The Squad Battles Thread

Comments

• gaz12321
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    E3 - Packed a Fabinho but literally F All else. Can't really complain though, Fab is going for 74k right now, i'll use him real quick in a BPL team for the Icon Swaps objective then get rid I reckon.
  • RealM
    5945 posts Big Money Move
    Hummels from E1

Another walkout at least.
  • DarthGrowler
    15171 posts World Class
    Nothing again this week
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    E1 got me Toni Kroos. I guess it was worth it to chuckle at him doing the stupid dance after the walkout...lol.

Militao and Areola in the other. 30k helps too.
  • xFATAL
    4634 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 14
    E2- 83 Davinson Sanchez 42k(PS4) Overpriced CB but i'll take it?
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    In the icon SB objectives can you sub on non MLS, Chinese, etc league players and it still count? Just have to start with 11 from the league?
  • CornishLad
    23944 posts Club Captain
    Chubbs wrote: »
    In the icon SB objectives can you sub on non MLS, Chinese, etc league players and it still count? Just have to start with 11 from the league?

Yea
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    CornishLad wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »

Yea

Sweet thanks.
  • Hicksy2011
    13502 posts Has That Special Something
    Managed to get to 30k already
    So much easier when you don’t have to grind it on a Sunday night to pile up the points
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11824 posts Has That Special Something
    These are actually miserable to play lol the cpu is so inconsistent. Sometimes it feels normal and other times it feels like they are cheating
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    These are actually miserable to play lol the cpu is so inconsistent. Sometimes it feels normal and other times it feels like they are cheating

Very true.
  • BleedBlue
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special

YES! And when they are cheating it’s extreme.....cpu delivers the perfect pass at all times in these situations. Also their defense infront the box is like a back 4 of VVDs. And it’s so scripted. I went to 2 penalty shoot out against 72/75 rated teams. On the flip side I sometimes beat those sides 4-0 5-0.

I had one goal scored against me where my keeper saved the ball and the cpu’s forward headed it (while still in the keepers hand) across the line and it counted. Mind you my keeper still haven’t dropped the ball. 😐
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11824 posts Has That Special Something
    BleedBlue wrote: »

YES! And when they are cheating it’s extreme.....cpu delivers the perfect pass at all times in these situations. Also their defense infront the box is like a back 4 of VVDs. And it’s so scripted. I went to 2 penalty shoot out against 72/75 rated teams. On the flip side I sometimes beat those sides 4-0 5-0.

I had one goal scored against me where my keeper saved the ball and the cpu’s forward headed it (while still in the keepers hand) across the line and it counted. Mind you my keeper still haven’t dropped the ball. 😐

Perfect passes, perfect runs and they rarely miss if they get a shot. They also cross a ton and score headers
  • Orison
    50133 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    The only cheat the AI has is that loan VVD in teams.

Apart from that it's tedious and boring, but never difficult. Put a bunch of bronzes in my MLS squad, still ez wins as long as you sub on some proper attackers.
  • Kamilflage
    5271 posts Big Money Move
    Omg wtf did they do to squad battles....I was gone for the weekend, seems like since they brought in icon swaps they made squad battles 10x more rigged....
    Never seen it this bad
  • Tsarov
    3743 posts National Call-Up
    The patch is in the office, so... let's test the AI on legendary.
  • RealM
    5945 posts Big Money Move
    How is it now?
  • xFATAL
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Omg wtf did they do to squad battles....I was gone for the weekend, seems like since they brought in icon swaps they made squad battles 10x more rigged....
    Never seen it this bad

I agree. Some games I played last night were insane. Also how is it that they can adjust AI gk to be Godlike but all gk we use suck in any mode?
  • Orison
    RealM wrote: »
    How is it now?

Easy. AI CBs are drunk now.
  • NornIron
    12093 posts Has That Special Something
    Van Dijk is a rock cant get past him, Nick Pope must have save with feet trait saved everything.
    Dont stand off at all Lingard just bent a 40 yarder past Neuer who didnt even move.
  • Orison
    Yeah, one thing that's now obvious again are these artifically boosted sliders. AI can first time shots from anywhere and they fly in.
  • Wyojasond
    12250 posts Has That Special Something
    Glad it’s just not me. Fired up two quick games to see some of the changes and struggled against two weak *** bronze teams like I never have before. Including losing a 90th minute deflection crazy shot 😂

I’m all for a challenge but some of the changes are a bit out there. Had 2-3 balls just die, and I mean die in the midfield when I had a player wide open. Never seen a ball stop moving so fast 🤦‍♂️ Will try some more games tonight but dang that was nuts.
  • Kamilflage
    edited October 16
    https://xboxclips.com/Kamouflage7/57e4f640-3508-41b4-af16-093b37c3c0f1
    Like seriously wtf...
    Invisible force fields are getting ridiculous
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    I lost 2-1 to a bad team earlier today, was 1-0 up then had a player sent off on 65th, but I’d still normally not have a problem on legendary.

Wasn’t happy with how it went so switched from 41212(2) to a 442 and won the next game 4-0. Might see how that goes now.
  • xFATAL
    Switching to a 3atb formation can really help since CPU teams are almost all on defensive tactics.
  • Kamilflage
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Switching to a 3atb formation can really help since CPU teams are almost all on defensive tactics.

Yeah but then they randomly go God mode and absolutely annihilate you...
  • jenksiee123
    21980 posts Club Captain
    Doesn't really feel any different on Legendary after this patch. Only thing I've really noticed is the AI doesn't just bomb down the wing all game now spamming crosses.
  • xFATAL

I've honestly found its better to attack them rather than sit back but that's just me.
  • Scutch
    11903 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 16

When they start ping ponging the ball around with first time passing, you know you're in big trouble.

Pause the game when they do this and then restart. I find it resets the AI setup.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have actually started to play with the possession tactics and I find it works well. Sometimes sideways or backwards or even switching the play helps to create good chances.

I know it was pre-patch last night, but I played an 87 rated squad w/ Neymar, Salah, Aguero and others. They played a 343 and I actually won 4-nil. I was completely locked on though and made sure my defense had a good shape and enough players behind the ball.

Maybe I have also found a good balance to my squad, who knows?

This was legendary by the way.