want POTM Lewa

I picked up his 89 since it dropped so much... not too impressed tbh. However, the only players that have impressed me so far are potm josef (absolute beast) and akanji. Havertz is better for me now that i moved him to center cam.

Josef has been scoring headers. Have yet to score off a corner kick though (or had one scored on me) in 40ish games.

However, I'm absolutely thrilled the croqueta has died an awful death.