Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• arsenalap
    13859 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure he'll ever be a united player, but he can be a good player for quite a few prem sides still.
  • El_Nino
    9839 posts League Winner
    Yeah it isn't that AWB is awful, he's just clearly made to be a top half at best player, apposed to a 'big six' player.
  • Stlducks
    9448 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Yeah it isn't that AWB is awful, he's just clearly made to be a top half at best player, apposed to a 'big six' player.

I agree with that but United is not at the point they can replace multiple positions in one window. AWB can be manageable until January or until next summer. United will likely not be competing to win this year and have bigger holes to fill immediately.

ETH should be able to get by for half a season with an average RB.
  • El_Nino
    9839 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »

I agree with that but United is not at the point they can replace multiple positions in one window. AWB can be manageable until January or until next summer. United will likely not be competing to win this year and have bigger holes to fill immediately.

ETH should be able to get by for half a season with an average RB.

I agree there are bigger priorities, but equally if he can be shifted it would be a big plus I think.
  • Tornado31619
    32815 posts National Team Captain
    I wouldn’t sell him this soon, our only other option is Dalot and we certainly won’t be signing anybody else for their position.
  • UM4R
    4842 posts Moderator
    I wouldn’t sell him this soon, our only other option is Dalot and we certainly won’t be signing anybody else for their position.

TBF I would sell and give the chance to Laird has the potential to be better than both
  • yosef167
    5251 posts Big Money Move
  • Smudge
    5477 posts Big Money Move
    We're gonna announce a signing or big breakthrough in negotiations tomorrow I would predict. Too much noise about the dividend being taken otherwise
  • yosef167

it will happen anyway doesnt matter how much it takes
  • Stlducks
    9448 posts League Winner
    I hope he doesn’t leave the league but going to Bayern will add to his CL legacy.
  • WryLucky
    6450 posts Big Money Move
    Can't they just take Werner instead?
  • El_Nino
    9839 posts League Winner
    edited June 23
    I could definitely see that happening. It's really the only move that makes sense for Ronaldo with Mbappe staying.

Going and dominating Bundesliga would a couple of seasons would be great for his legacy too.
  • UM4R
    4842 posts Moderator
    I could definitely see that happening. It's really the only move that makes sense for Ronaldo with Mbappe staying.

Going and dominating Bundesliga would a couple of seasons would be great for his legacy too.

Could see him going for winning the top 5 leagues, couple years in Germany then top it off with a stint at PSG
  • El_Nino
    9839 posts League Winner
    UM4R wrote: »

Could see him going for winning the top 5 leagues, couple years in Germany then top it off with a stint at PSG

Honestly not impossible. Would be a fantastic achievement to really top off his career.
  • Stlducks
    9448 posts League Winner
    And if anyone has the attitude to make that a goal, it’s him. I can’t see him ever being like Messi was this year and basically not giving a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35515 posts World Cup Winner
    And if anyone has the attitude to make that a goal, it’s him. I can’t see him ever being like Messi was this year and basically not giving a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Is that the new excuse people are claiming for Messi's awful season?
  • Stlducks
    9448 posts League Winner

Is that the new excuse people are claiming for Messi's awful season?

I have not heard anybody talk about his season. Just from the PSG games I watched, looked like he did not care to be there.
  • Low Ki
    14269 posts Has That Special Something
    It's IMDB it's probably entirely fan votes of people 1 starring it.

Not a surprise the entire thing is a PR driven fluff piece BTW. Sunderland Till I Die this aint.
  • yosef167

same amount glazers are taking from the club today🙃
  • Cyodine
    5884 posts Big Money Move

With these constant reports of desperation from United end, I just don't get why they don't pay the full fee. Barca knows United want FDJ and no-one else, so why would they lower the fee? Just seems useless to negotiate a few million less on an already expensive player that they're desperate to sign.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3977 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 24
    Got to think it's the board handcuffing Arnold here. I find it hard to believe he'd make the exact same mistakes as his predecessors willingly. He's probably got a number he's allowed to go to, and the board won't up it until it's 'holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️' time... Usually during the final 72/48 hours of the window. I don't think you get him if it stretches that long though. Barca want to sell so they can reinvest the money into other signings. They'll all either be gone by then, or their existing clubs will want extra incentives to sell so close to the deadline, likely upping the price again for United. Doesn't make sense.
  • Rand0m Hero
    1223 posts Professional
    I think this is just how things will go when two of the worst clubs at this kind of thing do business together. Wouldn’t surprise me after this gets done between both clubs that their next targets go much faster.
  • NucksNation
    4553 posts National Call-Up
    Both clubs know each other’s positions..

We also know how bad Barca needs those funds to sign their targets including kessie, lewa and BM just turned their offer of $35m Down.. Gavi’s contract is being negotiated.. they lost Dani Alves and possibly needing replacement,
    And Gavi’s step-dad is getting old and soon needs replacement..

I guess it’s part of neg when both clubs know their weaknesses
  • yosef167

i have to say somehow its logical not to pay imediatly to Barca
    this is exactly what the Ed woodward effect
    We are interested -- player value goes from 45m to 70m

same ajax that Sold Ryan For 25m to bayern
    and vauled Martinez on 40m before our interest to let the price jump to 50m

our name in the interest now worth 20m beacuse of the way Ed woodward did handle the transfer market

Nunez jumped from 70m value to 100m as well

• yosef167

Alex reported that before his decesion he asked to have convo with ETH
    looks like he play good part in ETH rebuild
  • G000ner
    8596 posts League Winner
    Why aren't you even going for Raphinha anyway? Seem obsessed with Ajax players when you could sign a better, more proven player for cheaper probably.

Man Utd are still stuck in this mindset that every signing they make either has to be a future star or a proven world class player. Then they miss out on all the safer options in between and end up with a team of overpriced players with inflated egos, rather than players with the right attitude that actually fit their team.