Comments

• Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Also stop calling him young
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner
    Jenko wrote: »

He is young? No youngster but young. Same with Pogba, just that Pogba got way more potential.
  • ViVaWhom
    7906 posts League Winner
    edited April 2017
    2017-04-07-08_46_57-Player-_-Team-_-Football-_-Stats-Comparison-Tool-_-Squawka.com-Opera.png

but young players dont perform under jose

thats also pretty much story of our season :lol: huge increase in chance creation but less goals :lol:
  • Jenko
    He isn't young
  • Retro_G
    28206 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Look at Lingards conversion rate in the link above. You lot keep telling yourself that these kids are ready, when they're obviously not up to scratch.

24-years-old and not up to scratch, but worthy of 75k a week?

Class.

I never said he was worth 75k. I believe the majority of young players at big teams are overpaid. It's the reason so many potential kids flop. The money goes to their head. The average age for a footballer to hit is peak is 27.
  • Retro_G
    28206 posts Player of the Year
    He is young

Fixed.
  • Jenko
    edited April 2017
    Alli is on 50k a week and, as an actual young player (4 years Lingard's junior), is 10x the player Jesse will ever be. There's no way he should still be at your club dabbing and shouting 'ooo watch me watch me' before he skies a free kick
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner
    Can't really compare Lingard with Alli. Alli is a great talent.

Rashford and Alli can be compared, but Lingard isn't the same class/potential. Not yet atleast.
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner

If Pogba scored most of these, we would talk about him as one of the best this season.
  • ViVaWhom
    7906 posts League Winner
    that move against city.. holy ****

and people say our football isnt great to watch?
  • arsenalap
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    Sellish wrote: »

He is young? No youngster but young. Same with Pogba, just that Pogba got way more potential.

It depends what you're using the term young for. If it's to say he has a lot of years left playing then that's true yes.

If it's to say he can still become a class player then that isn't true, as most class players have shown by 24 how much potential they have.
  • Jenko

Rashford and Alli can be compared, but Lingard isn't the same class/potential. Not yet atleast.

Precisely. They are totally incomparable players in practically every facet of the game because Alli is vastly superior at everything, yet some United fans are defending the decision to offer Lingard a contract worth 150% of Alli's. And wonder why they're ****.
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner

Precisely. They are totally incomparable players in practically every facet of the game because Alli is vastly superior at everything, yet some United fans are defending the decision to offer Lingard a contract worth 150% of Alli's. And wonder why they're ****.

Alli is going to get an insane raise soon or he will move. More deserved then Lingard but they are both English international at the end of the day.

But ofcourse this contract extension is ridiculous.
  • Jenko
    Alli only signed a new deal in September. You're right, he'll sign another soon, but even then he was on the back of winning YPOTY. Lingard had just won a dinner tray.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31693 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    @Retro_G You stated over the past few days that you believe Lingard should be sold and our squad was weak due to players like him. Today, Mourinho extended his contract.

Will you come out and reject/condemn Mourinho's decision?

Eh, never said Lingard should be sold. I said he wasn't ready, should be a bit player next season. I don't want our young prospects to be sold, although they're not yet good enough to be starters.

I acknowledge their potential. Lingard has statistically been our best young forward this season.

Lingard hasn't progressed at all since being in the first team squad.
    Look at Lingards conversion rate in the link above. You lot keep telling yourself that these kids are ready, when they're obviously not up to scratch.

24-years-old and not up to scratch, but worthy of 75k a week?

Class.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited April 2017
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    2017-04-07-08_46_57-Player-_-Team-_-Football-_-Stats-Comparison-Tool-_-Squawka.com-Opera.png

but young players dont perform under jose

thats also pretty much story of our season :lol: huge increase in chance creation but less goals :lol:

Congrats. You shared stats from a player who one season played under a managers overly cautious play style, to one that's more attacking.

That genuinely doesn't prove anything about the player himself.

You can do this same with with many players who have played under 2 different managers in 2 years
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner
    My city Stockholm just suffered from what we think is a terrorist attack. Also the town the europa league final is going to be in.

If any fellow sweds is here, I hope you're well!
    Vi går igenom det här tillsammans!
  • Jenko
    Stay safe mate
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner
    Stay safe mate

Thanks mate. I'm safe atm, worried about some family who is near the chaos.

You read about stuff like this all the time but when it happens where you live, stuff like this makes you think.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Yeah I saw all that about a guy driving a truck through pedestrians.

Stay safe guys
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    ... The Manchester United figures are before tax too, you know? Neymar's salary is a lot higher than that, btw. Like, a fair whack higher.

As I said, Barcelona's wage wouldn't take that much expenditure unless those three were on crazy wages. We pay our players a lot of money, but Madrid and Barcelona blow us out of the water with what their superstars are on.

Yeah Barcelona pay their 3 superstars more but we pay more on average at least at the beginning of the season, wit Schweiny off the books though helps a lot. We had 5 or 6 players earning over 200k a week Barcelona only have 3.
  • Jenko
    Stay safe mate

You read about stuff like this all the time but when it happens where you live, stuff like this makes you think.

Yeah I know what you mean mate, during the Westminster attacks a couple of weeks ago I remember thinking the same thing. Mental to think what was happening on a bridge I'd been over so many times in the last few months.
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    Mourinho refusing to comment on Januzaj's future as if we don't already know what's in store for him.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    CM10 wrote: »
    Mourinho refusing to comment on Januzaj's future as if we don't already know what's in store for him.

Exactly. I'd be shocked if he even attempts to work with him. He'll avoid that attitude and not even try and help
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Stay safe mate

I'll be working as a volunteer for the final, hope nothing happens then
  • Sellish
    8978 posts League Winner
    Stay safe mate

Yeah I know what you mean mate, during the Westminster attacks a couple of weeks ago I remember thinking the same thing. Mental to think what was happening on a bridge I'd been over so many times in the last few months.

Yea exactly, awful feeling..
    Stay safe mate

I'll be working as a volunteer for the final, hope nothing happens then

I've got myself a ticket for the game, I really hope the same as you.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    On the Sweden attack, they are saying they found undetonated explosives in the truck.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    On the Sweden attack, they are saying they found undetonated explosives in the truck.

Yup, apparently a home made bomb