Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Tornado31619
    33468 posts National Team Captain
    Not seeing any SMS links.
  • Low Ki
    14475 posts Has That Special Something
    Ah, the show where Florentino Perez announced the Super League.

They're basically his mouthpiece, right?
  • Low Ki
  • Bobo23
    5172 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 18
    When's the cutoff for signing players to be available on Monday?

I know it's noon on Friday for Saturday/Sunday games, same for Monday games or not?
  • limjitwe
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    monday is 3rd league game
    We made only one serious deal thr whole transfer window

our worst transfer window ever

Casemiro, SMS, Dest and Gakpo.., done!

no chance both SMS and casemiro? we are united and having mourtough

You can’t blame a guy for dreaming.
  • Low Ki
    edited August 18
    You have to believe Glazers are approving this hoping to silence or quiet the protests.
  • arsenalap
    14230 posts Has That Special Something
    Yh you're gonna want a 180 not a 360. Tbh, at this point you'd probably take a 10.
  • Mike_Pickford
    4015 posts National Call-Up
    Here's a wild take that I'm going to drop, disappear for a few hours and then come back to dissect.

The Glazers have been more supportive owners than FSG.

Go nuts, guys.
  • Cyodine
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Here's a wild take that I'm going to drop, disappear for a few hours and then come back to dissect.

Go nuts, guys.

Elaborate a bit please?

Just because they might spend a lot more than us doesn't mean they're actually investing in the club or strengthening it beyond the point from when they took over.

FSG have rebuilt our club and heavily invested in the structure in order to groom future success, I can't say the Glazers have done that for United.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    Surely you'd play VDB or Eriksen next to Casemiro if the move pans out. With a proper DM in Casemiro, Eriksen and VDM would have more license to get involved with the attack and help control the midfield.
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Could you imagine, unsure where Bruno plays though

De Gea
    Varane - Maguire - Martinez
    Dest - Casemiro - Milinkovic-Savic - Malacia
    Sancho - Ronaldo - Gakpo

Or
    De Gea
    Dest - Varane - Maguire - Martinez
    Casemiro - Milinkovic-Savic
    Sancho - Bruno - Gakpo
    Ronaldo

I would pair Martinez with Casemiro and start Malacia otherwise I would much prefer the 3atb but instead of 3 front start 2 but have Bruno and Eriksen in a 5 mid
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    VVD4 wrote: »

De Gea
    Sancho - Ronaldo - Gakpo

Or
    De Gea
    Sancho - Bruno - Gakpo
    Ronaldo

that would transfer our whole year 360 degree

360 puts you right back where you started.

:lol:
  • yosef167
    5671 posts Big Money Move

De Gea
    Sancho - Ronaldo - Gakpo

Or
    De Gea
    Sancho - Bruno - Gakpo
    Ronaldo

that would transfer our whole year 360 degree

360 puts you right back where you started.

still better than being in minus and regelation battle team🤣🤣😅
  • yosef167
    5671 posts Big Money Move
    wait a minute
    so we have bought 5 times UCL winners
    Varane, Casem hero , CR7
    and then we told them Maguire is your Captain 🥲🥲🥲 dont know if. should cry
  • Mike_Pickford
    Cyodine wrote: »

Go nuts, guys.

Elaborate a bit please?

Just because they might spend a lot more than us doesn't mean they're actually investing in the club or strengthening it beyond the point from when they took over.

FSG have rebuilt our club and heavily invested in the structure in order to groom future success, I can't say the Glazers have done that for United.

I don't think it's FSG that's done that. It's largely been Klopp and Michael Edwards that have transformed Liverpool. Before they arrived, you'd made marginal progress under the first few years of FSG's reign, outside that ridiculous Suarez season. I guess FSG deserves credit for attracting those guys in and giving them the keys to the castle so to speak, but I think if you put those two men in place at Old Trafford, they'd have done a similar, if not better job.

