• yosef167
    6406 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2022
    i cant get it why everyone seems bothered about ETH list
    those are players that he trusts
    they fit his playing style
    thesr players will allow him adapt his games
    those players are joining after great year with them clubs

Those players didnt ❤️❤️❤️❤️ see a football pitch yet and everyone trying to assume that we failed in the transfer Window .. when they dont succes you have the right to say ETH doing it wrong

people was expecting us to bring finished neymar and Bale?

secondly we have changed our scouting team last month
    if you think they could bring Good scouting reports in few weeks then you all are wrong
  • Ashy
    24705 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2022
    yosef167 wrote: »

Those players didnt ❤️❤️❤️❤️ see a football pitch yet and everyone trying to assume that we failed in the transfer Window .. when they dont succes you have the right to say ETH doing it wrong

if you think they could bring Good scouting reports in few weeks then you all are wrong

No I expected you to bring in someone that's more proven and taller than Martinez like Pau Torres, a player the Man Utd scouts highly recommended for a fee of €50m Vs €67m for Martinez.

I expected you to bring in a solid DM someone like Bissouma for £25m.

De Jong fair enough if he wanted to come to partner Bissouma if not quickly move to another target like Tielemans for £25m or Neves or someone alike. Or better yet get Paqueta for £50m since you'd have a solid DM behind him and Bruno

Eriksen is a fair signing no issues with that, the left back is fine I guess I just didn't think you really needed one, you have 3 on the books now.

And Antony well he's not been prolific in the Dutch league and th fee they are demanding is about double what he's worth. I'd quickly move on to other right winger targets or go for a striker and use your 4 wide players you have available there
  • yosef167

So you are fine with
    Malacia
    FDJ
    Eriksen
    bo need to talk much here

Martinez vs Pau
    both was options for ETH and the manager prefered the one that suits more his style and can play in more than position
    add to it the fact he can trust him to make the Dressing room stronger over the one that is taller but slower
    i dont see anyproplem with this decesion even if pau is taller

Bissouma might not be the option ETH believe in so he decided to not go with
    again for me the manager needs to get what does suit his thinking

Antony price is let off thats why we are cheking scammaca

I dont see anyproplem with our transfer activity
  • Ashy
    24705 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2022
    I mean I'm fine with

Eriksen
    Malacia IF you sell Telles
    FDJ IF he actually wanted to come and you wanted a DM in addition to him

Martinez is a MASSIVE risk at CB in the PL over other options available even for a cheaper fee

Antony is just stupid for the price, many better options and I'd say you probably need a striker more

Not that my opinion matters
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    36175 posts World Cup Winner
    edited July 2022
    lmao...it's wild to me that after several seasons of the whole "need to back your manager" discussion...now it's being suggested we shouldn't back him and get him the targets he wants, but to rather override him and go with the targets the scouting department wants? The same scouting department that's currently in the middle of being rebuilt essentially, the same one that Ralf criticized and several have either left or been sacked,

Can't have it both ways. I don't understand the hate over ETH requesting the players he wants/trusts and then the board respecting that and going after him. Even though I agree that Antony's price is laughable and I wouldn't be surprised if that one doesn't happen.
  • Ashy
    24705 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2022
    I mean there is backing your manager then there is your manager only have 1 target for each position.

Arsenal back Arteta but he has other targets in mind too if the price is too high or they don't want to come. (De Jong/Antony/Martinez are examples of not wanting to come or priced very high for you)

Of course you want to get Plan A over the line but I feel Ten Hag is coming across very it's my way or nothing in the market and I tell you what if it doesn't work out these new singings then he falls on his sword.
  • VVD4
    9332 posts League Winner
    edited July 2022
    For me...

Eriksen was a bit pointless. I would have thought ETH would use VDB for the role that I presume Eriksen is going to take. He is a bit of a gamble too, with his health issues. His Brentford stint could feasibly have been a purple patch. By all accounts, he wasn't good in Italy at all. But he was free, so meh...

Malacia looks to be a decent LB that will suit the style that is being implemented. But as @Ashy says, you now have 3 LBs and it wasn't REALLY a problem area, whereas RB is... should that have been prioritised instead?

FDJ is a really good CM signing if he comes, but you have to wonder why United didn't make a DM the priority?

Martinez, if signed for CB, seems incredibly dumb. Especially for the amount spent.

Antony isn't even getting big numbers in the Dutch league, which is saying a lot, to be honest.

The perfect United summer for me, would have been...

A proper DM.
    A tall, strong and fast CB.
    A modern RB.
    A CM.
    A goal scorer.

5 signings. And so far, United have, imo, wasted 3 of them already with Martinez, Eriksen and Malacia.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ashy wrote: »
    I mean there is backing your manager then there is your manager only have 1 target for each position.

Arsenal back Arteta but he has other targets in mind too if the price is too high or they don't want to come. (De Jong/Antony/Martinez are examples of not wanting to come or priced very high for you)

Of course you want to get Plan A over the line but I feel Ten Hag is coming across very it's my way or nothing in the market and I tell you what if it doesn't work out these new singings then he falls on his sword.

