How is this years FIFA?

tilen11
7526 posts League Winner
edited September 2019
Didnt play the demo and didnt watch any gameplay videos so I really have no idea and also I refuse to spend money to be disappointed and stop early like last year.
Ill wait until the first patch comes out regardless since its usually worse after but what are your first impressions?

Comments

• xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2019
    It has it's share of issues (Like any release) but It's been awhile since i've enjoyed a fifa this much. Light years better than 19 IMO. Let's just hope they don't mess it up.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    And its not just about FUT. Fifa is one of those games we regularly play with friends because its football, so I am mainly interested in just how the game is overall.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    I like it a lot. The more no I get use to it the more I like it.
  • DicaniosGod
    5807 posts Big Money Move
    If you totally relyed on AI defending last yr, you’re screwed!
  • xFATAL

Probably why I like it so much. I always manual defend.
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gameplay felt really sluggish and clunky on Tuesday. Was the worst gameplay in the world and then by Wednesday it was like a totally different game so am enjoying it a bit now haha
  • DicaniosGod
    5807 posts Big Money Move
    xFATAL wrote: »

Probably why I like it so much. I always manual defend.

So have I, Im old skool!!

• It's pretty good. It is definitely one of the most fun fifas that I've played, and I've been playing since the 90s. The main issue it has is delayed/buggy player switching. They really need to fix it.
  • Robmu22
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Massive improvement on the previous years.

More manual defending and slower gameplay are very, very welcomed.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Worst FIFA I have played. Crossing is dead. Breaking down a defense with smart passing is dead aswell. People sit back and play ultra defensive while jockeying and playing ball magnet. All people do is trying to counter and zig zag dribble until they get lucky rebounds.

b8bd29a10f2a65fa916c15084292c957.gif
    82 Heading,88 jumping. Open header.

Terrible game
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    More user input to defend is great. Does that mean people cant defend with a single cdm the entire game?

Thanks for your insight ppl :) much appreciated. Will wait for the 1st patch regardless.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Worst FIFA I have played. Crossing is dead. Breaking down a defense with smart passing is dead aswell. People sit back and play ultra defensive while jockeying and playing ball magnet. All people do is trying to counter and zig zag dribble until they get lucky rebounds.

Terrible game

Uf.. Thats harsh. I see timed finishing is still a thing. Awful gimmick.
  • xFATAL
    tilen11 wrote: »

Terrible game

I turned it off and seem to be doing fine without it. Because of the Smaller window for green shots plus lag it doesn't seem worth it this year.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner

Terrible game

I turned it off and seem to be doing fine without it. Because of the Smaller window for green shots plus lag it doesn't seem worth it this year.

I constantly see "lag" in every other post here or on reddit. Is it that bad?
  • xFATAL

Terrible game

I constantly see "lag" in every other post here or on reddit. Is it that bad?

Wasn't last night,Was getting 5 bars consistantly and gameplay was smooth. But weekends will be worse and you'll have lag in every game whether you notice it or not.
  • Bad game.
    No fun online.
  • ICUP
    6888 posts Big Money Move
    Rebound galore. GK constantly parrying shots to opposition
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Defending has definitely improved the skill gap. It’s the difference between winning and losing at the moment and that’s how it should be. Easy to make mistakes if you lose concentration. There are still occasions where a loose ball goes near one of your players and he just stands there looking at it. Hopefully an easy fix.
  • Rulistening
    1990 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    It’s awful honestly. I tried to like it after how bad last year was, and instead I just miss last years game compared to this clunky mess of a game

They’ve managed to make it worse yet again, making it a solid 6 years of this incredible achievement
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    There are still occasions where a loose ball goes near one of your players and he just stands there looking at it. Hopefully an easy fix.

This happens way too much. Your player just stares at it and won’t move while the opposition can run onto it
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    Seen there were quite a lot of patches in this first month :joy: Anything changed?
  • Metatron
    61 posts Park Captain
    Its a ******* joke.. dont waste your money on this steaming pile of xxxx.
  • stevel
    21 posts Ball Boy
    absolute pile of crap
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    The most delayed and unresponsive game I've ever played in 30 years of gaming.

I had games on the C64 more responsive than this 😂😂
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    So its worse after these patches? Ive only played 8 games when the game came out when my friend invited me over and tbh it didnt feel great to me at the time.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner

That bad?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

That bad?

Not even exaggerating it really is that bad. I'm waiting now for the release of MW then I won't be going anywhere near this mess.
  • Menaceuk
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didnt play the demo and didnt watch any gameplay videos so I really have no idea and also I refuse to spend money to be disappointed and stop early like last year.
    Ill wait until the first patch comes out regardless since its usually worse after but what are your first impressions?
    It is terrible. Notging but park the bus and pace abuse. Couple ghat with unplayable lag, unresponsiveness, and button delay.

Then add in unrewarding manual tackling and terrible goal keepers.

Unplayable

• McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Been playing FIFA forever. This one is sooo bad that I created a login here so I could tell EA how disappointed I am. I’d rather be playing a game in my free time. Instead I’m here because for the first time in my life I’d rather not be playing the game. Going to try the other brand next year. Tried it in the past it was always decent but EA had a variety of game modes.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner

That bad?

Not even exaggerating it really is that bad. I'm waiting now for the release of MW then I won't be going anywhere near this mess.

I dont know how is that even possible tbh. Such a shame.