Edit players - switch position

Kenneth8500
316 posts Sunday League Hero
Hello.

Anyone got the full game today? If so. Can you confirm the “edit bug”. Some people said, if you etc in the carrere mode edit boots on a cm he will change position to cam.

Can someone tell me, have the fixed it now for the full game? Or did we have this frustrating bug?

Comments

• James89
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hello.

Anyone got the full game today? If so. Can you confirm the “edit bug”. Some people said, if you etc in the carrere mode edit boots on a cm he will change position to cam.

Can someone tell me, have the fixed it now for the full game? Or did we have this frustrating bug?

The bug is still there it will need a patch to which could take longer than we would like
  • HamadaLFC
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I've requested a refund from Xbox... I mainly only play career mode and there's no point in me paying for a game like this.
  • James89
    HamadaLFC wrote: »
    I've requested a refund from Xbox... I mainly only play career mode and there's no point in me paying for a game like this.

Agree the fact that squads have not been updated just shows you how little attention they show towards Career Mode
  • Mativo
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It’s so annoying. I just edited a youth player because they still get generic boots. Only changed the boots and the following happened:

His position went from LW to LF
    His overall went from 61 to 59

This is game breaking.
  • Kenneth8500
    Hallo @EA_Andy please anwser. Are the dev team looking into this problem?
  • Kenneth8500
    Hello.

In career mode there is a massive bug. If you etc edit the boots on Paul Pogba he will change position from a cm to a cam. And some players also drops overall rating because of the positon change.
  • Kasa
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is really terrible, so in main menu if I change boots the players position changes? Absurd, also I read it always goes back to the Austrian league after you edit a player, this can take sooo much time
  • Kenneth8500
    Hello.

If you etc. only edit the boots on Daniel James, he will miss her alternative positions. He is normally vm/vw/hm. He is now only vm. And some players there are change position is also decreases in overall stats!!!

And every time you edit a player from youre team, and you want to edit another the edit menu every time goes back to austria! Frustrating alle these bugs
  • Kenneth8500
    Seriously @EA_Andy and @EA_Lanna are the dev team looking into these bugs?
  • JimmyD252
    There's also no International, free agents or rest of the world sections in edit player any more
  • Kenneth8500
    Thats correct. Nation only in the careere squad hub.
    JimmyD252 wrote: »
    There's also no International, free agents or rest of the world sections in edit player any more

• This will take huge patching to fix and likely won't be done in FIFA 20.

If you go into edit player via the customise tab of the main menu, you can choose to edit an existing player. From there you can select the 'Athletic' tab and scroll across to gameplay where you can adjust position. The problem is that certain positions (cm, rw, lw) aren't even an option. This means when you edit players in these positions, the system defaults to the closest option.

Updating a whole menu for a non-FUT mode option won't be worth their while
  • TeamExtreme17
    4965 posts Big Money Move
    AshleighD wrote: »
    This will take huge patching to fix and likely won't be done in FIFA 20.

If you go into edit player via the customise tab of the main menu, you can choose to edit an existing player. From there you can select the 'Athletic' tab and scroll across to gameplay where you can adjust position. The problem is that certain positions (cm, rw, lw) aren't even an option. This means when you edit players in these positions, the system defaults to the closest option.

Updating a whole menu for a non-FUT mode option won't be worth their while

Something we've been reporting to them for the past 5 years.....
  • EA keep letting us down, I can't believe how many bugs there are when editing players, which were working fine in FIFA 19, the one that annoys me the most is that you can't edit Rest of the World players, what a joke!!
  • Kasa
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This sounds like a mess
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kasa wrote: »
    This sounds like a mess

• Any dev checking on this ?? It’s getting really annoying, I really enjoy changing boots from players, maybe to refresh the visuals I don’t know. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one, reading comment above makes it clear to me. Hope we get an answer soon.