Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • UM4R
    4873 posts Moderator
    Smudge wrote: »
    Glad to hear we’ve pulled out of Arnautovic. Very intrigued to hear who was the backup to that abomination :D

    Just have to look for old strikers available for cheap (ideally free)
  • Low Ki
    14475 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah he's a pretty big racist. I could do without him.
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    So it's come out who Rangnick what have recommended

    January: Alvarez
    Summer: Nkunku before signing new contract, Laimer and Gvardiol. (All Leipzig players) plus more I'd assume.
  • Arsenalfan97
    9336 posts League Winner
    Sms is just the new sneijder been linked with you guys since the dawn of time usually from poor Italian sources. United themselves probably putting it out there this time to try and stop the negativity
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    Rabiot is almost deal Done I’m reading and thank GOD someone’s senses kicked back at the club that pulled out of Arnatovic deal.

    This is sad
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChCW1U9g0EN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    Honestly don't care much if this deal goes through or not so it is what it is. Just glad we pulled out of the Arnautovic deal.

  • arsenalap
    14230 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »

    I like Gakpo. Could be a good signing.
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    edited August 9
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

    I like Gakpo. Could be a good signing.

    He's obviously much better on the left than right kind of like Sancho and Rashford which is what puts me off him for us. He's a good talent that would do well in the PL even time to adapt I think, forcing him on the right is a bad idea though.
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    They can rescue this window if they get Milinkovic Savic, Gakpo and a DM and maybe a striker not sure who. Forget Rabiot before it's too late
  • G000ner
    8935 posts League Winner
    Why did you need to lose to Brighton to actually sign a midfielder.

    I could have told you before you were going to lose to Brighton
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    edited August 9
    More and more journalist saying FDJ doesn't want to join Man Utd, so why did they think they could get him for a whole 2 months and have no plan B?
  • UM4R
    4873 posts Moderator
    Glad we pulled out of Arnautovic deal, should do the same for Rabiot deal. Honestly isn't that good, and by all accounts no one knows his best position or role and he's 27.

    Gakpo looks decent but going to erdervise heavy isn't a good idea, alot more players have struggled coming over from there than successes
  • limjitwe
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    Gimme SMS, Gakpo, and a decent striker like maybe Sasa Kalajdzic + a decent DM or to an extent Rabiot. This would be a good window for me and probably most fans.

    These would cost around £100m for these few which is extremely viable
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain
    edited August 9
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gimme SMS, Gakpo, and a decent striker like maybe Sasa Kalajdzic + a decent DM or to an extent Rabiot. This would be a good window for me and probably most fans.

    These would cost around £100m for these few which is extremely viable

    You are joking

    SMS £65m at the very least
    Gakpo £45m at the very least
    Rabiot £15m or a DM much more, Rabiot is not a DM so don't expect him to play there, if you get SMS, Rabiot will be a bench player
    Kalajdzic £25m

    £150m and that's being kind, closer it gets to deadline day the more the price goes up with the selling club rushing to find a replacement
  • Low Ki
    14475 posts Has That Special Something
    Rabiot was actually a decent ball winning midfielder for PSG. His mother tried to bully Blanc into making him play like a Pogba type midfielders because she wanted to see her son "score more goals".
  • limjitwe
    10088 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gimme SMS, Gakpo, and a decent striker like maybe Sasa Kalajdzic + a decent DM or to an extent Rabiot. This would be a good window for me and probably most fans.

    These would cost around £100m for these few which is extremely viable

    You are joking

    SMS £65m at the very least
    Gakpo £45m at the very least
    Rabiot £15m or a DM much more, Rabiot is not a DM so don't expect him to play there, if you get SMS, Rabiot will be a bench player
    Kalajdzic £25m

    £150m and that's being kind, closer it gets to deadline day the more the price goes up with the selling club rushing to find a replacement

    The numbers i mentioned are from the rumours and gossip columns. The numbers you quoted are in € from what I read.

    SMS 57
    Gakpo 35
    Rab 15
    Sasa 15

    Ok maybe £120m

    If we get SMS and Rabiot, I don’t see us getting any other central midfielders for this window. Then also hope we can get a couple more sales to trim the squad more
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    Rabiot I think is the end of McT and whether we get SMS/another mid will decide if he starts or becomes a role player.
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 10
    Welcome the Gakpo links. Looks like he gets his head up far more than Rashford and has decent service into the box but also a cracking shot. Wouldn’t pay more than 50m for him but
    Post edited by Kman on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    Kinda wish we'd walk away from Rabiot and toss a short contract at Herrera if he'd accept.
  • Cyodine
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    A lot of contracts ending at the end of this season for United.

    Rashford
    Shaw
    Ronaldo
    Dalot
    DDG
    Fred
  • UM4R
    4873 posts Moderator
    Kinda wish we'd walk away from Rabiot and toss a short contract at Herrera if he'd accept.

    Same don't see Rabiot as a massive improvement to the squad. Buy a proper box to box or defensive mid and put Garner next to them.
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    UM4R wrote: »
    Kinda wish we'd walk away from Rabiot and toss a short contract at Herrera if he'd accept.

    Same don't see Rabiot as a massive improvement to the squad. Buy a proper box to box or defensive mid and put Garner next to them.

    I think he’s the replacement for McT…I think ETH might be done with him after the Brighton game.
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    Cyodine wrote: »
    A lot of contracts ending at the end of this season for United.

    Rashford
    Shaw
    Ronaldo
    Dalot
    DDG
    Fred

    Probably Rashford, Shaw and Dalot get renewed for convenience sake.

  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35722 posts World Cup Winner
    Kman wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    Kinda wish we'd walk away from Rabiot and toss a short contract at Herrera if he'd accept.

    Same don't see Rabiot as a massive improvement to the squad. Buy a proper box to box or defensive mid and put Garner next to them.

    I think he’s the replacement for McT…I think ETH might be done with him after the Brighton game.

    Well he's supposedly been after Rabiot for a while, so not sure the Brighton game had anything to do with whether or not to sign him. Maybe just expedited the process haha
  • Kman
    4306 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    Kinda wish we'd walk away from Rabiot and toss a short contract at Herrera if he'd accept.

    Same don't see Rabiot as a massive improvement to the squad. Buy a proper box to box or defensive mid and put Garner next to them.

    I think he’s the replacement for McT…I think ETH might be done with him after the Brighton game.

    Well he's supposedly been after Rabiot for a while, so not sure the Brighton game had anything to do with whether or not to sign him. Maybe just expedited the process haha

    Haha yeah most likely. But I think whether we get SMS or not will determine what kinda playing time he gets.
  • Ashy
    22040 posts Club Captain

    So Sky are now saying De Jong has agreed a contract with Man Utd
Sign In or Register to comment.