Best FIFA To Date. Period. - EA Change Code At Your Own Risk!!

blue166
1052 posts Professional
edited September 2019
Hi All,

I am going to come straight out and say this is the best FIFA I have played in the series from day dot.

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Headers (attacking and defensively are fun).

Pressure isn't too over the top.

Game speed is spot on.

Player speed is fine. Learn to defend properly positioning wise and you can defend it.

Less AI holding hands is soo much more fun to play.

All in all FIFA 20 so far is the best FIFA experience I have had.

There will always be small things that need fixing etc... but so far I would not do much if I were EA.

As ever with the forums people are quick to moan but not always to give credit when it is due.

So like my title says. If EA knee j3rk react to a small crowd then they will only be ruining the game.

So far the best FIFA yet 👍

Comments

• JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree with you in general but I still can't play it because career mode is broken.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    JazzIsName wrote: »
    I agree with you in general but I still can't play it because career mode is broken.

I’m same I’m just playing a lot of volta and FUT but game not fully out yet.

And I’m sure they will patch it.
    And also there’s lots to do on fifa this year I can see it lasting a good solid year play of casual gaming .

And I’ve read a few
    Places that career mode in like budesliga or Spanish league or french is ok playing in them it’s just prem.

But one thing I don’t get ea have a good year to get fifa out and when they build it they could just do a game test is everything right & updated. Aslong as Ea do sort it asap not too fussed because game officially releases tomorrow world wide so after that I will be getting frustrated if it’s not sorted as I’m a career guy and eager to get started

• ChrisW1991
    1304 posts Professional
    blue166 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am going to come straight out and say this is the best FIFA I have played in the series from day dot.

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

Player speed is fine. Learn to defend properly positioning wise and you can defend it.

There will always be small things that need fixing etc... but so far I would not do much if I were EA.

As ever with the forums people are quick to moan but not always to give credit when it is due.

So like my title says. If EA knee j3rk react to a small crowd then they will only be ruining the game.

100% agree with this! Don't really like the free kicks and penalties so far but more practice of them I'll be fine but the gameplay is perfect! The best gameplay out of any fifa
  • ChrisW1991
    1304 posts Professional
    Pass this on to the devs @EA_Andy
    Hope this gameplay doesn't get patched at all this Fifa
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Pass this on to the devs @EA_Andy
    Hope this gameplay doesn't get patched at all this Fifa

I too hope EA allow people to get used to things. It's the best FIFA to date.
  • blue166 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

• FIFA 20 is out now!! Oh but it doesn’t work properly.. WTF!??! It’s like collecting a car that doesn’t accept fuel here you go consumer here’s your vehicle but you can’t drive it yet!!!???? Come on EA it’s wrong.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    274 posts Sunday League Hero
    apekitten wrote: »
    FIFA 20 is out now!! Oh but it doesn’t work properly.. WTF!??! It’s like collecting a car that doesn’t accept fuel here you go consumer here’s your vehicle but you can’t drive it yet!!!???? Come on EA it’s wrong.

😂😂😂 comment of the month nailed it one

• Dunkirk
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Co-signed. @EA_Andy don’t listen to the whining children who want their hands held for them. This feels like FIFA18 pre patch which was FANTASTIC; there is actually a skill gap.

Like @blue166 said, you’d just be fooling yourselves let alone the customers if you change the gameplay again.
  • Nakusin
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    apekitten wrote: »
    FIFA 20 is out now!! Oh but it doesn’t work properly.. WTF!??! It’s like collecting a car that doesn’t accept fuel here you go consumer here’s your vehicle but you can’t drive it yet!!!???? Come on EA it’s wrong.

I think it’s more like picking up a car & it runs & drives really nice but the speedometer shows knots, the petrol gauge is invisible & changing gears might randomly put you in reverse no matter what gear you intend to change too.

Anyway I hope the game-play stays similar, it’s been so much fun. Dislike some of the rebounds or my GK lending the opposition a hand, literally but a small price for the game-play so far.
  • Addicksfan
    3559 posts National Call-Up
    Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

So you haven't tried Volta or Career Mode then..... :wink:
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    edited September 2019
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

Apologies if you have issues in your specific mode.

I exclusively play H2H Online Seasons mode.

Gameplay wise there it's the best I have experienced.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Co-signed. @EA_Andy don’t listen to the whining children who want their hands held for them. This feels like FIFA18 pre patch which was FANTASTIC; there is actually a skill gap.

Like @blue166 said, you’d just be fooling yourselves let alone the customers if you change the gameplay again.

Thanks man. I too agree with what you have said 👍
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Defending is fun.

Build up play is nice.

Attacking is fun.

Game speed is spot on.

