Switch version

Stoz
267 posts Sunday League Hero
Are there any players who are buying the switch version of fifa 20?
What were player numbers like for 19 on switch? I know theres less content on it but only play fut so not that bothered. Is there any reviews out yet?

Comments

• Stoz
    I’m also hoping the switch version isn’t as toxic and full of sweaty win at all cost cheaters like the Xbox version with disconnect cheats etc?
  • Stoz wrote: »
    Are there any players who are buying the switch version of fifa 20?
    What were player numbers like for 19 on switch? I know theres less content on it but only play fut so not that bothered. Is there any reviews out yet?

Hi mate, im buying it. Its my first fifa on switch after selling my xb1. Like you im not fussed about thr stripped back version, and im looking forward to not have to think about weekend league / rivals. Looking forward to going back to plain old online fut seasons. Ok coins will be harder to get but the grind is the fun part.

From what gather, the gameplay on 19 was good and its going to be the same in 20 as i dont think theres any major updates. Im not going to play handheld, got a pro controller on order so will play docked. Again, from what ive seen the graphics etc look good when docked on 19, so should be good again. Obvs its not going to be xb1 quality but i can live with that.

My only worry is the fut transfer market and how thats going to work. Thats what im worrying about the most if im honest.

Im hoping as theres no weekend league etc there will be less toxic / sweaty players, as people wont be obsessed with rewards as much!
  • Stoz
    Fut market is my concern needs to be a decent player base to get reasonable priced players or else it’s gonna be rock solid to get anywhere near a decent team. Also with no fut app to trade on means imo it’s going to be more of a grind than ever so that’s where I’m a bit worried.
    Fut market is my concern needs to be a decent player base to get reasonable priced players or else it’s gonna be rock solid to get anywhere near a decent team. Also with no fut app to trade on means imo it’s going to be more of a grind than ever so that’s where I’m a bit worried.

Yeah i agree. I am just going to go with it and see what i can build. I think the vast majority of players should be accessible but its the icons where we could run into bother. I would imagine they are going be super rare!
  • Gingerboaby83
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The switch market is very limited compared to Xbox, last year the most I seen was over 50000 items on the market. I buy the game on both and I much prefer the gameplay on switch over Xbox. Switch plays like fifa 16-17 when the gameplay was more fun and it’s not as toxic. Saying that the lack of content and news coming from ea about what promos and special players will be in the game are worrying. I’m still getting it though and will get Xbox as I play clubs with mates at the weekends. Hopefully @EA_Andy will be able to share some info on what we can expect soon regarding sbc content, promos and special players.
  • The switch market is very limited compared to Xbox, last year the most I seen was over 50000 items on the market. I buy the game on both and I much prefer the gameplay on switch over Xbox. Switch plays like fifa 16-17 when the gameplay was more fun and it’s not as toxic. Saying that the lack of content and news coming from ea about what promos and special players will be in the game are worrying. I’m still getting it though and will get Xbox as I play clubs with mates at the weekends. Hopefully @EA_Andy will be able to share some info on what we can expect soon regarding sbc content, promos and special players.

From your experience of the fut market mate on switch, can you give examples of the kind of prices? Like for consumables and any higher rated players you might have had? Just to give a rough baseline as to what i / we can expect. Is it fair to say that whatever a players price was on xbox you can double on switch?
  • Gingerboaby83
    The switch market is very limited compared to Xbox, last year the most I seen was over 50000 items on the market. I buy the game on both and I much prefer the gameplay on switch over Xbox. Switch plays like fifa 16-17 when the gameplay was more fun and it’s not as toxic. Saying that the lack of content and news coming from ea about what promos and special players will be in the game are worrying. I’m still getting it though and will get Xbox as I play clubs with mates at the weekends. Hopefully @EA_Andy will be able to share some info on what we can expect soon regarding sbc content, promos and special players.

From your experience of the fut market mate on switch, can you give examples of the kind of prices? Like for consumables and any higher rated players you might have had? Just to give a rough baseline as to what i / we can expect. Is it fair to say that whatever a players price was on xbox you can double on switch?

