The Squad Battles Thread

Shaanxz
20741 posts Club Captain
edited September 21
To start, we’ve removed the timed refreshes in Squad Battles for FUT 20. You will now be able to refresh 4 new squads whenever you want, until you hit your maximum of 10 refreshes for the weekly competition (up 40 games per week). While those first 10 refreshes are the only squads which will count towards your weekly competition standings, you will be able to continue to refresh and get new opponent squads to work on completing objectives or just for some fresh opponents to play.

We’ve also included the Team of the Week as a recurring Squad Battles opponent. Which, along with the Featured Squad Battle, you’ll now be able to replay if desired to try and improve your final score. You’ll need to balance risk and reward when you re-match and replace your previous score in an attempt to earn more points, push yourself higher up the leaderboards, and gain better rewards.
Post edited by Shaanxz on

Comments

• Orison
    50111 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    One week of squad battles for me. Best thing to waste your access on imo.

It's not fun, but the main way to get rewards during access.
  • NornIron
    12087 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it just me or is Legendary alot harder than World class this year.
  • Orison
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Legendary alot harder than World class this year.

I tried professional and legendary. Honestly there is no difference. My results didn't even change.
  • Keano
    14285 posts Has That Special Something
    Just playing World clas so i dont waste access for a stupid loss etc.

Will go straight to legendary once games fully out.

Best to spend all your access on this really, as Rivals you'll have Tues & Wed to get points.
  • Gabbalala
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    So, I know they explain it but I just want clarification;

You can play as many games as you want an refresh as much as you want to but it's only the first 40 games that count towards the leaderboard, right? So if you play more what do they go towards? Do they add to your points total or is that classed as the leaderboard?

Just not sure on it because they say you can keep playing for coins after your first 40..

:confused:
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14465 posts Has That Special Something
    Ai just crosses :D

Played 8 so far had 1 awful loss, think I'm in elite 3 atm?
  • Orison
    Ai just crosses :D

Played 8 so far had 1 awful loss, think I'm in elite 3 atm?

Yeah. Never seen so many crosses. Not even good ones either, sometimes they cross to the edge of the box for no reason.

But then you also get very weird CB and keeper animations. The keeper just punches every cross and last game my Kimpembe scorpion kick cleared the ball. These random crosses can get pretty dangerous with all the bs animations.
  • Keano
    14285 posts Has That Special Something
    conceeded 2 crosses in my 2 games ive played tbf. one where my cb jumped to early & missed it & the other nobody was picking him up.

only 2 goals ive conceeded but i had cahill as one of my cbs, so cant complain about that.
  • Ozz
    2251 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished about halfway through Elite 3 before my access ran out, got 15 minutes left on it to go collect my rewards on Sunday night (no web app access). Guessing I'll be Gold 1 by then, hopefully not lower.
  • ColeWorld
    10896 posts Has That Special Something
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    So, I know they explain it but I just want clarification;

You can play as many games as you want an refresh as much as you want to but it's only the first 40 games that count towards the leaderboard, right? So if you play more what do they go towards? Do they add to your points total or is that classed as the leaderboard?

Just not sure on it because they say you can keep playing for coins after your first 40..

:confused:

You can only grind the objectives like 300 SB wins
  • Crossland
    8467 posts League Winner
    This new refresh thing is quite confusing tbh,I don't quite get the setup yet ?
  • Shaanxz
    20741 posts Club Captain
    Crossland wrote: »

Basically you have your standard 4 teams. If they’re all too high rated for you. You can refresh it and 4 new teams will appear. You can refresh up to 10 times per week. So you could play all 40 in one day if you wanted to
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up

Last year you got 4 games a day plus a community team. You had to refresh each day before the time ran out or you’d miss your opportunity to play those 4 games.

Now, you can refresh at anytime, play all the games at anytime & you don’t lose your opportunity to play them anymore. You can play all your games on Monday, or all your games on Saturday, or even split it up into chunks, etc etc
  • RealM
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    Are the rewards still the same?
  • Danic123
    RealM wrote: »
    Are the rewards still the same?

