A MESSI RTG THE FINAL TEAM ROAD TO 1000 GOALS WITH MESSI?

Comments

• Cadey 5
    12138 posts Has That Special Something
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    iD33J91 wrote: »
    That De Jong is absolutely crazy, played against him twice in WL (in 5 games) and he is genuinely incredible

Don’t know what’s wrong with me but can’t set my team up in a good shape right now!
    Crazy pull! Enjoy this WL mate. Remember to always having fun

Stopping at 14 wind this WL so I can “refresh”

Not doing objectives either and don’t think I will push to rank two,

Not 17 mate? Guaranteed at least 1 bundesliga of each pick

Way I’ve been playing will take me 26 games to do that :D
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    Oh my... that team looks... I’m goi g to be honest, better than last few years. That bench, 👌👌👌

I Suppose it has more packs pulls compared to previous years!

Cr7
    Rashford
    Mahrez
    Toty Ligt
    Stegan
  • Cadey 5
    edited May 25
    Messi Reaches 1000 games

45fc39ae-20d9-4c74-bf0d-7e0c8ebba055_Thumbnail.PNG

The club played out a tense 1-1 draw in what was the club captains 1000th appearance for the club falling behind to a Mbappe strike only a Yashin wonder save kept the score at 1-0 before a close range strike in stoppage time of the first half from Fati rescued a draw for the home side.

f5d4fc70-eeb6-4bc1-b0a8-541b86422b12_Thumbnail.PNG

couple of recent goals from Messi whose been back to his best in recent weeks following a downturn in form after POTM Neymar arrived.

EagerEvenAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif
    AggressiveAchingFrenchbulldog-size_restricted.gif

CR7 IN MAY!

2407d77f-4234-4b64-a1d5-2fd3ffddc245.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=53a8dPfqRYEo6e%2Fr8IQBasBYKNjEbjEF8zKJyX%2F2jQs%3D

WL 10/10
    D1 6/10

Another huge talking point in recent weeks was the signing and subsequent starting spot of CR7 pushing a previously impressive Rashford out wide (RIP HIS G2G RATIO)

In WL he superb and I say that because teams are varied to some degree as are the skill levels of my opponents it took me a while to get used to what his best type of finish was and my record ended on it's normal path 17-7 so he did not hinder me which is impressive giving the lack of interest in the card this year and the Meta of FIFA 20.

However today whilst getting my Rivals points done for D1R2 he went SIX games without scoring now I did win some of these games and he is't a handicap but in a time of year and division where TOTS Ramos, MIitao Stegan are common place he is simply behind those when faced with a equally adapt FIFA player.

As such I may give Rashford the ST role for the up coming WL whose current record of 33 goals in 50 games is't to be sniffed at but I would like to try get 1 goal a game ratio this FIFA that is not POTM Pukki!

What I will say is considering how late in the game cycle we are CR7 is very impressive still and must have been a cheat code early game if you have't tried him this year and you have a fairly consistant WL performances pick him up.

@chaser2k15 @DoD_Jester @CovLee_Candice @BristolMDF @WonderMouse @Antparry92 @Chmpen85
    @LFC Simon 98 @Keano @iD33J91 @Knowlesdinho @Pikachu @FifaTaco @Ugri @jpsblue @Absting159
    @Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
    Post edited by Cadey 5 on
  • CovLee_Candice
    4528 posts National Call-Up
    honestly this is criminal Cadey have no chance to use GOAT icon like Eusebio or R9. Bring back icon SBC EA!

use cr7 and he is great but messi is better at that time because he fit the current mea.. Base Eusebio is a league above them all.
  • Cadey 5
    edited May 28
    Rodrigo Signs following manager outburst

1f13b5c6-b58d-49f0-b0f5-a751c666bc82_Thumbnail.PNG

If you want my current views on FIFA 20 at the minute see this thread:https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/553698/ea-you-truly-have-made-the-worst-gaming-experience-in-fifa-history-rant#latest

Ultimately CR7 whilst fun to use felt frustrating at times despite netting 45/45 games before a 7 game scoreless run and a 200 points DR drop (Now well into D2 RIP I spent 50k to finish Rodrigo + Red TOTS Santi + Red TOTS Santi I was hoping Serie A would provide me with that "must have" SBC but with Allans links to my team and Leo likewise sadly this was not the case.

Yashin returned to the team and had one of those weekends where I wonder why I would ever drop him as appose to why on earth I use him, never had such a god like or average keeper in my life no middle ground for him.

I thought about all the times POTM WBY has torn me a new one and NIF Neymar still destroying me and decided to give him a go:

Sidenote: Got TOTS Davies, TOTS Muller and Hummels from he Bundisliga week.