I hear those modes be getting an update soon to correct issues.
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    It's down to a 1.3 rating on metacritic, onnthe PS4, with 90% of users giving it a negative review.

PES was killed years ago by having dreadful offline modes despite the gameplay being enjoyable. EA making the same mistake.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    edited September 2019
    Saints92 wrote: »
    It's down to a 1.3 rating on metacritic, onnthe PS4, with 90% of users giving it a negative review.

PES was killed years ago by having dreadful offline modes despite the gameplay being enjoyable. EA making the same mistake.

It appears that Career mode is peoples biggest gripe. That I can understand.

The actual on pitch gameplay is the best to date.

And for all those review ratings. There are a lot more people just getting on with the game and enjoying it. People need to understand that.

@EA_Andy
  • DanielA-NUFC
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree I like the gameplay the physics of it the speed the pressure the realism just sort the premier league AI squad choices out and finish the squad updates and leave the rest alone 😀
  • Some people here are satisfied with so little.
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Xeneize wrote: »
    Some people here are satisfied with so little.

It's the nature of living off scraps for so long. I too have noticed this willingness to settle for well below the deserved.
  • Rossi1000
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Biggest issue I’ve seen online is the cutback goal it’s relentless

Even from kick off play it straight out wide run down the wing cutback goal

Needs addressing ASAP
  • One mode is unplayable. For me the worst FIFA experience ever. Play the cm and jugde afterwards
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    One mode is unplayable. For me the worst FIFA experience ever. Play the cm and jugde afterwards

I strictly only play H2H Online Seasons and Cup Mode.

I have no interest what so ever with Career Mode. Just would personally rather play Football Manager then FIFA for any management stuff.

Yes Career mode isn't great and that's a shame for you lot that play it. However it doesn't make the game unplayable for online only players.
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2019
    One mode is unplayable. For me the worst FIFA experience ever. Play the cm and jugde afterwards

I have no interest what so ever with Career Mode. Just would personally rather play Football Manager then FIFA for any management stuff.

Yes Career mode isn't great and that's a shame for you lot that play it. However it doesn't make the game unplayable for online only players.

Without wanting to be rude, if you have no interest, why are you over every thread arguing with people about how they're wrong to criticise the game.

A huge chunk of people have paid £50+ to play career mode, which isnt something FM can give you the same experience of, and still cant play it. If you'd paid £50 for H2H, and two weeks later still hadnt been able to play it, how would you be reacting?
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    edited September 2019

Without wanting to be rude, if you have no interest, why are you over every thread arguing with people about how they're wrong to criticise the game.

A huge chunk of people have paid £50+ to play career mode, which isnt something FM can give you the same experience of, and still cant play it. If you'd paid £50 for H2H, and two weeks later still hadnt been able to play it, how would you be reacting?

You're not being rude it's cool.

I understand that Career mode is broken and that's a great shame for those who wish to play it. So I totally understand.

But some people saying the game is rubbish and not expressing why I don't like. Some people don't elaborate enough or make structural feedback.

The gameplay is the best experience yet. However, I agree Career mode is broken and shouldn't be in the mess it is.

But I stand by my words like many others that the actual gameplay is the best yet in a FIFA title.
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain

I understand that Career mode is broken and that's a great shame for those who wish to play it. So I totally understand.

But some people saying the game is rubbish and not expressing why I don't like. Some people don't elaborate enough or make structural feedback.

The gameplay is the best experience yet. However, I agree Career mode is broken and shouldn't be in the mess it is.

But I stand by my words like many others that the actual gameplay is the best yet in a FIFA title.

Yes, but a lot of people you're quoting aren't commenting on the gameplay, in fact they're agreeing about it being good which makes the fact they aren't able to play their mode all that much worse.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional

Yes, but a lot of people you're quoting aren't commenting on the gameplay, in fact they're agreeing about it being good which makes the fact they aren't able to play their mode all that much worse.

I understand. Just wanted to clear up some people make no true feedback and just say rubbish and then leave.

I hope they fix career mode ASAP and then you guys can enjoy the gameplay. 👍
  • Master110
    1080 posts Professional
    Defending is terrible lmao. You have manual defending with assisted controls makes mo sense.

Pong pong passing still happens
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional
    Master110 wrote: »
    Defending is terrible lmao. You have manual defending with assisted controls makes mo sense.

Pong pong passing still happens

The game isn't great on full manuals controls. Been there and played it. And about 99% use some form of assists.

The defending is more manual regardless. Ping pong isn't as bad as 19 or 18 and especially 17.
  • blue166 wrote: »

Ok, If you are only a online player, the gameplay is good I agree.
  • blue166
    1052 posts Professional

Ok, If you are only a online player, the gameplay is good I agree.

👍