Can't really argue about the stadium and infrastructure stuff. United have neglected that for years, but I do remember there being grand plans to build a new Anfield - would have been done in an area that could have been developed to be like a football hub, similar to what our owners have done at the Etihad, and Spurs are doing now. Instead, they patched up Anfield and called it a day after being put off by the cost.

Investment in the playing squad is night and day. FSG rarely, if ever, puts their hands in their pockets. Any time Liverpool has spent big under their ownership, it's been propagated by major sales. By contrast, United spend big every year. Not just in terms of transfer fees, but wages too. The decision making is beyond bad, but that's down to the people the Glazers have put in place at the top of the club. Clowns like Woodward and now, Arnold. I guess, in that sense, you could say FSG has been more supportive in that they've taken the time to identify the right people, so I'll concede to you there.

I just think they're very similar, FSG and the Glazers. They both see the clubs as investment tools that bring in money for them each year. Nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting that United fans seem to universally hate the Glazers, while you never hear a peep from Liverpool fans about FSG. I guess that's because of the success seen since Klopp came in...

I actually think FSG are holding you back right now though. You're succeeding in spite of them, not because of them. Even this summer, you're gonna have a net spend of around zero. That might have been different had you been able to get Tchouameni, agreed, but it's clear you guys need midfield support. You could probably go out and get Bellingham if FSG put up the funds, as the Glazers continually do for United, but they're not.
  • Teh Zombz
    5477 posts Big Money Move
    the glazers have invested nothing into this club in the last 10 years i'm pretty sure
  • Mike_Pickford
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    the glazers have invested nothing into this club in the last 10 years i'm pretty sure

I guess, if we're looking at it like strictly putting cash into the club. If the Glazers wanted to, they could have gotten away with doing a similar thing to Liverpool - 30/40m net spend and just pocketed the rest of the money. Instead, they've consistently spent 100m+. You could argue that the fans wouldn't have accepted anything less, but the Glazers' reputation is already about as bad as it could get. The situation has seemed untenable for years. If all they truly cared about was the money, why continue to spend more? The last 10 years have shown that the United machine does not depend on success. They could have bled the club and drained funds much more than they have imo.
  • VVD4
    7101 posts Big Money Move

Go nuts, guys.

Elaborate a bit please?

I don't think it's FSG that's done that. It's largely been Klopp and Michael Edwards that have transformed Liverpool. Before they arrived, you'd made marginal progress under the first few years of FSG's reign, outside that ridiculous Suarez season. I guess FSG deserves credit for attracting those guys in and giving them the keys to the castle so to speak, but I think if you put those two men in place at Old Trafford, they'd have done a similar, if not better job.

Can't really argue about the stadium and infrastructure stuff. United have neglected that for years, but I do remember there being grand plans to build a new Anfield - would have been done in an area that could have been developed to be like a football hub, similar to what our owners have done at the Etihad, and Spurs are doing now. Instead, they patched up Anfield and called it a day after being put off by the cost.

Investment in the playing squad is night and day. FSG rarely, if ever, puts their hands in their pockets. Any time Liverpool has spent big under their ownership, it's been propagated by major sales. By contrast, United spend big every year. Not just in terms of transfer fees, but wages too. The decision making is beyond bad, but that's down to the people the Glazers have put in place at the top of the club. Clowns like Woodward and now, Arnold. I guess, in that sense, you could say FSG has been more supportive in that they've taken the time to identify the right people, so I'll concede to you there.

I just think they're very similar, FSG and the Glazers. They both see the clubs as investment tools that bring in money for them each year. Nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting that United fans seem to universally hate the Glazers, while you never hear a peep from Liverpool fans about FSG. I guess that's because of the success seen since Klopp came in...

I actually think FSG are holding you back right now though. You're succeeding in spite of them, not because of them. Even this summer, you're gonna have a net spend of around zero. That might have been different had you been able to get Tchouameni, agreed, but it's clear you guys need midfield support. You could probably go out and get Bellingham if FSG put up the funds, as the Glazers continually do for United, but they're not.