Managed to get my games in this WL had 3 dcs in my first 12 games and one guy guy gifted me my 20th win to go 20-9

31f6e0c9-b682-4c62-9ffe-29eb995cd242_Thumbnail.PNG
    c1989ea5-b144-4419-99a9-a4bc76e90c15_Thumbnail.PNG

KaleidoscopicCourageousAnemone-size_restricted.gif
    TheseWaterloggedCalf-size_restricted.gif
    ClumsyBareCrow-size_restricted.gif
    TastyShorttermLarva-size_restricted.gif

@chaser2k15 @DoD_Jester @CovLee_Candice @BristolMDF @WonderMouse @Antparry92 @Chmpen85
    @LFC Simon 98 @Keano @iD33J91 @Knowlesdinho @Pikachu @FifaTaco @Ugri @jpsblue @Absting159
    @Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • iD33J91
    6023 posts Big Money Move
    Have you used Davies much?

Could you offer some thoughts, please?
  • Cadey 5
    edited May 25

only as a sub I can find a way to shoe horn him in with Hummels in D2 if you want me to give him a try but i feel Hummels would let him down on that side.
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class

Fantastic mate, havent really got abad word to say about him, except his shooting but he's a LB, beat the pacey sweats to the ball that long ball it down the line or kick it there from a goal kick etc, deffo recommend. I've benched & will SBC red Robertson for him (Davies is tradable).
  • iD33J91

only as a sub I can find a way to shoe horn him in with Hummels in D2 if you want me to give him a try but i feel Hummels would let him down on that side.
    Keano wrote: »

Fantastic mate, havent really got abad word to say about him, except his shooting but he's a LB, beat the pacey sweats to the ball that long ball it down the line or kick it there from a goal kick etc, deffo recommend. I've benched & will SBC red Robertson for him (Davies is tradable).

Thank you lads - trying to work out how to get Boateng on 8 chem and he looks the best option.

Might well have to replace Alex Sandro with him then!!
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 1
    Team changes

141174fa-bded-4766-a363-ba888d9e845c_Thumbnail.PNG

Got Red Manolas and 2X TOTS Hando from the upgrades/guarantee pack so unlocked Allan with the dupe and 70k or so I took my total Ultimate Packs opened during 26 too 26 with the only two main league TOTS pulls being TOTS Kovacic and Alisson :)

I don't know if this yet another sideways step but heyho.
    Manolas in for Militao
    Trent in for Trippier
    Handa in for Yashin
    Hazard in for Mahrez

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • CovLee_Candice
    looks like manolas and handa is better than yashin and militao. pretty good W IMO.
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 2
    CADEY THANKS GOD FOLLOWING E3 FINISH

35827d90-6663-4ba7-920f-32031ec2fe2c_Thumbnail.PNG

ebc91424-5e94-43cf-b884-98da23d777c6_Thumbnail.PNG

My days I did it another Elite 3 finish for the first time in about 90 days and what a roller coaster of emotions!

Key games

Game One: I lost thats right 0-1 start to the WL :)
    Game Four: Smallings only appearances in the WL 3-0 down to a 4-3 win
    Game Nine: A win on pens following a 2-2 draw in one of those games I should have won way before ET let alone be 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go.

The Record
    8-2
    18-4
    19-7
    23-7

Needing 4 wins from 4 after being in such a strong position to finish Elite I honestly thought my chance had gone I almost went to bed on my 20th win I won two in a row 3-2 4-3 (after being 3-1 up 5o 3-3) and that left me needing two wins from two for E3 I just needed Match Making in my favour and it was possible.

Game 29

a8956d60-1595-45a1-b7af-a6df2750d2ea_Thumbnail.PNG

This loaded up and I thought about punching the wall next to me however Rashford got some space in the box 8 minutes in and I fired near post for a 1-0 lead this seemed to stun my opponent because he sat at KO for the duration until the AI took it, then somehow on my next attack Rodrigo got free and it was 2-0 and he RQ!

1 game to go to save my FIFA 20 spirit.

Game 30 V1.0

db6c99e0-1d2c-4ec1-bbb5-00da804a32ba.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=14hUOG1lFqJcIxaz4Xco0OvPAQYYBrJTTOzb5LXI1tk%3D

So yeah... 2-0 down after 20 minutes and I thought **** me the one time I give my chance to hit E3 EA match me up with a T100 player who has previously gone 30-0 this year.

eb3ce326-7bd1-45ab-9f52-4972716aa494.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=cbukig0QH3xEROzCi4W%2FpmfUhbqNfHlxzsz90HhA%2FQw%3D

I stayed in the game in the hope of a DC I even sent the guy a message for the first time even in a WL and he proceeded to Ssssh me with his R9.

