Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ashy
    20170 posts Club Captain
    Got some competition for him, sure you can push a decent loan fee out of this

• Cyodine
    5723 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Is it wise to let your best defender go while still fighting for top 4?
  • Tornado31619
    32625 posts National Team Captain
    We shouldn’t be letting any of our defenders go this window.

On another note:
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    I think our bloated squad honestly makes it harder for the manager.

I'm all for letting Henderson, Jones, Lingard, VDB, Amad, Martial head out on loan.

Thin out the ranks a bit.

Only place I'm a little concerned we may be shorthanded is the pivot, but that's true regardless of who leaves because it was true going into this season.
  • Ashy
    20170 posts Club Captain
    Jones looks like he's off. Imagine Man Utd paying 80-90% of his wages though
  • Ahmer50x
  • Ahmer50x
    Ashy wrote: »

Think the idea is he plays some games to maybe convince someone to take him in the summer.

Hard to demand much more for a player who has played 1 game in 2 years.
  • Ashy
    20170 posts Club Captain

Think the idea is he plays some games to maybe convince someone to take him in the summer.

Hard to demand much more for a player who has played 1 game in 2 years.

Absolutely, teams doing this more and more now. With a bit of luck a lower level PL side buys him for a few million and takes the wages completey off your books next season
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35354 posts World Cup Winner
    Newcastle just signed a midfielder (Guimaraes) we honestly should have been in for. I can see that one turning into another Tielemens situation.
  • Ahmer50x
    Newcastle just signed a midfielder (Guimaraes) we honestly should have been in for. I can see that one turning into another Tielemens situation.

Same.

Speaking of Tielemens, one year to run on his deal this summer.

An ideal 8 to accompany whatever DM we end up going for.
  • VVD4
    5873 posts Big Money Move

Same.

Hands off.
  • Ahmer50x
    VVD4 wrote: »

Same.

Hands off.

Will be an interesting battle for his signature. Imagine all the top clubs will be interested as Leicester won't have much leverage.

Another option I really like is Fabian Ruiz at Napoli. Guy is also out of contract in 2023.
  • arsenalap
    13430 posts Has That Special Something

Same.

Hands off.

Will be an interesting battle for his signature. Imagine all the top clubs will be interested as Leicester won't have much leverage.

Another option I really like is Fabian Ruiz at Napoli. Guy is also out of contract in 2023.

Hands off.
  • Shshj
    12316 posts Has That Special Something
    That’s a coup for Newcastle, I didn’t think they’d be able to pull that type of signing this month.

Between Guimaraes, Trippier, Wood and possibly Dan Burn - that’s more than enough to keep them up.
  • RainyDays_10
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Same.

Hands off.

If it’s Utd vs Liverpool it’s just a battle of stupid wages vs a successful career

• arsenalap
    13430 posts Has That Special Something
    Shshj wrote: »
    That’s a coup for Newcastle, I didn’t think they’d be able to pull that type of signing this month.

Between Guimaraes, Trippier, Wood and possibly Dan Burn - that’s more than enough to keep them up.

Meh still need another defender imo, but yh they should be alright.
  • Cyodine
    5723 posts Big Money Move

Same.

Hands off.

If it’s Utd vs Liverpool it’s just a battle of stupid wages vs a successful career

:lol:
  • Teh Zombz
    5298 posts Big Money Move
    interesting to see if donny is actually cut out for the PL
  • Low Ki
    13967 posts Has That Special Something
    Supposedly that's why Ole and now Ralf felt that way about his starting games despite his talent. Guess we'll find out now either way.
  • Ashy
    20170 posts Club Captain
    edited January 30
    Oh no. If reports are true Greenwood is DONE

Yep seen enough evidence (including audio clips) :#
  • MorroWtje
    5548 posts Big Money Move
    Oh no. If reports are true Greenwood is DONE

Would really love a drama free week where the club could focus on football 😑 As always there's 2 sides to every story but that aint looking great. If true that's his united/england and probably football career over
  • Low Ki
    Jeez that was a hard listen. Guess the RVP comparisons weren't that far off after all.
  • Low Ki
    edited January 30
    The recording itself was brutal. I feel ill having listened to it.

It definitely doesn't seem like the first time.
  • El_Nino
    9592 posts League Winner
    Yeah with the voice recordings in mind, I'm not really sure how he can come back from that in any shape or form.

Imagine it'll land him in prison for a start.
  • Low Ki
    edited January 30
    Still going to be a long time till they outright can him. Will probably be left out of matchday fixtures , indefinitely suspended once he's arrested and changed and won't be terminated until convicted.

As clear cut as it is, we won't be able to wash our hands of his legally speaking for a while. So he'll remain in headlines as a United player like Mendy over at City.

Since Ralf is quite frank in interviews hopefully he'll go as far as he can verbally be allowed to in indicating his career is dead.

• Nem
    8071 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Prison FC coming in with a late strong January transfer

• WryLucky
    6219 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 30
    Footballers seem to think they're invincible and above these things, some one has to set an example because things like this are happening far too often now for some reason. Or they could just being found out better.