Fifa 20 gameplay: just to be sure

Kiido
549 posts An Exciting Prospect
It feels very different from Fifa 19. Slow, big turns and not very responsive. Kinda feels like they are playing under water. Which could be the way that Fifa 20 is ofcours, but it could also be my connection.

It reminds me of previous Fifa's if you would play against an American as a European on peer to peer connection.

Is this how it feels to all of you aswell? Otherwise I'll have to dive in my internet settings

Comments

• Kiido
    Not at all. Very responsive, quick and authentic. Feels amazing to me.

Best FIFA title in many many years.

If that's the case then I will have a try wired. My wireless connection was fine on Fifa 19 and I get good a good speed (250 mbps download). But Fifa 20 doesnt feel responsive to me at all
  • phil_88
    676 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kiido wrote: »

If that's the case then I will have a try wired. My wireless connection was fine on Fifa 19 and I get good a good speed (250 mbps download). But Fifa 20 doesnt feel responsive to me at all

Feels kinda the same to me pal, slow gameplay (which I don’t mind at all) what I do mind is the button responsiveness, can’t string a few passes together as the pass button usually lags slowing me down
    Again I don’t know if this is my internet as I’ve recently changed provider
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional
    phil_88 wrote: »

Feels kinda the same to me pal, slow gameplay (which I don’t mind at all) what I do mind is the button responsiveness, can’t string a few passes together as the pass button usually lags slowing me down

Think that's an issue on your end bud not yet experienced what you're talking about
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    U need quick and agile players. Slow players will be slow.
  • IamZlatan10
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best I’ve seen for years like a totally different game, have to learn how to defend for once and unless you learn you can beat by the simplest of players no matter your back line
  • Kiido

My team is definitely not the issue. I have my Xbox wired now and see if it makes a difference. Hope not as wired is not an option
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional

not true tbf, whilst it can help you don't need them. I use player like javi Martinez, the guy has like 48 pace and he probably my best player. It's all about adapting to the players you have.
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Avit32 wrote: »

not true tbf, whilst it can help you don't need them. I use player like javi Martinez, the guy has like 48 pace and he probably my best player. It's all about adapting to the players you have.

Ahm, thats not going to work in div 1 and to get elite in wl i assume, but ok gl.
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional

Ahm, thats not going to work in div 1 and to get elite in wl i assume, but ok gl.

I'm a div 3 / 4 player and don't take the game so seriously to push further. As for WL gold 1 is perfectly fine for me. No one knows how it's going to play but we shall see.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up

I'm a div 3 / 4 player and don't take the game so seriously to push further. As for WL gold 1 is perfectly fine for me. No one knows how it's going to play but we shall see.

He won't be enough for G1 either. This game revolves around quick counter-attacks, zig-zag dribbling, pace boosts (through skill moves).
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional

He won't be enough for G1 either. This game revolves around quick counter-attacks, zig-zag dribbling, pace boosts (through skill moves).

not suffered from any of that whilst playing rivals and I defend quite well. I'll BM this page and surprise a few of you. I hate the meta attitude about certain players, regardless of the users skill.
  • phil_88
    phil_88 wrote: »

Think that's an issue on your end bud not yet experienced what you're talking about

Got some homeplugs so I’m gonna try a Ethernet connection using them hopefully can see a difference.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    @phil_88

I think your issue with passing is misunderstood. You are used to FIFA 19 where every tap on the pass button is super fast in accurate.

In FIFA 20 you need to power up your passes more. And be less frantic when aiming. It’s much more rewarding now, but those fast tap ping pong passers are gonna have a learning curve now.

Also players as Eriksen and Modric feels way different, and that difference was needed in FIFA. We can’t have every player pass like Kroos.