I paused the game following the ssshh to check his bio and had given up hope I comeback to "you have lost connection to your opponent" and honestly thought this was just me for being on his profile but by some god sent intervention it was him who DCD.

Game 30 V2.0

5179cb51-eb42-4264-903b-27badad0fd58.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=2ZrxDYttVFCE3fhweO6O%2FIVTyDHpfKhGrWqQZsdHrvc%3D

Take two and at this point my gameplay had turned to sprint down the wing cross and pray to my new lord.
    DefinitiveSnoopyGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

When I scored the second i put my head in my hands and really mumbled to myself "oh my god" I then conceded form KO and spent the next 10 minutes of my life on the verge of a heart attack

Will post WL Player reviews tonight in a separate post

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • EquinoxShane
    953 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice job! Wow that's some luck on the DC against that guy... Karma's a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, serves him right for shushing 😂
  • Keano
    16410 posts World Class
    Well done mate! the gameplays been getting to me too much so i stoped at G3 last night even though i could've pushed for g2 or g1, just question why i'd put myself through it for Reds that wont fit the team & won't enjoy it etc.

Gameplay being fixed could make alot of issues go away but untill then we struggle through.
  • iD33J91
    Massive result - congrats!!

Defo looking forward to player reviews!!
  • CovLee_Candice
    nice time to get Elite mate. that trap vibes is such son of a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, he deserve that discconnect. :D
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 4
    MIni player review

Regulon 8/10

Probably the best objective card I have unlocked for FIFA 20 my defence felt solid this week despite the number of goals I conceded but I felt I did't give much away, quick, good on the ball good passing just a overall solid LB Id say given my dip in Rivals form in recent weeks he is better then Alex Sandro if you had to choose one.

TOTSF Manolas 9/10

OG board members will remember this man was a starting CB for hundreds of games on FIFA I took the decision to take this man over Szczesny from red picks purely due to my hatred of red keepers but it turned out to be a great decision he has everything you want in a CB ignore the low vision his agility and short passing more then makes up for it. 129k on the marker if you run a Serie A side you need this man.

TOTY Ligt

Still a god in the 1000 game club now FYI.

TOTSF Trent 6/10

For me he is just the average FIFA 20 RB good on the ball nice passing good dribbling does't feel as fast as his card stats but does have a stocky feel in game. I can't say there is much difference between him and Trippier at 249k this stage in the game he is over priced for me but he is also @DoD_Jester starting RB so must be something in him.

TOTSF Jong] 9/10

Monster, the biggest difference between Jong and the many CDMS who have gone before him is his clutch goals I have envy for anyone who has got to use his TOTY his January he has everything you would want it's like having a winger in the middle of the park with how he can move with the ball a must have for my stating eleven.

FB Allan 6/10

Over shadowed my Jong for sure I was't sold on his stats pre WL and he did't blow me away if you want a steady CDM and run a Brazil team he will do a good job but not much better then TOTS Fernandinho he is good in the middle his sprint speed is to low for this stage in the game imo and his accleration does't feel as fast as someone like Kroos due to height.

Moments Hazard 7/10

Don't do this SBC unless you are going to play him CAM It's probably just me but i always forget he has the finesse shot trait of course he has moments of magic but if I need to make a sub Hazard is the one who will make way

POTM Messi still God

The best decision made in this thread in FIFA 20 hands down arguments over his price aside the length of time and constant threat this card offers is next level, if you want a cheap CAM to build around get NIF Messi get it on his left and finesse.

TOTSF Rashford 8/10

Defiantly better suited for ST his goal a game ratio was great for me to the point I have to try shoe horn him in and he is like Hazard always able to produce a moment of magic I think that is the good thing about my team all the front four can finish a chance, he is a bit heavy on the ball compared to those around him which is a downside to the card, but if you are a fan of powering B and praying to the RNG lords this card is the one for you i think there are better options for 340k on the market but try him if you want a change.

Birthday Rodrigo 9/10

80 games 88 goals I cannot believe nobody has mentioned this guy since his release movement is great pacey striker who actually feels pacey, I think people don't know he is left footed and just let him shoot, outside foot shot trait, finesse shot trait probably the best budget BBVA striker in FIFA 20 if you are stuck for somewhere to dump fodder give this guy a try.

