Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Evra wrote: »
    When I say 'physically imposing' I mean someone who is combatative with decent stature in combination with astute technical abilities. The ideal example is of course somebody like Pogba or Koke, but also lesser players like Schneiderlin, Xhaka, Nainggolan, maybe even Strootman or Gündogan if either fully recovers.

Ah physically imposing is misleading you should of just said an imposing midfielder. Strootman would be a good player but he has he recovered fully from those injuries and still playing like he used to?

• Welbeck
    5102 posts Big Money Move
    Fellaini is fine, lads :)
  • PES
    5170 posts Big Money Move
    I'd definitely go for Gündogan. He's becoming more physically imposing with every injury. rowDVrG.png
  • xXBarkleyXx
    PES wrote: »
    I'd definitely go for Gündogan. He's becoming more physically imposing with every injury. rowDVrG.png

:trollface:
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Welbeck wrote: »
    Fellaini is fine, lads :)

He's having a fine season. But like I said about Liverpool last year all over the park needs to be strengthen if United are planning on getting through to the latter stages of the champions league. The strike force is ageing , the midfield could use some more quality and the defence could definitely use some quality.
  • Welbeck
    nah, Fellaini is fine. Wanyama destroyed the Barcelona midfield, why not Fellaini? :)
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Welbeck wrote: »
    nah, Fellaini is fine. Wanyama destroyed the Barcelona midfield, why not Fellaini? :)

:trollface: everyone's entitled to a good game that was wanyamas :lol:
  • ViVaWhom
    5471 posts Big Money Move
    hRRJ5G0.gif
  • PES
    lol.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    9414 posts League Winner
    Really, I don't think we need to sign a midfielder for it's own sake at this point. We need the complete midfielder: somebody who can combine the physicality of Fellaini with the skill of Herrera (kinda like Pogba?). If we can get that, wonderful. If not, then there's no point to signing someone to make up the numbers.

(Also, I wouldn't go for Strootman or Gundogan at this point...they haven't put their injury worries behind them and as we've learned from Hargreaves and Falcao, that should matter more than anything else)
  • We have no depth.
  • Ahmer50x
    9414 posts League Winner
    Don't necessarily agree with that. I think we need 4-5 players this summer, but that's mostly due to quality issues rather than quantity.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Don't necessarily agree with that. I think we need 4-5 players this summer, but that's mostly due to quality issues rather than quantity.

I agree with you all areas of the pitch need some more quality added if United are to progress further than Liverpool could manage.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ings to United seems interesting if the rumours of true. He could be for United what remy is for Chelsea as in he wouldn't command a starting spot but could still chip in with a few goals from the bench and a few starts.
  • Welbeck
    yep, you're Gotze.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    I'm gotze muller robben already anymore accusations you want to make against me?
  • Sellish
    6420 posts Big Money Move
    Haven't seen this thread until now so let me jump in.
    We're talking transfers?
    Don't think we need like 5 more players. The lads have just started to work together.
    Obviously we need a defender. LVGs dream about the partnership with Smalling and Jones doesn't cut it. I do still see potential in Jones to become a good starter. Can't see it in Smalling tho'.

Depay would be a great buy. Not what we need but he look promising.
  • Ings is pretty average. The positive to take is that it does show tact from van Gaal. We're thankfully not out for another expensive useless striker, but one on in reserve to play a sizeable amount of games. Hopefully as both RvP and Falcao's replacement, with Wilson as cover. Stylistically, he's a forward with decent pace, half decent hold-up play and a fantastic engine. Parallels were drawn on the Caf with Olic, who played a lot under Louis Bayern, I believe.

Also, Gary Neville did an excellent analysis on Rooney's role in the derby last night. Likewise with Big Chris at the back, he was commanding his teammates, taking authority in a high line. I pray that Lord of Light has mercy on his fitness for the years to come.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ings is pretty average. The positive to take is that it does show tact from van Gaal. We're thankfully not out for another expensive useless striker, but one on in reserve to play a sizeable amount of games. Hopefully as both RvP and Falcao's replacement, with Wilson as cover. Stylistically, he's a forward with decent pace, half decent hold-up play and a fantastic engine. Parallels were drawn on the Caf with Olic, who played a lot under Louis Bayern, I believe.

Also, Gary Neville did an excellent analysis on Rooney's role in the derby last night. Likewise with Big Chris at the back, he was commanding his teammates, taking authority in a high line. I pray that Lord of Light has mercy on his fitness for the years to come.

there's rumours United see him as a future England international. Like I said previously he could be uniteds version a remy a guy who can get goals and doesn't expect to start every game a 5/6mill comp fee for ings is a bargain compared to the 40-45mill quoted for falcao.
  • PES
    You should have kept Welbz. It could have been so easy.
  • xXBarkleyXx

I like d welbz but as shown at arsenal he's just as bad as when he was at United physically he's good but technically his dribbling is awful and his finishing isn't top notch. His workrate is second to none though
  • Evra
    2236 posts
    edited April 2015
    It is done. Big Chris has as many league goals. With less minutes. :joy:

If he ever manages to hit his potential (which he won't, at least for a while) Giroud is first choice and will be for a while. He needs consistent opportunity upfront.
  • PES

I like d welbz but as shown at arsenal he's just as bad as when he was at United physically he's good but technically his dribbling is awful and his finishing isn't top notch. His workrate is second to none though
    I don't get why he's being criticized for his technique. His dribbling and overall technical abilities are perfectly satisfying for a striker, which is what he is.
  • xXBarkleyXx

I don't get why he's being criticized for his technique. His dribbling and overall technical abilities are perfectly satisfying for a striker, which is what he is.

He seems to over run it a lot of the time for me his dribbling isn't very controlled. He has time to improve but it depends if he's given time as he central striker but with OG's form I doubt he will
  • Sellish
    6420 posts Big Money Move

Well his playstyle requires better dribbling and finishing.
  • Ahmer50x
    9414 posts League Winner
    Ings would be a fine signing imo. Evra's description of him was spot on, and I think he could get 10-15 goals next season as our Remy. With Wazza leading the line and young James Wilson also on call if needed, I think we'd be set up front.

As to the defenders, personally I hope Louis sticks to the 4 first team + 2 youth model with center backs. Keep Jones, Smalling, Rojo, McNair, and Blackett while bombing out Evans and replacing him with a top quality CB.
  • PES
    LouLou should make an exception for Miranda and sign him instead of Hummels.
  • Evra
    2236 posts
    edited April 2015
    An exception? The left sided stuff? He played Jones at LCB in the derby when Rojo was still fit so I think he's over that.
    Ah. You mean Brazilian? :joy:

Chelsea are interested I heard. Mourinho will probably get him.
  • PES
    Ah. You mean Brazilian? :joy:
    Of course. 3930007226.gif

He'd be a typical MouMou signing, top CB.

• PES
    CClXEc6W8AEyJTW.jpg
    On the left. :grimace: