Pes is great

GARYNOCLUB
113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I think fifa has a lot to do on gameplay front. Pes 2020 is great I’m really enjoying it it plays so real. Graphics are great and the matches are real challenging I played 20 matches 8 mins on superstar. Which is really hard. Also when you break clear of AI and dribble it’s so satisfying launching a rocket from far out I absolutely love the game. There are bad things such as switching players is poor and I find winning headers hard also against a giant cf which in someways is real. But overall FIFA will have to patch extremely well to get near Pes for gameplay I’m shocked how good it is. This is first time I’ve bought Pes before fifa and it really is great. Fifa has to improve gameplay mode before other in game modes it’s terrible looking and playing demo so far the players run and move like they have sticks up there ****.

Comments

• Druski5150
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    Weren’t you crapping all over PES few weeks ago?
  • GARYNOCLUB
    Druski5150 wrote: »
    Weren’t you crapping all over PES few weeks ago?

Yes I was but doesn’t mean I cannot appreciate the game also. I still feel the only thing PES has over fifa is gameplay the PES menus are bad too many buttons R1 and R2 barely utilised. There online modes are shabby and cheap looking. You have to buy PES UNIVERSE to get all the kits and leagues. So extra $10 or £10 extra to purchase these patches plus USB stick so 41.99 for game plus 10-20 extra for downloading a option file. I think both games are broken in different ways but head and shoulders the most important thing is PES gameplay unreal I just hope when I play FIFA 20 the gameplay is better than DEMO because DEMO was a waste of a download the player models were terrible. MENUS are MENUS it’s the least we can expect but both KONAMI and EA are still not perfecting the game in ways we all can stop moaning about.
  • Nutekandor
    56 posts Park Captain
    You don't need pesunishit. Try pes world. It's 4 free and quality wise better.
  • Jboom98
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So basically your saying that we need to buy both games offline buy PES Online buy FIFA :/ both of those games are no longer proper football games.
  • Druski5150
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nutekandor wrote: »
    You don't need pesunishit. Try pes world. It's 4 free and quality wise better.
    They steal other people’s work. And their quality is not better than PESUniverse.
  • GARYNOCLUB
    I found pes universe reliable and easy option file for me.
  • F_bombers
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    GARYNOCLUB wrote: »
    I found pes universe reliable and easy option file for me.

Pes 2020 is better than FIFA 20. Though I still play FIFA 17.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    No one cares about play against the AI. It’s for people who think like a brick
  • Pes feels like it still didn't introduce smooth 360 degree motion. The turning and movements are so robotic and kills it for me in terms of gameplay which is supposed to be the thing it's better than fifa at. I have no problem with licences etc and I tried Pes for two years but it just doesn't look or feel good (or sound good for that matter, the commentary needs a serious overhaul)
  • F_bombers
    edited September 23
    SRKD90 wrote: »
    Pes feels like it still didn't introduce smooth 360 degree motion. The turning and movements are so robotic and kills it for me in terms of gameplay which is supposed to be the thing it's better than fifa at. I have no problem with licences etc and I tried Pes for two years but it just doesn't look or feel good (or sound good for that matter, the commentary needs a serious overhaul)

Yeah, the commentary sucks. But the PES 2020 demo is great. I bought PES 17 and 18, that got me pissed at Konami. PES online and offline had terrible lag, couldn't even play (PES 18 on the PS3 runs fine). Big waste of money twice. But I deleted the FIFA 20 demo one time, said I would download/try FIFA 20 again and give it another go. Deleted the FIFA 20 demo again after 20 minutes.

In PES 2020 your guys get really tired, makes a huge difference in gameplay.
    Post edited by F_bombers on
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional

Did you play FIFA19? Even when you played against a person you might as well have been playing the computer..

So do you think like a brick?

Seriously though, that is jus a rude and inaccurate thing to say. The same can be said about anyone that plays video games in general, especially FIFA or PES.
  • Wonderfulwest
    4693 posts National Call-Up
    Pes is fun but let’s be honest it’s not Fifa, I don’t know why I just love Fifa even tho I know it’s not perfect. Tho having Messi Ronaldo and Auba already on my club I’ll be playing regularly when Fifa gets too much
  • Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    Loads of classic single games out there where you ''think like a brick''.