Yeah you will pay more for some items but you can also snipe things quite well. Rare gold contracts will generally sell easily for 800 + coins. Things like hunter cards, shadow will get 5k in minutes usually as well. Players can be expensive especially when they are needed for marquee matchups, 10k is common for that. But the other way you can snipe players for cheap on bid. I got handanovich for 2800 coins last year lol. Most icons will sell for 400-500k for baby version.

• The switch market is very limited compared to Xbox, last year the most I seen was over 50000 items on the market. I buy the game on both and I much prefer the gameplay on switch over Xbox. Switch plays like fifa 16-17 when the gameplay was more fun and it’s not as toxic. Saying that the lack of content and news coming from ea about what promos and special players will be in the game are worrying. I’m still getting it though and will get Xbox as I play clubs with mates at the weekends. Hopefully @EA_Andy will be able to share some info on what we can expect soon regarding sbc content, promos and special players.

Yeah you will pay more for some items but you can also snipe things quite well. Rare gold contracts will generally sell easily for 800 + coins. Things like hunter cards, shadow will get 5k in minutes usually as well. Players can be expensive especially when they are needed for marquee matchups, 10k is common for that. But the other way you can snipe players for cheap on bid. I got handanovich for 2800 coins last year lol. Most icons will sell for 400-500k for baby version.

Cheers fella, thats not bad tbh. Even on xb market players were often overpriced / fixed due to sbcs. Happy to read bargains can be had! I dunno why i think this but keep thinking there will be loads of kids playing who wont understand market prices haha.

As for the icon prices, thats much better than i expected. Not a huge difference compared to consoles, some baby icons were mega expensive, admittedly due to icon sbcs mind.
  • Gingerboaby83
    Switch didn’t get icon sbcs last year mate so I highly doubt we will have them this year. There was no league sbcs either so don’t expect them this year. Missed about 50% of the promos as well.
  • Switch didn’t get icon sbcs last year mate so I highly doubt we will have them this year. There was no league sbcs either so don’t expect them this year. Missed about 50% of the promos as well.

Thing is 50% of the promos last year were pointless anyway! I like haloween and futmas though, were they present?
  • Stoz
    Agree I liked the scream cards at Halloween they were good and carniball hope switch at least has a couple of promos but tbh more promos just dilutes value of normal gold cards so it could be better not having as many. Pre ordered switch version today as Xbox just too toxic and can’t be bothered with weekend league 30 match slog for cheaters galore
    Agree I liked the scream cards at Halloween they were good and carniball hope switch at least has a couple of promos but tbh more promos just dilutes value of normal gold cards so it could be better not having as many. Pre ordered switch version today as Xbox just too toxic and can’t be bothered with weekend league 30 match slog for cheaters galore

I pre ordered mine too, im based in uk, yourself? Im going to trade in pikachu lets go so i only need to pay 50%. Ordered a pro controller too as im gonna play docked. Im off work for next 11 days and my missus is taking my little boy out for the day on friday so i can have a few hours to play. Im actually a little bit excited if im honest. For me im going back to a time when fut was much simpler, none of this weekend nonsense, and i agree, should remove a level of toxic play styles.....maybe :)
  • Gingerboaby83
    We got scream cards but didn’t get futmas. We got some sbcs during futmas but none of the players. We didn’t get carniball or festival of football. The biggest loss was league sbcs but we managed after lots of complaining, the mods here were sick of us haha. Not like it was their fault. Hopefully we get icons and some special players
  • We got scream cards but didn’t get futmas. We got some sbcs during futmas but none of the players. We didn’t get carniball or festival of football. The biggest loss was league sbcs but we managed after lots of complaining, the mods here were sick of us haha. Not like it was their fault. Hopefully we get icons and some special players

Were icons in last year? I know the icon sbc werent but you could pack / buy icons if available?

Its rubbish theres no communication for us, yet we are still paying full price for a game and we get so little in return from EA
  • Stoz
    Uk based going abroad with work for couple of weeks over weekend so should keep me entertained whilst bored in hotel rooms.
  • Gingerboaby83
    We got scream cards but didn’t get futmas. We got some sbcs during futmas but none of the players. We didn’t get carniball or festival of football. The biggest loss was league sbcs but we managed after lots of complaining, the mods here were sick of us haha. Not like it was their fault. Hopefully we get icons and some special players

Were icons in last year? I know the icon sbc werent but you could pack / buy icons if available?