I will say towards the end of WL I lost a bit of faith in his finishing and subbed him out at HT for Neymar but can't argue with his record

Subs

Mahrez 10/10

This card is magic as a RAM he has the best movement of any player out wide i have used on FIFA 20 12 time he came of the bench at RAM or LAM and scored 5 assisted 4 he is a must try for FIFA 20.

POTM Neymar

2 mil SBC Sub RIP but this card is still top top level 8 appearances of the bench 10 goals 3 assists could well be argued he was value for coins given the price difference in the NIF Neymar and the SIF.

RTTF Kent

If I speak i am in trouble, I prefer not to speak.

WL Stats

Recorded 90% of them this week funny enough:

W 23 L 7 GF 71 GA 45 GD + 26

Scorers
    Rodrigo 26
    Messi 11
    Neymar 10
    Rashford 6
    Mahrez 5
    Allan 3
    Jong 3
    Kent 2
    Manolas 1 (he scored yes, yes he did)

Assists
    Messi 10
    Rodrigo 7
    Jong 7
    Mahrez 5
    Rashford 4
    Allan 4
    Neymar 3
    Ligt 3
    Kent 2

@EquinoxShane Thanks! can't say he deserved it but it's the most excited I have got for a DC in the history of FIFA
    @Keano I still hate the game I have dropped from 1900 SR to 1650 SR over the last two weeks because I just quit games now where I am not playing for the same reason as the person i am facing.
    @iD33J91 not the most detailed reviews but hopefully helpful!
    @CovLee_Candice you played him before?

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • iD33J91
    Is Frenkie that good?

Wasn’t planning on picking him up but I can slot him in at 8 chem...
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 8
    af6713b6-7beb-456e-9a32-c4092a719fee_Thumbnail.PNG
    7f79fdce-0819-4800-b5bf-4910fc452954_Thumbnail.PNG
    f5fb2d59-77a2-4ada-b890-d7729a69799e_Thumbnail.PNG
    b9fbf363-eb7b-4922-bc02-dc1159b190bb_Thumbnail.PNG
    cee7fb8a-e92c-43fa-835f-91bdc4a618d1_Thumbnail.PNG

Ligue 1 guaranteed
    bfcd717a-7f2c-4f2b-a262-00458cda6e96_Thumbnail.PNG

LATM/MILS Guaranteed
    Fernandez

Rivals rewards D3R1 (I have quit a lot of games this week trying to get Gueye)
    4b5e4f0a-c52c-4a97-8af7-d849bb61bbb7_Thumbnail.PNG

OBJECTIVES THIS WEEK

I am a idiot so I have unlocked Golvin Gueye and Martinez for fodder well Gueye may get used I don't know! oh i also unlocked Nani because cheap :)

Ligue 1 upgrades

Will do 10-15-20 of these tomorrow morning and pray!

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA

@iD33J91 he is just the perfect CDM for how i play which is just pass move and left analog dribbling! he is so smooth on the ball and has good enough finishing to score the odd chance he may get!

He is't the best defensive CDM I have used or the best attacking CM but he is good enough at all those things to the point he has no major weakness (if that makes sense)
  • CovLee_Candice
    that elite reward is hurt man. one last WL today?
  • Cadey 5
    that elite reward is hurt man. one last WL today?

Will try play to 17 wins if I can then I will wind down unless EA give us a monster SBC.

Not pulled a single TOTS player that I want to get a good goal ratio with for the rest of the game cycle I’ve achieved my goal of hitting elite this year well I had months ago but this was a extra achievement doing it when everyone has juiced teams.

I will still do objectives if there is someone I like or futties or project England but I won’t bust a gut to get Back in D1 or rivals objectives for players “incase” I need them.
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 11
    WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES

14-8 this WL did't have time to get to 17 honestly team just was't the same one Y ball away from the counter of dreams and I did't have it in me to break down the 10 men behind the ball obviously I am used to it but this was a whole new level.

I think I am done with full WLS now unless the SBC Wednesday gives me one of the 99s I think I am done apart from what I mentioned above.

If you where wondering how Ligue 1 upgrades went.
    Did 25 got TOTS
    Mandanda
    LB (dupe) went into Maja
    Andre
    the other GK

PROJECT ENGLAND TIME TO SHINE
    d5027f16-0bdc-46a2-bab5-04a1250749a8_Thumbnail.PNG

Unless EA release a player that is in the top 1% of FIFA players for me to unlock I am probably going to unlock Ings this week and take the England team into WL and try get to 14 wins.

I am aware Modric is better value but he is there for the remainder of FUT and whilst I would like to unlock him (not doing FUTMAS Modric was a SBC regret) it's probably to much of ballache to fit him into my main team.