United tried to sign Klopp, but they failed. He was put off by the way they described the United project (I think they compared it to Disneyland?). Whereas Klopp was so convinced by FSG's sales pitch that he cut his break from football short to sign for Liverpool. Securing Klopp was no easy feat and FSG deserve credit for bringing him in, along with the likes of Edwards, etc. This is an important detail that shouldn't be brushed under the carpet.
  • VVD4
    They also convinced him to sign an extension to 2026, despite him being so adamant that he wouldn't be doing so.
  • Shshj
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    Casemiro is an incredible signing, one that would’ve been scarcely believable a few days ago.

A lot of money obviously but I doubt anyone cares considering how much of an upgrade he is upon Fred and McTominay.
  • Mike_Pickford

Go nuts, guys.

Elaborate a bit please?

United tried to sign Klopp, but they failed. He was put off by the way they described the United project (I think they compared it to Disneyland?). Whereas Klopp was so convinced by FSG's sales pitch that he cut his break from football short to sign for Liverpool. Securing Klopp was no easy feat and FSG deserve credit for bringing him in, along with the likes of Edwards, etc. This is an important detail that shouldn't be brushed under the carpet.

Yeah, and that's fair enough, I say in the next paragraph that FSG does deserve credit for identifying and getting the right people in place. That's where the big difference has been. Maybe they would have invested more if you hadn't been so successful, I guess we'll never know.

Was having a debate with friends last night, two United fans, one Liverpool fan and it was incredible how the United fans just shat all over the Glazers, while the Liverpool fan thought FSG were among the best owners in football. They're very similar imo.
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    Shshj wrote: »
    Casemiro is an incredible signing, one that would’ve been scarcely believable a few days ago.

A lot of money obviously but I doubt anyone cares considering how much of an upgrade he is upon Fred and McTominay.

We have been asking for a signing like that in the last few seasons.. I think the fans don’t care what we spend as long as the DM is filled
  • CFCsjmishra
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a weird one because Casemiro is already 30. By the time ETH builds other areas of the squad in 1-2 seasons, Casemiro might already be regressing (he has been playing at a very top level for quite some time and PL is much more demanding). So, he might just prove to be a stop-gap measure while you guys look for a long term DM to challenge for the title
  • VVD4

Go nuts, guys.

Elaborate a bit please?

Yeah, and that's fair enough, I say in the next paragraph that FSG does deserve credit for identifying and getting the right people in place. That's where the big difference has been. Maybe they would have invested more if you hadn't been so successful, I guess we'll never know.

Was having a debate with friends last night, two United fans, one Liverpool fan and it was incredible how the United fans just shat all over the Glazers, while the Liverpool fan thought FSG were among the best owners in football. They're very similar imo.

United fans are deluded, that's why. They're just looking for any excuse/someone to blame when in reality, the whole club is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show.

The way @Kman was trying to make out like the United owners don't back the manager was simply astonishing. Their net spend over the past 10 years is either the most, or the second most (with the other being City) yet United fans are so incredibly deluded that they think the managers don't get backed :D
  • Mike_Pickford
    Shshj wrote: »

Potentially transformative imo. Price will be mental, as will the wages, but if he comes in and performs at roughly the same level as he's done for Real, it'll give United their first genuine top holding midfielder since Carrick/Hargreaves (pre-injury).
  • arsenalap
    14230 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a gamble.

He's world class, but he'll be on monster wages and probably a 4 year deal.

It's again a short term fix signing, so you'd have to get into the CL this season or next for it to be worth it.

Considering you need upgrades at: GK, RB, CB, RW, ST on top of Casemiro, it's if you can do all of that this summer and next summer, whilst getting a playing style and all of them to gel.
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    Feel like Casemiro will either kill it and transform Man Utd now they have a world class DM to stop the defence getting exposed and dominate the midfield or it will be a flop like Varane, injured a lot, looks average now he's not at a strong team like Madrid, on massive wages so the hunger is gone.