Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• yosef167
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 25
    G000ner wrote: »
    Why aren't you even going for Raphinha anyway? Seem obsessed with Ajax players when you could sign a better, more proven player for cheaper probably.

Man Utd are still stuck in this mindset that every signing they make either has to be a future star or a proven world class player. Then they miss out on all the safer options in between and end up with a team of overpriced players with inflated egos, rather than players with the right attitude that actually fit their team.

if we get into the convo of raphinha deal he will cost 85 instead of reported 65
    PL tax
    United Tax
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    Plus Leeds to Man Utd rivalry tax
  • VVD4
    6453 posts Big Money Move
    What about Ziyech?
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    edited June 25
    Thing is once Barca activities this financial levers they don't nessessarly need to sell FDJ, his wages are quite high but Barca are only paying half of it, €200k wages isn't that much there are much bigger problems elsewhere in the team. The valuation Man Utd have is £60m right now while Barca are still at £73m. Like I said before there will be a meeting in the middle of this I think but the add ons will be more, say £67.5m plus add ons, probably going up to £75m. You are not far off and Ten Hag desperately wants him and you have no plan B so it's bound to get done.
  • yosef167
    The de jong deal is crucial for United future
    1st of all the manager sees him the main man to his rebuild and style which shows that there will be no back off him and the transfer will happen but if the manager sees him main part then the transfer need to happen for the preseason and not once the season start

2nd thing the fact teams and Agents already know that whatever they ask for they will get so they can ask whatever they want --- here come the new era of United which called post Ed woodward Era and if arnold wants the change then he cant meet Barca price otherwise the ridicolous prices will just continue to happen as that do mean we will always pay

as for the Budget part
    i am still asking myself how can our budget be 120m when we was planning to offer 70m for de jong and 60m for nunez without selling while planning to bring extra two players?
  • Ashy
    20953 posts Club Captain
    edited June 25
    'if arnold wants the change then he cant meet Barca price otherwise the ridicolous prices will just continue to happen as that do mean we will always pay'

Well that's all well and good Man Utd need to hold firm and not go past £60-65m ish (reduced the asking price by £8-13m) but that could drag on until late August. Then what happens when Man Utd start to panic and throw that extra £8-13m in just to get it done and boom same old story.

Teams know what Man Utd are like, it's public knowledge ETH really wants him and there is no plan b so doing this you are making Barca's stance stronger.
  • yosef167
    Ashy wrote: »
    'if arnold wants the change then he cant meet Barca price otherwise the ridicolous prices will just continue to happen as that do mean we will always pay'

Well that's all well and good Man Utd need to hold firm and not go past £60-65m ish (reduced the asking price by £8-13m) but that could drag on until late August. Then what happens when Man Utd start to panic and throw that extra £8-13m in just to get it done and boom same old story.

Teams know what Man Utd are like, it's public knowledge ETH really wants him and there is no plan b so doing this you are making Barca's stance stronger.

Yep we wont win both
    its or keep paying crazy money or losing out the preseason for our main Buy
    thats how it looks for me
  • yosef167
    Sport catalunya (Tier 1 barca ) said there is breakthrough and the deal should be done by 30th june
    80m€ fixed deal
  • Smudge
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Sport catalunya (Tier 1 barca ) said there is breakthrough and the deal should be done by 30th june
    80m€ fixed deal

https://barca-reddit.github.io/

Tier 4 according to Barca fans
  • yosef167
    edited June 25
    Smudge wrote: »
    80m€ fixed deal

Sport is really strong there? thats my hearing
    as well they was right always regards De jong
  • NucksNation
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    Again.. filling the RW spot, I wonder if bale would have signed a 2yr with us before deciding to go MLS..
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35483 posts World Cup Winner
    edited June 25
    Smudge wrote: »
    80m€ fixed deal

Sport is really strong there? thats my hearing
    as well they was right always regards De jong

I've always felt Sport were bottom tier tbh and seem to get a lot wrong
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited June 25
    Again.. filling the RW spot, I wonder if bale would have signed a 2yr with us before deciding to go MLS..

As much as I like Bale, I'm happy with not going after him. Just don't think he cares like he used to tbh.
  • Cyodine
    5859 posts Big Money Move

He obviously still wanted a challenge and some potential silverware.
  • NucksNation

As much as I like Bale, I'm happy with not going after him. Just don't think he cares like he used to tbh.
    Cyodine wrote: »

He obviously still wanted a challenge and some potential silverware.

It wasn’t a permanent fix but we would be able to focus on parts that need immediate fixing while still getting a decent player for a season or two instead of blowing 100m on Antony
  • Pietu
    12124 posts Has That Special Something
    Bale would have just been another Pogba.
  • G000ner
    8554 posts League Winner
    Signing players like Bale is what got you into this mess
  • yosef167

maybe Ronaldo pressure can get deals done?
  • NucksNation

Having woodward and a managerial carousel and in the last 9seasons is what got us into this mess.. everyone of them comes with their agenda, spend millions, fail and get fired.. then we are stuck with high wages and less than avg performers..
  • G000ner
    8554 posts League Winner

Having woodward and a managerial carousel and in the last 9seasons is what got us into this mess.. everyone of them comes with their agenda, spend millions, fail and get fired.. then we are stuck with high wages and less than avg performers..

Sounds like a certain Welshman
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Bale 100% should have just been added to this list. Like I said, it does not really appear he cares to give it 100% anymore, which ISN'T what we should be going after regardless of short/long term. He'd have spent more time out injured.
  • Cyodine
    Bale would have elevated your club.
  • Teh Zombz
    5344 posts Big Money Move

how so
  • Cyodine
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

how so

He's won the Champions League more times than your entire club, he'd bring levels.
  • Tornado31619
    32763 posts National Team Captain
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

how so

He's won the Champions League more times than your entire club, he'd bring levels.

Why doesn’t Shaqiri go to City, then?
  • Smudge
    5464 posts Big Money Move

Talksport Sources have been pretty much spot on for us in recent windows (direct opposite to Talksport itself)
  • yosef167

Still doesnt look accurate for us as if he turned us down he do be already signed for brentford

for De jong deal its now 4 journalist talking about it but Not those who are tier 1 yet
  • yosef167
    edited June 26

stay tuned finally we will get the right news about this deal
    Romero did break the news back in may
  • yosef167

so at the end met the asking price didnt we ?
  • arsenalap
    13803 posts Has That Special Something

so at the end met the asking price didnt we ?

Almost as if someone warned you about that happening :P