It’s way better in 20 in my honest opinion.
  • Kiido
    Tried wired and it's the same. Probably just me then or the game. It's just that everything seems delayed. Like, I want to do a skillmove then it takes a second before he does it. Don't know if that's one of the changes they made to make it slower. I don't mind the speed but it would be nice if my players feel very responsive to what I do
  • Avit32
    1247 posts Professional
    Tried wired and it's the same. Probably just me then or the game. It's just that everything seems delayed. Like, I want to do a skillmove then it takes a second before he does it. Don't know if that's one of the changes they made to make it slower. I don't mind the speed but it would be nice if my players feel very responsive to what I do

Not sure what else to try bud. You playing on a wireless controller? Is it possible there may be something interfering with the signal
  • Kiido

Not sure what else to try bud. You playing on a wireless controller? Is it possible there may be something interfering with the signal

I have two wireless controllers. I will try to play a game on Fifa 19 if it's the same there then I know for sure there is something wrong
  • DannySTFC
    10096 posts Has That Special Something
    Funny how people think it’s the best and most ‘authentic’ Fifa for years. If you consider authentic being every single goal being exactly the same, opponent runs down the wing cuts inside and passes for a tap in, which everyone and I mean everyone is doing, then I don’t know what authentic means! :)
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up

When i got fifa 19, for the first 2 weeks i had constant delayed, sluggish gameplay. I couldn't believe how average i was despite being decent at the previous ones. It was only when i started getting better gameplay (mainly late evenings) that i realised the issue (EA). I had regular sluggish gameplay mid day and afternoon in rivals all year. WL was mixed. Needless to say, ive not bought 20.
  • Kiido
    I never really had this issue to be honest. I did have the Xbox One X prior to this one (made the switch to ps4 pro, didnt like it and figured xbox one S would be fine aswell). Fifa 19 feels different aswell to what I remember. So it could be this console/controllers. It's definitely not the internet as that has never been an issue on fifa 19 and 250mbps should be enough.

• Springveldt
    6955 posts Big Money Move
    I never really had this issue to be honest. I did have the Xbox One X prior to this one (made the switch to ps4 pro, didnt like it and figured xbox one S would be fine aswell). Fifa 19 feels different aswell to what I remember. So it could be this console/controllers. It's definitely not the internet as that has never been an issue on fifa 19 and 250mbps should be enough.
    You are just finally experiencing the delayed gameplay that people have been shouting about since FIFA 17 in some cases.

It's not your internet, controllers, console etc. It's an EA issue.

• Guga_C4
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @phil_88

I think your issue with passing is misunderstood. You are used to FIFA 19 where every tap on the pass button is super fast in accurate.

In FIFA 20 you need to power up your passes more. And be less frantic when aiming. It’s much more rewarding now, but those fast tap ping pong passers are gonna have a learning curve now.

Also players as Eriksen and Modric feels way different, and that difference was needed in FIFA. We can’t have every player pass like Kroos.

you should not keep your hopes up every year is the same thing. they make this perfect game where you can feel the weight the players you have to think before pass and everything else. you know that they going to listen to those kids like every year, this kids don't wants to think before take any action, they wanna pressure at all cost to get the ball back, make 300 passes per second, without seen if the player have the ball under control. so unfortunately, a think within few patches we will get a simulation of pinball wants again......
  • blue166
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    The game is the best it's ever been in terms of gameplay speed so far.

Passing,tackling and attacking much much improved.

👍
  • phil_88
    @phil_88

Oh I understand that passes can be inaccurate and go astray, I generally mean my player will receive the bal I will tap the pass button but it won’t register so have to either press it again or just end up walking with the ball (if that makes sense)
  • Kiido
    I am still having these issues. Even upgraded my Xbox to an Xbox One X, but same things applies. It's probably the server I am connected to as I have no idea what it could be otherwise. I really hope this gets fixed soon because I don't really enjoy the game alot this way.

Like, I like the slower build up play. But if your players turn like a bus it's really hard to go through a defence
  • Can we somehow change the server we are connected to? I have the exact same issue @Kiddo proper frustrating!
  • McNasty
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

This has aged poorly
  • Kiido
    Can we somehow change the server we are connected to? I have the exact same issue @Kiddo proper frustrating!

Don't think so. I am praying that it'll be fixed with the first patch. I never has this issue and I have been playing this game since Fifa 2005. I can't imagine this is how Fifa 20 is supposed to be
  • @Kiddo its definitely not our connection I dont lag on any other game not even PUBG which the servers are in China!
  • Kiido
    @Kiddo its definitely not our connection I dont lag on any other game not even PUBG which the servers are in China!

Yeah, I tested my connection wired and I had 250+ mbps wired and I still had the same issue. There is no lag, the players don't seem to respond to my commands. There is some sort of delay before they do something which irritates the f out of me. It's impossible to play snappy football.

Never happened on any other Fifa but I am afraid it stays this way