I don't believe there's 1 target per position, I'm sure he's got backup options. I believe it seems more that he's been in contact with certain players and is confident that they are willing to come, and then it's up to the board to get it done.

I don't trust many of these Antony rumors right now. That's one I see least likely to get done and tbh, I'm ok with that because as it's been pointed out, the kids not done enough to even remotely warrant the fee being asked. k
  • yosef167
    are people trying to say we have failed with our transfers before our players even went to the pitch or we played a game
    i can get the hate United get but thata huge dumb level
  • VVD4
    9332 posts League Winner
    edited July 2022
    are people trying to say we have failed with our transfers before our players even went to the pitch or we played a game

No, just that it is far more logical to prioritise spending the money on players you actually need. A DM, a tall and fast CB, a modern RB, a CM and a goal scorer.

To United's credit, they did actually try to go for Nunez.

FDJ is a good CM signing if you get it over the line.

That would have left a DM, a tall and fast CB and a modern RB to complete the first 11

But instead...

You've brought in a LB when you already have 2 (Malacia), an extra CM (Eriksen) and a dwarf CB (Martinez).

:D
  • yosef167
    edited July 2022
    VVD4 wrote: »

No, just that it is far more logical to prioritise spending the money on players you actually need. A DM, a tall and fast CB, a modern RB, a CM and a goal scorer.

To United's credit, they did actually try to go for Nunez.

FDJ is a good CM signing if you get it over the line.

That would have left a DM, a tall and fast CB and a modern RB to complete the first 11

But instead...

You've brought in a LB when you already have 2 (Malacia), an extra CM (Eriksen) and a dwarf CB (Martinez).

:D

last season: your both fullback sides are bad
    United bring LB and have RB as target - you did it wrong

last season- you midfield cant hold the ball and bruno doesnt show up in big games he is overated
    United bring eriksen for free and everyone lose them mind that we shouldnt look at our midfielders

i wont talk much about martinez .. let the time decide that the tallest doesnt neccesary to be the better option
    never saw a team scouting players by the Height they have
  • yosef167
    edited July 2022
    its really enough for me that we are finally backing the manager and our all signing have similar abilities and can get the manager the playing style he is planning to play

and please lets not pretend like United have refused to sign Prime maldini and went for Martinez
    or refused to get Ronaldinho and want antony instead
    this is the market
  • Ashy
    24705 posts Club Captain
    An almost perfect Man Utd window would have been..

RB - Mukiele
    CB - Koulibaly
    DM - Bissouma
    CM - De Jong
    ST - Nunez
  • forearms
    6311 posts Big Money Move
    Eriksen and VdB play completely differently. Eriksen creates with his passing and playmaking, Donny with his positioning and runs. We needed another creative playmaker since Pogba has left. That transfer makes perfect sense.
  • yosef167
    edited July 2022

RB - Mukiele
    CB - Koulibaly
    DM - Bissouma
    CM - De Jong
    ST - Nunez

Mukiiele heard he lacks it offensively
    Koulibally - in his prime his weakness was his passing i think.
    Bissouma - the only one would have fitted but i can understand United if it was related to his off pitch attitude
    De jong is de jong a big fit
    Nunez was going to cost 100m and that would mean half of the players yoy mentioned wouldnt come

they are good players but more important is if they fit the manager philosophy
  • arsenalap
    14943 posts Has That Special Something

Think it ju

RB - Mukiele
    CB - Koulibaly
    DM - Bissouma
    CM - De Jong
    ST - Nunez

Mukiiele heard he lacks it offensively
    Koulibally - in his prime his weakness was his passing i think.
    Bissouma - the only one would have fitted but i can understand United if it was related to his off pitch attitude
    De jong is de jong a big fit
    Nunez was going to cost 100m and that would mean half of the players yoy mentioned wouldnt come

they are good players but more important is if they fit the manager philosophy

Koulibaly is quite a good passer.

I understand why you didn't go for the others.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    At the end of the day, ETH can't blame the board for not backing him. Is what it is. Easy to say as fans he should go for this person or that because of money. But ultimately he wants certain players and the board are trying to get them for him.

Id have bailed on FDJ a month ago and gone after Tielemens personally, but I'm not mad that the board are trying to get his target and who he clearly believes is willing to come wage situation aside
  • forearms
    At the end of the day, ETH can't blame the board for not backing him. Is what it is. Easy to say as fans he should go for this person or that because of money. But ultimately he wants certain players and the board are trying to get them for him.

Id have bailed on FDJ a month ago and gone after Tielemens personally, but I'm not mad that the board are trying to get his target and who he clearly believes is willing to come wage situation aside

Obviously de Jong has been speaking with ten Hag during this saga. ETH wouldnt be pursuing him at this point if he thought he didnt want to come to United. Ten Hag already bailed on multiple other targets once it was determined they weren't interested in United. I agree with you completely.
  • El_Nino
    10715 posts Has That Special Something
    I do agree with the United fans here.

Although I don't rate there transfers, can't really blame the board or club for backing ETH. Rival fans including myself have criticized United for years for not backing their managers.

