Bring Back Headers

Rsscllghn
211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Now I known this will get shouted down but I'm going to say it anyway. The nerf on headers and crossing has gone to far.

I've now played over 50 games and there has been one headed goal from open play (by my opponent, I havent scored one).Headers are part of football and a good cross to a target man should be rewarded.

At the moment pretty much all goals I score are from one two or through balls. All goals I concede are one two, throghballs or those little sweaty cutbacks.

Majority of people are playing drop Back, 1 depth, 1 width as if you pack your box it's so difficult for the opposition to score.

There needs to be variety and there needs to be ways to negate other tactics otherwise the game will get very stale very quick.

Comments

• FijianTribe
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just 1 headed goal in 50 matches? Wow i have played 18 till now and have scored maybe 1 headed goal in each match or conceded
  • Illini McG
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just 1 headed goal in 50 matches? Wow i have played 18 till now and have scored maybe 1 headed goal in each match or conceded

I call b.s. on that.
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    This community hates headers and vollies for some reason, they are considered cheesy goals. Through balls to pacy strikers are highly skilled though

• Rsscllghn
    If you actually read the original post I said that the game is already becoming stale with the same goals being scored over and over again.

Fifa 20 in its current iteration is not a true representation of football. People like you who think that the game breaks if EA make headers more realistic are probably the ones with the most to lose if they do adjust it ie 1 depth 1 width fall back PTB counter sheep.
  • Rsscllghn
    Its not that I can't score, just want variety, like actual football
  • This community hates headers and vollies for some reason, they are considered cheesy goals. Through balls to pacy strikers are highly skilled though

Nothing wrong with headers or volleys, but when they are a far more consistent way of scoring compared to anything else, then there is a problem.

Crossing backpost was an almost guaranteed goal on 19, especially if you flicked it up, broken lock ons, overpowered headers, it was a cheap and easy way to score. Same with volleys, flicking it up and smashing it from 20 yards out was more consistent than going 1v1.

Headers can be scored, it just takes a bit more skill and a better cross, people want to run down the wing, hit X, hit B, celebrate.

Through balls to pacey STs are no better, but at least you dont have to deal with your cursor switching 17 times on manual and nobody locking on when they do it, you can read it and have a better chance of dealing with it, while before on a cross/header, you could do nothing if the cursor changed or you didn't lock on.

Threads like these show who played that type of football and who are struggling to adapt, this is what always happens. People can't adapt, complain, EA bend and the game breaks.

nothing wrong with bombing down the wing and putting good quality balls into the box for a big lad to get on to. I would prefer to face this style than ping pong with agile pacey strikers.
  • Mutu10gol
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    sit down...
  • Rsscllghn
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    sit down...

I take it you don't like my suggestion?
  • selb
    7208 posts Big Money Move
    I managed to score several headers with CR7, 1 with Sterling and 1 with Pele in draft, they're difficult to get right but it can be done. At least it's not a flick up/tornado fest this year again.
  • Gnomenclature
    5700 posts Big Money Move
    I'm thinking the heading accuracy stats is more meaningful now? We won't know how broken it is till we use a 99 accuracy player. Crossing could be the same thing... most wingers have crossing in the 70s or so region.

That being said, my weghorst was banging in headers. Persic has scored some meaty far post headers too. It's just not as accurate as before.
  • Rsscllghn
    Maybe it's just me (and my opponents) just can't seem to get any power in a cross. The times I've tried they just float over and are easily cleared or go straight to the keeper
  • spy
    1033 posts Professional
    I’ve scored a few but they have been short crosses from inside the box and headed into an almost open goal with no power. Proper headed goals from crosses seem to be impossible as I can’t get any powering a header at all :( I think they need to be brought back as they provide more variety and reflect real football
  • Rsscllghn
    I'm thinking the heading accuracy stats is more meaningful now? We won't know how broken it is till we use a 99 accuracy player. Crossing could be the same thing... most wingers have crossing in the 70s or so region.

That being said, my weghorst was banging in headers. Persic has scored some meaty far post headers too. It's just not as accurate as before.

First game I had Giroud (since upgraded) wide open 6 yards out , pathetic little weak header wide. Again maybe it's me.
  • Rsscllghn
    spy wrote: »
    I’ve scored a few but they have been short crosses from inside the box and headed into an almost open goal with no power. Proper headed goals from crosses seem to be impossible as I can’t get any powering a header at all :( I think they need to be brought back as they provide more variety and reflect real football

My point exactly
  • Dmb75
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The heading in general is a major issue. Even defensively.
  • Rsscllghn
    I think its generally better than Last year. Not every clearing header should go 50 yards, I just feel it should be a viable attacking option to combat the PTB crowd
  • DSD27
    5716 posts Big Money Move
    I've been playing with Weghorst and I found crossing and headers better this year.
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    There’s worse issues to tackle first
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    CfcBlue wrote: »

Notice how I used “tackle”
  • greif44
    3550 posts National Call-Up
    So many complaints about heading in game, but I almost haven`t seen attackers with good heading/jumping in squads of my opponents. Also feels like mechanics of crossing has changed.
  • RageRambler
    924 posts Professional
    I scored 2 headers in 1 game earlier today out of 4 total attempts all year. It requires good organized footing, actual space from your player making his run in the box, hold the L2 button, timely tap circle with a little direction nudge. IF Frenkie and Griezmann scored the headers..

Play 42222. You'll have more space on the top left and right angles while your players start their runs to the box.
  • MDR123456
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, it needs to be a viable option. I’m not talking Sterling weak foot far post or tornado glitch. I’m talking Verdi to Manduk open or on the run. I’m well versed in crossing for fifa. I’m 20 plus matches with said players with zero heading goals. Left button in box, right button on the run. From the wing, from the box...zero, zero, zero
  • MDR123456

Notice how I used “tackle”

Like rebound and deflection goals? I’ll buy that...

• MDR123456
    selb wrote: »
    I managed to score several headers with CR7, 1 with Sterling and 1 with Pele in draft, they're difficult to get right but it can be done. At least it's not a flick up/tornado fest this year again.

Try reading you’re own post

• y_j_es_i
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    spy wrote: »

I think they nerfed the powering a bit too much but last year scoring headers was unrealistically easy. I think that if they kept the crossing nerf as it is and buffed header powering a bit we’d be in a good place
  • ozcs_69
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    F#@K the HEADERS ... skill-less piece of gaming....
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not scored a single header yet.
    Corners, going short is by far the best way to go
  • Kingyyy01
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Headers are more realistic now imo. No longer do 4ft players beat your 6tt 5 cb in the air to score. Only players with decent heading can & that’s great.