Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Low Ki
    13340 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2021
  • yosef167
    3492 posts National Call-Up
    I am happy Ronaldo declined to take part of the cerrmony.of Ballon Dor
    since they stole it from him the year Modric won it he is refusing to be there
    this Award is not based on who is the best Player in the world anymore. i wish more players Go the way CR7 went as they are planning to give it to messi instead of Lewa just beacuse he had Good Copa america tournament
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34868 posts World Cup Winner
    Agree with both tbh.

Like Juve did with Ronaldo, we signed him and PSG signed Messi because both clubs expected them alone to help them win the league and CL. In our case, we also didn’t want him to sign for City. But there’s no plan. PSG still have Paredes flopping around and Mbappé missing one-on-ones, whilst our midfield can’t string together three passes and our backline is being carried by a keeper who looked finished two seasons ago.

At least Ragnick should finally give us something to aim for, but as Carragher said, we need to commit to a timeframe.

Yeah there are bits from both of them that I agree with.
  • Pietu
    10786 posts Has That Special Something
    yosef167 wrote: »
    this Award is not based on who is the best Player in the world anymore. i wish more players Go the way CR7 went as they are planning to give it to messi instead of Lewa just beacuse he had Good Copa america tournament

Correction, Messi had the best first half of 2021 in the world. But yeah, Lewa should win it.
  • Ahmer50x
    31420 posts National Team Captain

No compensation and a few backroom staff members to come in to help Rangnick.

Love to see it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Pietu wrote: »

Correction, Messi had the best first half of 2021 in the world. But yeah, Lewa should win it.

How did Messi have a better first half of 2021?
  • El_Nino
    8977 posts League Winner
    edited November 2021

God your so far up Messi it's unreal
  • Ahmer50x

Murtough over Woodward. You just love to see it.
  • Shshj
    10255 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d like to see Lewandowski win it but I do think Messi is suffering as a result of his own high standards.

58 G/A in 56 games. Won his first Copa America & dragged Barcelona to a top four finish while finishing as La Liga top scorer. That’s still sensational.
  • Lewandowski deserves it for me. Guys been outstanding for as long as i can remember
  • Carrick must have some monumental dirt on the glazers like... Nudes or something

Because how he's still in a job is beyond me. He's outlasted LVG, Mourinho and Ole
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Shshj wrote: »
    I’d like to see Lewandowski win it but I do think Messi is suffering as a result of his own high standards.

58 G/A in 56 games. Won his first Copa America & dragged Barcelona to a top four finish while finishing as La Liga top scorer. That’s still sensational.

Wait... what are you including in this stat count?
  • Pietu

Because he was great with Barca in 2021 (had over 20 goals in the league alone) so the first half of this year and was amazing with Argentina in the summer. Would find you stats that show only his first half of 2021 but don't know how or where to find that.

Thought it wasn't controversial to say that he had the best first half of the year, or at most second best after Lewa.
    El_Nino wrote: »

Say hello to your daddy Abramovich while you are down there 🤡
  • Pietu
    Shshj wrote: »

Exactly. Was great in the first half of the year. Shouldn't win because of his time with PSG not being great. But it’s absolutely not controversial at all to say that he had the best first half of the year.
  • Teh Zombz
    5116 posts Big Money Move
    for once it feels like we're doing the right thing
  • Stlducks
    8034 posts League Winner
    Per Goal…

Lewa - In 2021: 64 goals, 10 assists. Won Bundesliga, Club World Cup & DFL-Supercup.

Messi - In 2021: 41 goals, 17 assists. Won Copa America & Copa del Rey.

Ronaldo - In 2021: 43 goals, six assists. Won Coppa Italia & Supercoppa Italiana.

Goal predicts Messi to win.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Because he was great with Barca in 2021 (had over 20 goals in the league alone) so the first half of this year and was amazing with Argentina in the summer. Would find you stats that show only his first half of 2021 but don't know how or where to find that.

Thought it wasn't controversial to say that he had the best first half of the year, or at most second best after Lewa.

I'm looking at stats for strictly the first half of the year and they indicate that Lewa's was better... that's why I'm confused as to how he had the "better first half". Factor in the whole last season and Lewa's was much better.