The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn and the Batman games. I'll be thinking like a brick when I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

PES is awful. The only thing I like about it are the stadiums and tunnel cams..oh and player models which are miles better than anything Fifa has to offer. I avoid any game that has the voice of Jim Beglin. Players move so robotically still. Though, I will see what it looks like running on Unreal Engine next year.
  • GARYNOCLUB

I’m a bricklayer and your views are as narrow as a joint between a brick 🤫

• GARYNOCLUB
    SRKD90 wrote: »
    Pes feels like it still didn't introduce smooth 360 degree motion. The turning and movements are so robotic and kills it for me in terms of gameplay which is supposed to be the thing it's better than fifa at. I have no problem with licences etc and I tried Pes for two years but it just doesn't look or feel good (or sound good for that matter, the commentary needs a serious overhaul)

I agree with what you say but Konami is two patches from perfection. How many are EA from that a lot.

• GARYNOCLUB
    Pes is fun but let’s be honest it’s not Fifa, I don’t know why I just love Fifa even tho I know it’s not perfect. Tho having Messi Ronaldo and Auba already on my club I’ll be playing regularly when Fifa gets too much

I agree it isn’t FIFA but the gameplay is better. What FIFA has is a easy navigation of menus and it’s look has money spent on it with nice graphics. Also FIFA commentary is better than PES by miles and sound of crowd I agree with all that and online modes FIFA has better stuff there to but FUT isn’t that much different then MYCLUB in fact PES was enjoyable servers are poor though on KONAMI. But the difference is the game is harder to play it’s so technical and a real challenge SUPERSTAR is hard let alone Legendary.
  • GARYNOCLUB
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Loads of classic single games out there where you ''think like a brick''.

The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn and the Batman games. I'll be thinking like a brick when I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

PES is awful. The only thing I like about it are the stadiums and tunnel cams..oh and player models which are miles better than anything Fifa has to offer. I avoid any game that has the voice of Jim Beglin. Players move so robotically still. Though, I will see what it looks like running on Unreal Engine next year.

Alan Smith isn’t a bad commentator either then why no Neville or Carragher Alan Smith barely does side commentary now.

• Pwalie86
    1336 posts Professional
    Alan Smith is a little dull, so I'd definitely prefer Neville or Carragher. I do wish co-commentators say more during games.

I hope Rob Hawthorne is a commentator for Fifa 21. More options the better.
  • Master110
    952 posts Professional
    He is a troll. He made a post saying how fifa was great now lmao.

Dude no one cares if you play both games.
  • i say fifa is better than pes purely because it has pro clubs

in terms of h2h they both feel fairly similar however the lock ons on pes are terrible and seem to ignore the ball very regularly. i feel that pes is harder to exploit so you dont have any major nerds on that game mode like fifa has shellz that spams unrealistic dribbling etc
  • F_bombers
    i say fifa is better than pes purely because it has pro clubs

in terms of h2h they both feel fairly similar however the lock ons on pes are terrible and seem to ignore the ball very regularly. i feel that pes is harder to exploit so you dont have any major nerds on that game mode like fifa has shellz that spams unrealistic dribbling etc

I just deleted Origin and all of my FIFA games. Now I just play the PES 2020 demo.

PES has better gameplay, period. FIFA has the clubs and the commentary, but PES has the players names also; just not the club names or uniforms. I could care less about the commentary, team names and uniforms; personally. It's all about the gameplay. The PES 2020 demo is amazing, but Konami did the same thing EA did last year. Konami gave us a demo that was not like the finished product. But playing the demo is fine for me right now. If Konami fixes PES 2020, I'll buy the game.
  • GARYNOCLUB
    Master110 wrote: »
    He is a troll. He made a post saying how fifa was great now lmao.

Dude no one cares if you play both games.[/

Wow someone needs there mummy be quiet accusing me of trolling.
  • F_bombers
    Bump for PES.