We are aware of some connectivity issues on our games & we are working towards resolving this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thoughts on the game so far?

Kingyyy01
209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Personally I like it, no more pace wins games! Actually takes skill and build up play to break down a team, overall I’m actually enjoying this fifa, what’s everyone else’s thoughts until they do their patch and make it fifa 19v2

Comments

• CharlieC
    7344 posts Big Money Move
    Ball physics are a bit off for me but in general it’s good. If it was beach volleyball 20 then fair enough.
  • Daytona73
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like the gameplay, the crowd noises are not great and I don't like the penalties but overall I like it.
  • Kingyyy01
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Daytona73 wrote: »
    I like the gameplay, the crowd noises are not great and I don't like the penalties but overall I like it.

I guess freekicks and pens are something of a learning curve
  • CharlieC
    Can they please get rid of the scots bloke who does the commentary too. Sooooooo annoying.
  • Alex_cr
    5782 posts Big Money Move
    Kingyyy01 wrote: »
    Personally I like it, no more pace wins games! Actually takes skill and build up play to break down a team, overall I’m actually enjoying this fifa, what’s everyone else’s thoughts until they do their patch and make it fifa 19v2

Really? Pace is vital from what I’ve seen.
  • Wi1son73
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pace is back 💯
  • Benja190782
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2019
    I love the new ball physics. Headers are so much fun and the battle before you jump is very very important.

Passes are skill based and can be risky if you rush them which is amazing!
    Shooting feels very good and rewarding if you don’t panic. Just be calm and outsmart your opponent.

Great gameplay speed, very authentic. Fast players are really fast and defending is very skill based now with amazing jockey.

I simply love it! And I hope EA won’t change it because some cry babies can’t adapt to this incredible football game.

Yes we have a football game now!
  • bigpokey24
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    Seems yall are new to fifa. Every early release especially in FUT seems like the next best thing since sliced bread..yall are playing different cards and low tier players, come after the patch next week at launch plus CC FC, yall will be back editing these reviews
  • CharlieC
    I love the new ball physics. Headers are so much fun and the battle before you jump is very very important.

Passes are skill based and can be risky if you rush them which is amazing!
    Shooting feels very good and rewarding if you don’t panic. Just be calm and outsmart your opponent.

Great gameplay speed, very authentic. Fast players are really fast and defending is very skill based now with amazing jockey.

I simply love it! And I hope EA won’t change it because some cry babies can’t adapt to this incredible football game.

Yes we have a football game now!

Do you play football on the beach mostly?
  • Aryss
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2019
    I have seen a lot of people saying that it actually requires build up play etc.

I might be playing a different game but from what I experienced so far you get rewarded for quick counter with fast players , you can build up as much and as long as you like it will take your opponent 2/3 passes to do a quick counter and outrun your CB , surely you can position yourself and stop the counter but pace will be a big part of this game.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoyed the game alot until I faced players that knew whats overpowered. Zigzagging is almost impossible to defend and frustrating to deal with. It takes little to no skill and has close to 0 counterplay.
  • cdbuck26
    3620 posts National Call-Up
    From what I've played which is 7 or 8 games, it's great
  • Huh? Pace is important. And it doesn't take skill to break down an opponent because player switching is so slow and strafe dribbling and skills are OP. Thought this might be the case this year with EA introducing Volta, game will have more of an emphasis on spamming skills.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    I’m liking it however I’m finding some areas extremely frustrating. My main frustrations being heading.... I have Harry Kane as a striker alongside Felipe Anderson and I honestly can’t remember last time he won a header. Even if the cross perfect Kane just can’t win a header for me. Haven’t managed to score a header off a corner yet after 15 games (roughly) even missed a couple open nets where I’ve crossed ball across to Kane to head in and he’s headed it over. Don’t know if it’s just me although I don’t know what else I can do other than tap shoot as ball coming in. Sbc section is just out and out terrible now I think. Was far superior last year. Takes too long to do them now on console so find myself doing them on companion app. Struggling with tackling but think I just need to do a few defending skill games to learn it a bit better. Didn’t want to waste time practising it with the 10 hour access. All in all though I’m really happy with the game.
  • Theomanny
    1682 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    Aryss wrote: »
    I have seen a lot of people saying that it actually requires build up play etc.

I might be playing a different game but from what I experienced so far you get rewarded for quick counter with fast players , you can build up as much and as long as you like it will take your opponent 2/3 passes to do a quick counter and outrun your CB , surely you can position yourself and stop the counter but pace will be a big part of this game.

