So how do you defend?

Comments

• BondJame5Collins
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jockeying in the box is the worst, just when i think i'm in control, all my opponent does is pass across the face of goal for a tap in.
  • Rsscllghn
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep I'm the same. Loved access but now with 41212 counter PTB if your player takes an age to turn or shoot your blocked.
  • silencer747
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe you guys are just bad at defending.
  • selb
    7330 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019

I'm inclined to agree with this, if you manually control your players, track runs, jockey, dont lunge in and dont expect help from the AI you should be good. The only issue I've had is with right stick player switching, or rather lack of.

If you guys who are complaining want help then I'd be inclined to ask you to upload a video on the forum so we can give advice and help.
  • OZero
    7000 posts Big Money Move
    Do not dig in until your midfield is back to your final third
  • OZero
    7000 posts Big Money Move
    And btw i still think manual defending is close to OP.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite

Of course we are, why else do you think we are here looking for help?

• Lackosweat
    7631 posts League Winner
    Check out the defending tutorial from BorasLegend. Very helpful and informative !
  • Cbn
    1324 posts Professional
    Well I think it might be a challenge to hit Elite and 2600 points this year whit scoop crosses+downward headers and dropback AI defending.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is the best way to practice defending, is there a practice for it somewhere
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    lippyone wrote: »
    What is the best way to practice defending, is there a practice for it somewhere

Skill games. Bang that out and you should be fine
  • number7rocky
    5946 posts Big Money Move
    OK so after a horrid start in draft, I've won 2 in a row, 2 wins from 6 drafts. Draft today I won 4-1, 2-1 7-1 and 4-3 in et. Getting used to the game abit more although defending is still hard, L2 R2 definitely helps though I still struggle getting clean tackles in with people running at my defenders when they have the option of 1-2's and also when the opponent is on the edge of my box.

Tackles going back to the opponent is still a massive problem especially with this defending and cost me a couple goals today.