Fifa 20 not as good as told

FCBlunt
3123 posts National Call-Up
I’ve been playing the trial and I must be honest.

I’m not impressed with defending and how I’ve already faced AI defending in most games I played.

I got excited from seeing the praise of the game, but now I’m convinced that I’m not touching this one. I understand that everyones happy about the offensive boost, but are we just going to ignore obvious flaws that easy?

I hope it works out for you lads, I’m off for good.

Comments

• Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Ahh that's a shame, good luck with whatever it is you'll do in the meantime 👋
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    I’ve been playing the trial and I must be honest.

I’m not impressed with defending and how I’ve already faced AI defending in most games I played.

I got excited from seeing the praise of the game, but now I’m convinced that I’m not touching this one. I understand that everyones happy about the offensive boost, but are we just going to ignore obvious flaws that easy?

I hope it works out for you lads, I’m off for good.
    I think most played sb for rewards and havnt played much online and are still adjusting to player animations etc
    I found ai defending and blocking to be just as rampant as last year
    Any game I played that opponents just chased around with midfielders with seemingly unlimited stamina their ai defence mopped up everything and threw itself in front of every shot
    looks like we in for another year of park the bus counter attack
    Chase everywhere with kante can’t wait for another year of frustrating games
  • Mogga
    3622 posts National Call-Up
    Still not buying it. It's a filler release til next gen
  • It's honestly a few tweaks away from being class... Its not perfect, but it's streets ahead of the past 4 cycles imho
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    It's honestly a few tweaks away from being class... Its not perfect, but it's streets ahead of the past 4 cycles imho
    To be better than 17/18 it’s not really a big obstacle to over come this one just has to be 2 out of 10 and it’s good lol
  • xFATAL
    5485 posts Big Money Move
    I'm enjoying it. Like having the challenge of having to "Git gud" at defense again.
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Damn, is it too late to cancel my pre order?
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    I'm liking it, I have to say I'm noticing the people who are relying on the AI to defend, it's usually followed by me scoring or at least coming close. It's definitely better in that respect... the defenders cant automatically catch up anymore also if they are caught napping, another good thing. Fast wingers like sane are now wiping the floor with my bronze full backs and that's how it should be, it used to make me laugh how suddenly a player with 60 pace was able to catch up to one of footballs fastest players 😂

It's looking good to me, but I'll reserve judgement for when the abusers find their meta or fifa botch it with a game changing update like they did every month last year 🙄
  • mhh1981
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    I didn’t particularly like gameplay last year although built a great final team. Quite liking this one as I feel I have to learn the game all over again. Only thing not liking is gks seem poor and rebound goals
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    Mogga wrote: »
    Still not buying it. It's a filler release til next gen

So is every fifa.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I thought I would explain my experiences that lead to me making this decision.

Defending is the primary sinner here, and I consider myself a great manual defender, but tackling doesn’t reward you. If you can even make the tackle to begin with.
    Once you get the ball, opposing players can immidiately rush into you and move you off the ball.

I couldn’t keep the ball against smaller players with Pique?

The rebounding tackles and immidiate “retackle” by opposing players is hilariously dumb.

I did it myself, taking the ball off the oppositions defenders, when I shouldn’t have been able to and scored multiple times like this.

Second, AI defending is as strong as ever. I believe it will be even stronger this year, especially with how clunky and broken defending already feels. It will force 80% of players to play 8 ATB, using second man press and teampress while only controlling a player once you get right infront of said player. The crabwalking is so unrealistic, how can you accelerate that fast while moving ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sideways?

It doesn’t make any sense.
    The autotackles are back in Fifa 20, it’s all here. All the stuff that made FIFA 19 the game it was, it’s still here in Fifa 20 and I don’t think any patch will fix the game. It will guide the game right back into the same ditch.

I might be wrong and the first patch won’t do said thing, but I’m not going to take the chance.

This game gives me 19-18-17 flashbacks. It’s horrible in that regard.

Loads of positives to be found, I just don’t think they outweight the negatives at the slightest.

Once special cards and super teams starts becoming a thing, you will all see the games true colors.

Peace lads, see you next year.