From everything ive watched on twitch, mostly seen people through balling to mbape and other pacy striker. I won all my first 5 placement games with loan auba so i know its gonna be a long year with pace. I won to games with silver and gold players but i kept passing it to auba for free run at goals.

Also L2 crab walk back dribbling needs to go. I did something in my first dr game in div 4 as an experiment. I was able to hold on to the ball with just smalling for 30 in game minutes just skating back and forth, left and right crab walking around.

I can tell u this fifa will be the most complained about in history. Just wait till all the sweaty guys get the game on Tuesday

Build up play my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ just buy a pacy player and counter all day. Its gonna be a very sweaty fifa. Thank ❤️❤️❤️❤️ am going full rtg. Very rewarding
  • Aryss
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2019
    That’s exactly what I think, pace is probably the most important attribute right now, I know everyone wants a more manual type of defense but how the game plays now, atacking wise, I don’t think it’s balanced
  • CharlieC
    edited September 2019
    I watched Krasi last night and he manages to do very crisp first time passes even with lower rated players. My players just won’t do this and I’m not sure why.

Players always trying to take a touch in the box when I want to hit it first time too.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    funny at all the terrible, terrible players commenting how great it is. In a couple of weeks you will be hating.

Pace is back, every game will be pinging down the wing, fast wingers. Shooting is way, way overpowered. Every shot in the box is a goal. The ping-pong passing exists, it's just that players don't have good passing stats right now, wait until better players are out.

Won't be long before quick passing, first time shots are back in additon to pace being everything.
  • protzbischof
    Either buff the agility of defenders or nerf the dribbing agility of attackers. Also as others mentioned, heading and crossing is trash in this game. Once people realise whats OP in the game its gonna be frustrating..
  • Recoba
    4364 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoyed the game alot until I faced players that knew whats overpowered. Zigzagging is almost impossible to defend and frustrating to deal with. It takes little to no skill and has close to 0 counterplay.

You just need to improve your defending.
  • SimenHP
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    First douchbag of the year. It's 3-3 and at the 90th minute I get a pen and ofcourse my opponent quits before I can take it.

Why doesn't EA fix this issue, which has been going on since the first FUT?
  • protzbischof
    Recoba wrote: »

You just need to improve your defending.

Attackers are way more agile than defenders. You can not keep up with them if they do it right.
  • lippyone
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    More relaxing than the last fifa, and more time on the ball, but worried once the novelty wears off that might become boring.

It all about holding possesion for long periods, waiting for an opening in the box then rolling ball into the net.

But kindof missing the manicness of the last one
  • AjaxLegends
    2990 posts National Call-Up
    Better than last year but it’s a through ball fest.
  • Benja190782
    1572 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like how stamina is now a mini-game. My opponents rush and sprint constantly. But the punishment is cool watching them going empty bar. They get so frustrated, haha.

Think football.
  • Splayer23
    359 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No more AI defending!!! Best feeling in the world. Making people who dont know how to defend rage quit is amazing!! Good bye ai defending noobs 🤣😂
  • DanValletta
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've played around 20 games and I'm scoring probably 4 goals on average a game, It's easy to see which opponents were the AI defenders last year. Pace IS a factor, as It should be. It wasn't right last year and it may be slightly op this year.

However, once you know the person you are playing is a pace merchant you can defend accordingly.

I personally think It's a lot better than I expected but I am reserving full judgement for WL servers and higher stat players.

A lot of my satisfaction is watching people try to ping pong pass or not control their defenders and failing miserably, ngl.
  • Thefranchise92
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    Kingyyy01 wrote: »

i think you may be still playing fifa 19, if you don't think pace doesn't matter. fifa 20 is the one with hazard, Zidane and vvd as cover stars.
  • Queens11
    1893 posts Play-Off Hero
    I actually thought it was decent until I played rivals

This year is gonna be the same bs ai assisted
    mess as we have seen the last few instalments
    Auto blocks and tackles galore then we still have the same bs of having 20 attempts on target against superman in goal vrs 2 shots from opposing team from stupid angles that seem to go right through the keeper lol
    Glad I just got the 10 hour access I’ll be holding off for a few weeks until I decide to even buy the game
  • L1vingl1fe
    3964 posts National Call-Up
    I’m enjoying it. I don’t think pace is overpowered at all. Stats matter. Your slow CB isn’t gonna catch a pacey striker if you over commit on defense just like it should be. Build up play works finally. Slow players are usable finally. Penalties and free kicks are awful. Heading is harder but I like it. Overall pretty fun. Been enjoying rivals all trial