Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    I can't imagine Lingard will actually earn as much as the reports are saying but if he's on anything close to £100k a week then that's as good a justification as any to re-evaluate the wage structure.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Alexis to United lmao
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Jenko wrote: »
    Alexis to United lmao

you need good grafters for the Europa League tbf
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    100k for Lingaard. Guess that's gonna mean a pay rise for everyone else too. How sad is it when a slightly better than average squad player who isn't even a starter gets 100k a week!?! Deary me...

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31661 posts National Team Captain
    100k for Lingaard. Guess that's gonna mean a pay rise for everyone else too. How sad is it when a slightly better than average squad player who isn't even a starter gets 100k a week!?! Deary me...

It's honesty embarrassing. The guy isn't even worth of 50k a week
  • FLASHFLUSH1

I could tolerate 50k a week, it's still silly money but I guess the norm these days but 100k? Wow.
    Players like Kane, Coutinho, mane are probably on that kind of money... pretty poor again by us. I know we're filthy rich but still...
  • XxRichiexRichxX

I could tolerate 50k a week, it's still silly money but I guess the norm these days but 100k? Wow.
    Players like Kane, Coutinho, mane are probably on that kind of money... pretty poor again by us. I know we're filthy rich but still...

50k is still generous imo. Anyone can run just run around the pitch like a headless chicken
  • Ahmer50x
    17199 posts World Class
    Fairly sure that's one of our lowest senior earners. Fair enough.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Think the wages in your club have gotten a bit out of hand. You lot have to have the biggest total salary in the entire league, i'd imagine?
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    edited April 2017
    Snipguy wrote: »

Think the wages in your club have gotten a bit out of hand. You lot have to have the biggest total salary in the entire league, i'd imagine?

Try in the entire world. We pay better than Madrid and Barcelona. Defo a bit of madness going on since Fergie left.
    Unfortunately we've had to overpay for players and hand them bigger contracts to get them here without CL
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something

Try in the entire world. We pay better than Madrid and Barcelona. Defo a bit of madness going on since Fergie left.
    Unfortunately we've had to overpay for players and hand them bigger contracts to get them here without CL

Yeah, that's quite nuts. Not really a sustainable trend if things stay the same way.
  • Jenko
    Been paying Ashley Young 110k a week for God knows how long
  • Ahmer50x
    17199 posts World Class
    Jenko wrote: »
    Been paying Ashley Young 110k a week for God knows how long

Prime example of the kind of player we need to offload.

His super backup winger/wingback role is the one I'd be giving to Lingard.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    lingard for 75k a week is grand when ibra is on like 600k to stroll around and miss 17 clear chances
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner

Try in the entire world. We pay better than Madrid and Barcelona.
    Not a chance. Barcelona's wage is like 70% of their expenditure. Messi, Neymar and Suarez are on crazy wages. Real is most likely the same. Bale for instance, is on £600,000 a week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37815951
  • Jenko
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    lingard for 75k a week is grand when ibra is on like 600k to stroll around and miss 17 clear chances

Very true
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ridikuluz wrote: »

Not a chance. Barcelona's wage is like 70% of their expenditure. Messi, Neymar and Suarez are on crazy wages. Real is most likely the same. Bale for instance, is on £600,000 a week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37815951

Tbf, Barca don't exactly splash in the transfer windows like we and RM do, they can get away with that.

Give it a summer or two, we will likely be matching if not more, especially if Rooney and/or Ibra end up staying.

Club should to a massive contract restructuring, drop everybodies wages by like 10-15%. Obviously won't ever happen, but should.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »

Lmao. Great way to look at it.
  • Ahmer50x
    17199 posts World Class
    Give it a summer or two, we will likely be matching if not more, especially if Rooney and/or Ibra end up staying.

If Rooney sticks around as a squad player, I'd imagine his wages would drop considerably.
  • FLASHFLUSH1

600k a week before tax. Around 350 afterwards. Pogbas on 290, ibra 220, Rooney 260 neymar is only 15k more at 275
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    edited April 2017
    ... The Manchester United figures are before tax too, you know? Neymar's salary is a lot higher than that, btw. Like, a fair whack higher.

As I said, Barcelona's wage wouldn't take that much expenditure unless those three were on crazy wages. We pay our players a lot of money, but Madrid and Barcelona blow us out of the water with what their superstars are on.
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    edited April 2017
    ... The Manchester United figures are before tax too, you know?

Are they? My bad if they are I thought they weren't.
    Pogbas definitely 220 after tax.
  • Ahmer50x
    17199 posts World Class
    @Retro_G You stated over the past few days that you believe Lingard should be sold and our squad was weak due to players like him. Today, Mourinho extended his contract.

Will you come out and reject/condemn Mourinho's decision?
  • hankiecutsit
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    oof
  • CM10
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017

I had no idea Bale earned so much. That's crazy money.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    @Retro_G You stated over the past few days that you believe Lingard should be sold and our squad was weak due to players like him. Today, Mourinho extended his contract.

Eh, never said Lingard should be sold. I said he wasn't ready, should be a bit player next season. I don't want our young prospects to be sold, although they're not yet good enough to be starters.

I acknowledge their potential. Lingard has statistically been our best young forward this season.
  • Sellish
    8887 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »

Eh, never said Lingard should be sold. I said he wasn't ready, should be a bit player next season. I don't want our young prospects to be sold, although they're not yet good enough to be starters.

I acknowledge their potential. Lingard has statistically been our best young forward this season.

He is also 24. 3 years older then Martial and 5 years older then Rashford.
  • Jenko
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Look at Lingards conversion rate in the link above. You lot keep telling yourself that these kids are ready, when they're obviously not up to scratch.

24-years-old and not up to scratch, but worthy of 75k a week?

Class.