Sure Messi finally won Copa America and then won Copa del Rey, but Lewa won the league title, Club World Cup, and DFL-Supercup, Not to mention he finally broke Muller's league goals scoring record.

And prob won't factor in, but because he had another monster year I feel like it should, but there's the fact that Lewa was absolutely robbed last year when they cancelled the award (which still baffles me as to why they couldn't still issue the award without a ceremony).
  • Ashy
    18077 posts World Class
    If Messi didn't drag that Argentina team to a Copa America Lewandowski would have this in the bag. I don't think him winning the League, Cup and Club world cup means that much it's a given. His goals are insane though and overall probably deserves it. Nobody thinks Messi had a killer year like his previous Ballon d'Or wins
  • Pietu

I'm looking at stats for strictly the first half of the year and they indicate that Lewa's was better... that's why I'm confused as to how he had the "better first half". Factor in the whole last season and Lewa's was much better.

Sure Messi finally won Copa America and then won Copa del Rey, but Lewa won the league title, Club World Cup, and DFL-Supercup, Not to mention he finally broke Muller's league goals scoring record.

And prob won't factor in, but because he had another monster year I feel like it should, but there's the fact that Lewa was absolutely robbed last year when they cancelled the award (which still baffles me as to why they couldn't still issue the award without a ceremony).

Don't get me wrong Lewa absolutely deserves it and I hope he wins it but just think Messi's first half of the year was more impressive. Barcelona was basically FC Messi while Lewa plays in an amazing team so it was easier for him, but what he did was still really impressive and great, just think what Messi did was more impressive.
  • yosef167

Don't get me wrong Lewa absolutely deserves it and I hope he wins it but just think Messi's first half of the year was more impressive. Barcelona was basically FC Messi while Lewa plays in an amazing team so it was easier for him, but what he did was still really impressive and great, just think what Messi did was more impressive.

in same sense and no ronaldo doesnt deserve .. ronaldo had worse Ronaldo FC (juve) Version and his numbers are close and his euro numbers was great as well and had 2 trophies while being in total year consistent and this year he became the player with most goals in International and both club international level. so he isnt off messi

the only consistent player with huge numbers thats cant have a suspect if he deserve it is Lewa but he isnt as popular as messi is and thats why he wont get it. so the Prize going to messi means it goes for who more popular not for who is better. thats why i lost interest in this prize and players need to care less about it
    by the way Copa america isnt impressive beacuae they play it every 2 years to allow messi win it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    inb4 they give Lewa for last years cancellation and Messi for this year to appease everyone... everythough Lewa deserves both.

• Tornado31619
    30910 posts National Team Captain
    Honestly I’m perfectly fine with Messi winning 2021 if Lewa gets 2020
  • yosef167
    edited November 2021
    to make Lewa feel better they added an award called
    Best scorer of the season😭🤣🤣🤣🤣 i want to cry off laughing
    even they themselves know Lewa deserve it but they cant not give it to.messi
  • Pietu

in same sense and no ronaldo doesnt deserve .. ronaldo had worse Ronaldo FC (juve) Version and his numbers are close and his euro numbers was great as well and had 2 trophies while being in total year consistent and this year he became the player with most goals in International and both club international level. so he isnt off messi

the only consistent player with huge numbers thats cant have a suspect if he deserve it is Lewa but he isnt as popular as messi is and thats why he wont get it. so the Prize going to messi means it goes for who more popular not for who is better. thats why i lost interest in this prize and players need to care less about it
    by the way Copa america isnt impressive beacuae they play it every 2 years to allow messi win it.

No they don't. Normally they don't but I know recently they had it more often but there was a perfectly reasonable reason for it. Cba to go find it though. But one of the reasons iirc was an anniversary year.
  • Tornado31619
    30910 posts National Team Captain
    to make Lewa feel better they added an award called
    Best scorer of the season😭🤣🤣🤣🤣 i want to cry off laughing
    even they themselves know Lewa deserve it but they cant not give it to.messi

Should have just given him the 2020 award
  • Ahmer50x
  • yosef167
    @Ahmer50x was there any news about who will take Arsenal game?