Its rubbish theres no communication for us, yet we are still paying full price for a game and we get so little in return from EA

Yeah mate we had icons last year. We got the base icon upgrade sbc as well. We also had the mid one for like an hour then it got taken down and I don’t think we found out why.

To be fair to the mods on here, especially Andy, they won’t really know much about our version. Anytime we needed help last year Andy was a great help, especially during tots when we had a glitch with player prices. If they knew what to expect they would of told us. The part on ea website about it is not clear, some special players will be available, what special players lol
  • Stoz
    Will switch get all icon versions?
    Will switch get all icon versions?

Sounds like we will. Theycould be expensive like! Really want prime del piero, he was magic for me previously. That 5* wf is a dream
  • Stoz
    I managed baby r9 along with several other icons last year on Xbox so as long as we get the chance to get more or less all the same cards as Xbox this year I’m not bothered. Will be good to just be able to do division matches like fifa 18 which I still play on Xbox that suits me fine
    I managed baby r9 along with several other icons last year on Xbox so as long as we get the chance to get more or less all the same cards as Xbox this year I’m not bothered. Will be good to just be able to do division matches like fifa 18 which I still play on Xbox that suits me fine

Be interesting to see the prices of the icons im interested in. I usually get 88 shevchenko as that card as done me very well over the past couple of fifas. But will come down to availability and cost.

Think my first expensive buy will be dybala, but its the wingers that put me off serie a this year. Cant help but feel they are lacking
  • Stoz
    Dunno who to get tbh I usually try to do a hybrid team make it more interesting
    Dunno who to get tbh I usually try to do a hybrid team make it more interesting

I remember the days when people used silver cards. Team selection was so varied in years gone by
  • Gingerboaby83
    If icons are in the game they will be expensive but not over the top. I’m going with last years prices but I think the main prime ones were about par with Xbox. Maybe a bit more.
  • I ordered the game today, should be here Friday on release day. Does anyone know if any new stadiums will be in the Switch version?
  • If icons are in the game they will be expensive but not over the top. I’m going with last years prices but I think the main prime ones were about par with Xbox. Maybe a bit more.

That is much better than i expected re prices mate. I would happily settle for that, at least it means they are obtainable (if on market that is!)

Primes arent out from launch though so only base and mids i believe from launch
  • Gingerboaby83
    If icons are in the game they will be expensive but not over the top. I’m going with last years prices but I think the main prime ones were about par with Xbox. Maybe a bit more.

That is much better than i expected re prices mate. I would happily settle for that, at least it means they are obtainable (if on market that is!)

I never really bothered with icons in 19 as I always spent my coins on players for the gold upgrade sbcs lol. To be honest base and mid icons are probably enough for switch, we had prime last year but never got prime moments. I wasn’t to bothered about missing them.
  • If icons are in the game they will be expensive but not over the top. I’m going with last years prices but I think the main prime ones were about par with Xbox. Maybe a bit more.

I never really bothered with icons in 19 as I always spent my coins on players for the gold upgrade sbcs lol. To be honest base and mid icons are probably enough for switch, we had prime last year but never got prime moments. I wasn’t to bothered about missing them.

If you dont mind me asking mate, what was/is your views on the standard of player? Did you attempt much of seasons?
  • Gingerboaby83

If you dont mind me asking mate, what was/is your views on the standard of player? Did you attempt much of seasons?

Pretty decent to be honest. If you wait a month and you were a good player on console you will probably get to division 3 without any much trouble. Then it gets harder. I was ok on Xbox, like division 4 or 5, on switch I’m division 1 but very rarely win it.

Pretty decent to be honest. If you wait a month and you were a good player on console you will probably get to division 3 without any much trouble. Then it gets harder. I was ok on Xbox, like division 4 or 5, on switch I’m division 1 but very rarely win it.

Ah nice one. And i assume there are still 10 online divisions?

Im collecting my game tonight - got the afternoon aside tomorrow to play.
  • Gingerboaby83
    Yeah 10 divisions like the old FIFA’s