Yeah
  • DoD_Jester
    26488 posts Player of the Year
    Finding the AI horrible to play against on World Class, they just sit behind the ball and don't move

Is legendary more offensive minded?
  • ccooaattssyy
    8558 posts League Winner
    DoD_Jester wrote: »
    Finding the AI horrible to play against on World Class, they just sit behind the ball and don't move

I find the AI as dull as ever in general tbh
  • DoD_Jester
    26488 posts Player of the Year

I find the AI as dull as ever in general tbh

Unfortunately I agree, like the idea of SB as a game mode but it's just a grind

Was playing world class to guarantee wins so I'd have elite rewards ready for release but it's painful
  • Crossland
    8467 posts League Winner
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Basically you have your standard 4 teams. If they’re all too high rated for you. You can refresh it and 4 new teams will appear. You can refresh up to 10 times per week. So you could play all 40 in one day if you wanted to
    Danic123 wrote: »

Last year you got 4 games a day plus a community team. You had to refresh each day before the time ran out or you’d miss your opportunity to play those 4 games.

Now, you can refresh at anytime, play all the games at anytime & you don’t lose your opportunity to play them anymore. You can play all your games on Monday, or all your games on Saturday, or even split it up into chunks, etc etc

Thanks lads makes sense now,and like the sound of this new format much better than last year,shame they didn't make rewards a tad better tho
  • ccooaattssyy
    8558 posts League Winner
    I’m playing on pro, it’s a bit of a face roll
  • BrentfordFC
    12475 posts Has That Special Something
    So been trying a few things with skillers vs the cpu to see what moves beat the man.

Berbatov spin
    Step over touch to left/right
    Ronaldo chop

These three skills have most succession rate.

Playing possession football is the best way to get behind the defence. Strikers with good hold up play & passing will benefit from this.
    Play your width quite wide. Fullbacks tuck in this year like pep’s tactics.

• Shaanxz
    20741 posts Club Captain
    I honestly found the ai good to play against compared to last year
  • Campino
    27542 posts Player of the Year
    Mind numbing but the grind is required
  • HBG-unit
    971 posts Professional
    Currently elite one and have played 12 games total, have today's and tomorrow's should get 8 done to confirm elite 1... 30k coins and two big boy packs there was no other way to spend the few hours we got.

Rivals will get handled on release, as well as squad battles then il probably never touch it again
  • number7rocky
    4493 posts National Call-Up

Nope, painful to play the teams with high rated players, sit back ping the ball out wide cross and repeat, it's easy against the lower rated but painful to break the good teams down if you do
  • Orison

Nope, painful to play the teams with high rated players, sit back ping the ball out wide cross and repeat, it's easy against the lower rated but painful to break the good teams down if you do

AI can't defend 2 things. The wings and drag backs. You basically send a winger on a run and then drag back back and forth waiting for an opening to cut inside and then finesse or sweat.
  • Danic123
    Orison wrote: »

AI can't defend 2 things. The wings and drag backs. You basically send a winger on a run and then drag back back and forth waiting for an opening to cut inside and then finesse or sweat.

I can repeatedly get to the byline & into the 18 yard box in a great position with a full back on overload, but the next part I mostly stuff up. Still scoring cut backs, but far less than what I really should be doing. Frustrating...
  • xFATAL
    4620 posts National Call-Up
    Struggling on Legendary so playing all my games on World class for now which is less frustrating. AI seems to stick to my players like glue.
  • Campino
    27542 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 21
    Got 5 hours left and I’m on 13,000 points, all legendary but I’m only scoring 2/3

Should get elite 1 If I can be bothered after a weekend of work
  • Orison
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »

I can repeatedly get to the byline & into the 18 yard box in a great position with a full back on overload, but the next part I mostly stuff up. Still scoring cut backs, but far less than what I really should be doing. Frustrating...

The passing is an issue.

It passes to the wrong person so much, it's insane. Then you watch back the instant replay and you aimed it perfectly, it selected the right player...and then it randomly switches despite you not changing the pass direction.