First thoughts on FIFA 20 career mode (it’s too easy)

Mativo
27 posts Last Pick at the Park
This are my first thoughts on FIFA 20 career mode after playing it for 10 hours thanks to the EA Access membership.

1. Career mode itself
Nothing really changed here to be honest. The pre- and post-match interviews are a nice addition but I already saw myself skipping it a few times.

Can’t say anything about the dynamic potential because nothing changed in the games i played (1/4) of a season.

2. Feel of the game
The overall feel of the game is good. For me it’s still too quick and the pass and shot power in unrealistic. I changed the gamespeed to slow and made some slider changes:
Run speed 49
Acceleration: 49
Shot speed: 46
Pass speed: 45
For me these changed hit the sweet spot for career mode and it actually feels pretty good after the changes. Way more realistic.

3. Difficulty
This really is the bottleneck at the moment. The game is way too easy. The AI hardly makes an attacking run. Aren’t aggressive off ball. They only make tackles in the 16 metres box. After like 15 games I’ve had 1 freekick and 3 penalties. That says it all. AI defence is extremly bad, even on Ultimate i just see myself running past 3 defenders. Off ball the AI just doesn’t do anything. I even had a moment where my RB had the ball, stood still and didn’t do anything for 5 ingame minutes and the AI didn’t press or attacked him even tho they were 2-0 behind.

Scoring is way too easy and I see myself winning games with 6-1 (Ajax v Lille). I can’t remember a game I scored less than 4 goals in.

I made some slider changed that made the game a bit harder but just because the AI doesn’t press and isn’t agressive it keeps feeling weird. My changed:
Goalkeeper ability (cpu only): 60
Positioning: run frequency (cpu only): 60
First touch control error (cpu only): 35
Pass error CPU: 20

4. Overall thoughts
The base is okay and even tho we didn’t really get much changed in career mode the game feels okay. Difficulty needs to be patched and the AI needs to be more aggressive. When they actually make the AI better, this could be a very good FIFA.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you want :)

Comments

• Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hmmm

I’m a career mode guy this is what I have experienced

2. Feel of the game is spot on imo like good dribblers can dribble and less gooddribblers really struggle to.50/50 is great cant always guarantee headers will be won or go where u said depends on battle so over feel of game isnice.

3.difficulty not sure how your find it easy I’m a division 1 online player so I’m very good at fifa so I play career mode on ultimate.ive started with Manchester United by all means Ai are solid and every game gives me hard fought battles think my record is won 4draw 2 lost 2.

4. Yeah always room for improvement but if they make the game perfect next year there’s nothing else to add to the game as it’s 100% perfect.if that makes sense
  • GARYNOCLUB
    161 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m interested to play out this so called easy Difficulty levels. Not sure about your comment there Bro as like the guy above myself quote the difficulty is hard above world class not one part of it easy. Compactness of defence against these teams is always hard and there passing is accurate. So for you to quote and say it’s easy surprises me. I must say when I played FIFA 19 on professional as a test I sometimes had harder games in that difficulty than in world class which I always found strange. But I doubt over world class level it can be easy no way. I’d like to see in career mode instead of bombarding players with National Team job offers that you only get offers when you achieve something in the game I’ve never understood EA in this factor. Also more club job offers when your a mid table team doing or done well in a season so you you get a reward for hard work with a lesser team. Like in real life it’s not a lot to ask. All I want is a youth scouting system that works last two titles were so bad if it wasn’t names on countries scouting reports of youth players that wasn’t correct like Russian players with Latin names. It was Ethnicity of players in these countries Korea, Japan, no Asian players they were Latin lol so yeah there’s problems. So hopefully the things that bothered me are sorted.
  • Mativo
    I think the main problem is the morale systems. It’s way too easy to get it maxed and that will boost a lot of statts +8 making good players extremly op. I just tested out the legendary difficulty (cant go higher in kick-off) and played with Portsmouth against City. Draw 3-3... i will try to lower the difficulty, but i dont think it works.

I also agree on the Youth Systems, that should really be a thing. Having a youth squad playing in an own dedicated competition. If its just simulation only it will be fine already.
  • Mativo
    Sh4h_-_7 wrote: »
    Hmmm

I’m a career mode guy this is what I have experienced

2. Feel of the game is spot on imo like good dribblers can dribble and less gooddribblers really struggle to.50/50 is great cant always guarantee headers will be won or go where u said depends on battle so over feel of game isnice.

3.difficulty not sure how your find it easy I’m a division 1 online player so I’m very good at fifa so I play career mode on ultimate.ive started with Manchester United by all means Ai are solid and every game gives me hard fought battles think my record is won 4draw 2 lost 2.

4. Yeah always room for improvement but if they make the game perfect next year there’s nothing else to add to the game as it’s 100% perfect.if that makes sense

I’m currently with Ajax career mode. I’m gonna start a r2g with a league 2 team when the squads get updated. I first thought Ajax was just to good to do a career with because other teams in the Eredivisie are ❤️❤️❤️❤️. But then i did a kick off game köln vs bayern and I won 3-0 easy.. i just hope they buff ultimate. I rather go down a difficulty level then just keep playing the ball around because i dont wanna win every game 4-0 for realism sake.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm slightly pissed they did not have the squads and transfers in order, because instead of paying extra for a premier early access, I now paid extra for a frustrating long wait... even group draws for European tournaments are not up to date. But hey, there's room for edit so the creative mind has something to do.

I think the gameplay is okay but indeed a little bit too easy. Nothing that adjusting sliders can't fix. Though too easy, I do have to say they have got the feel right this time.

All in all it's quite positive, just a little bugged about late squad, transfers and draw updates.

• Kevin
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t know why you can’t follow your players performances in his national team in Championship Manager you always get a message how your player permormed or am I blind and is it indeed in there somewhere?