Atleast they are giving ETH every chance to succeed.
  • Cyodine
    6767 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2022
    El_Nino wrote: »

Although I don't rate there transfers, can't really blame the board or club for backing ETH. Rival fans including myself have criticized United for years for not backing their managers.

When haven't United backed their managers? They always spend big money each transfer window but some of their buys have been questionable or just plan out bad or the manager is the issue.

Only Jose wasn't backed when he wanted to get rid of Pogba and it seems he was right about Pogba all along but he still received massive financial backing if I recall correctly.

United is being criticized because it's always the same circus each season since SAF.

• forearms
    Cyodine wrote: »

When haven't United backed their managers? They always spend big money each transfer window but some of their buys have been questionable or just plan out bad or the manager is the issue.

Only Jose wasn't backed when he wanted to get rid of Pogba and it seems he was right about Pogba all along but he still received massive financial backing if I recall correctly.

United is being criticized because it's always the same circus each season since SAF.

There have been many targets that specific managers wanted but the board/scouts decided to pursue other players. The big ones I remember were Dier, Perisic, Alderweireld, SMS being names on Mourinhos list but were passed over for other players. Ole, I remember Longstaff and Torres mostly.
  • El_Nino
    Cyodine wrote: »

As said above, it's not the amount spent that's the issue, it's ignoring who the manager actually want, they did it constantly with Mou, and have done it to some extent with everything post Fergie I think.

They spend big money on players the board/scouts pick, not the manager.
  • xHades
    15236 posts World Class
    It's clear these choices are prioritising implementing the play style with those already familiar with it to ease such a drastic transition. 80m for Antony seems really high though.

That said the market for versatile forwards is really limited and it's clearly a sellers market and Ajax is already selling heavily to us and others and is now cashed up. But that's extortionate. I rated him 40m + a 20m United tax at the extreme most.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    This is dead on and why I disagreed with whoever's take the other day about suggesting FDJ is the scummy one in this situation if he's open to leaving

• VVD4
    9332 posts League Winner
    edited July 2022
    This is dead on and why I disagreed with whoever's take the other day about suggesting FDJ is the scummy one in this situation if he's open to leaving

If he is open to leaving, he has to adhere to the contract he signed (in its latest, most current form). It is as simple as that, really.
  • El_Nino

If he is open to leaving, he has to adhere to the contract he signed (in its latest, most current form). It is as simple as that, really.

It's very clear he signed the contract in good faith to help them out, and didn't expect to have it used against him.

I agree legally Barca are doing nothing wrong, but it's clear they gave taken advantage of the player every single opportunity they got.

He's only demanding it after being forced out of the club he wanted to be at, he has every right to insist on staying, or to ask for the wages he would've earned should they really want to force him out.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

It's very clear he signed the contract in good faith to help them out, and didn't expect to have it used against him.

I agree legally Barca are doing nothing wrong, but it's clear they gave taken advantage of the player every single opportunity they got.

He's only demanding it after being forced out of the club he wanted to be at, he has every right to insist on staying, or to ask for the wages he would've earned should they really want to force him out.

Exactly.
  • VVD4
    9332 posts League Winner

He has every right to insist on staying, as he signed a contract. However, he doesn’t have any right to insist on being paid the wages he agreed to get this/next season if he’s no longer at the club. That’s how contracts work. I understand that the pay cut/wage deferral was signed in good faith, but I doubt Barcelona had already planned to sell him at that point. Things change and selling FDJ stands to benefit them and improve them so of course they are going to have their own best interests at heart rather than stunt themselves just so that one player gets what he was “owed” morally.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

He has every right to insist on staying, as he signed a contract. However, he doesn’t have any right to insist on being paid the wages he agreed to get this/next season if he’s no longer at the club. That’s how contracts work. I understand that the pay cut/wage deferral was signed in good faith, but I doubt Barcelona had already planned to sell him at that point. Things change and selling FDJ stands to benefit them and improve them so of course they are going to have their own best interests at heart rather than stunt themselves just so that one player gets what he was “owed” morally.

Everyone understands WHY Barca are doing what they are doing for business purpose, but therein lies where Barca are the scummy ones, not FDJ. It's obvious he signed the contract as a favor to help them out financially but he clearly intended to see the contract out as it's dream club. Now Barca are attempting to force him out before they are forced to pay him his dues.

Anyone here in FDJ's position would feel completely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over and absolutely fight it exactly as he's doing.
  • VVD4
    9332 posts League Winner
    edited July 2022

Everyone understands WHY Barca are doing what they are doing for business purpose, but therein lies where Barca are the scummy ones, not FDJ. It's obvious he signed the contract as a favor to help them out financially but he clearly intended to see the contract out as it's dream club. Now Barca are attempting to force him out before they are forced to pay him his dues.

Anyone here in FDJ's position would feel completely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over and absolutely fight it exactly as he's doing.

That's why I said if he is open to moving. If he is open to moving, it is perfectly fine and let's not pretend that United won't put him on stupid wages anyway.