Same applies for Lucas if you want me to unlock him and use him as my main striker for the rest of FUT i am not against it just not a player that makes me say "I need him" aka POTM Messi/POTM Neymar.

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • iD33J91
    Lucas is extremely good for me at ST.

Probably not a “must do” but he really has been exceptional
  • CovLee_Candice
    Will we doing board member vote of starting XI like pirlo rtg @Cadey 5
  • Cadey 5
    Will we doing board member vote of starting XI like pirlo rtg @Cadey 5

Can do ive Just got soo many players from so many leagues might be hard but I can do yeah.
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 11
    Anyone care to remind me why I grinded so much for TOTS B) here’s the haul for TOTS

Guaranteed

EFL - Plymouth keeper
    MC - Bentancur
    PL - Rashford
    Saudi - Carlos Eduardo
    BBVA- Monreno
    Bundisliga- Davies
    Serie A Hando
    MLS/LA Fernanddz
    Ligue 1 Kamara
    Deluxe Mandanda (dupe)
    Deluxe Davies (dupe)
    Deluxe Stegan (dupe)

Player Picks

MC/EFL - Brandt & Fernandinho
    Saudi/PL - Alisson & Alisson
    BBVA/Turkish - Stegan, Santi. Oblak and Parejo
    Bundisliga hummels muller
    Serie A Manolas Smalling
    Ligue 1 depay Rossi Osimen
    Ultimate TOTS Trent Henderson (dupes)

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • JG10AVFC
    2615 posts Fans' Favourite
    WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES

14-8 this WL did't have time to get to 17 honestly team just was't the same one Y ball away from the counter of dreams and I did't have it in me to break down the 10 men behind the ball obviously I am used to it but this was a whole new level.

I think I am done with full WLS now unless the SBC Wednesday gives me one of the 99s I think I am done apart from what I mentioned above.

If you where wondering how Ligue 1 upgrades went.
    Did 25 got TOTS
    Mandanda
    LB (dupe) went into Maja
    Andre
    the other GK

PROJECT ENGLAND TIME TO SHINE
    d5027f16-0bdc-46a2-bab5-04a1250749a8_Thumbnail.PNG

Unless EA release a player that is in the top 1% of FIFA players for me to unlock I am probably going to unlock Ings this week and take the England team into WL and try get to 14 wins.

I am aware Modric is better value but he is there for the remainder of FUT and whilst I would like to unlock him (not doing FUTMAS Modric was a SBC regret) it's probably to much of ballache to fit him into my main team.

Same applies for Lucas if you want me to unlock him and use him as my main striker for the rest of FUT i am not against it just not a player that makes me say "I need him" aka POTM Messi/POTM Neymar.

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA

Should just play Grealish on 7 Chem at ST :wink:
  • Cadey 5
    @JG10AVFC Grealish is the super sub CAM for Rooney ;)
  • Cadey 5
    edited June 15
    Robbie Fowler signs management conract to take Project England into Weekend League
    GettyImages-1144460115.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

The club today announced a contract with Robbie Fowler to manage the England side of the club. Fowler once linked with Grimsby Town was admired by Cadey during his playing days and has welcomed the chance to work with the most talented England team the club has produced. Fowlers arrival comes days after the club signed three new addition

Ben White, Jack Grealish and Danny Ings all signed Project England contracts with Ings being lined up for a spot in the first team should he impress.
    cf2b1b07-92eb-4ab8-8d06-c3e96ea011c7_Thumbnail.PNG
    2fa79058-9122-4f45-b297-7168a4d286e1_Thumbnail.PNG

Asked whether the strong Liverpool presence was key to the move with Gerrard, Ings, Henderson, Kent, Gomez and Trent all being associated with the club he said "honestly you think I have Liverpool bias?, the better players start that is that"

Friendly victory Fowler took the side into a friendly fixture as the club ran out 3-0 winners Ings (1) and Grealish (2) having come of the bench secured a impressive win.

*Disclaimer 15-20 of my games need to be played Friday day time RIP and Vernam may start ahead of Theo.

38cc2b78-878c-4656-a57a-6225a8e81ec8_Thumbnail.PNG
    2f3d7cd2-c786-48ae-b7c9-d0d861772c65_Thumbnail.PNG

@Ulook92 @VICTAAAA
  • CovLee_Candice
    Nice. Wait but why grealish dont start at RM?
  • Cadey 5
    @CovLee_Candice he is my CAM sub only aiming for 17 wins but Grealish CAM for Rooney Kent LAM for Vernan and Toney ST will be my go too subs, Gerrard for Scholes to defend and the CBs for any red cards.