Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Thefranchise92
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Doesn’t a DOF eliminate this though ?

  • Tornado31619
    30184 posts National Team Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Doesn’t a DOF eliminate this though ?

    Is that even Murtough’s role? And then won’t it clash with Conte’s demands?
  • Thefranchise92
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Doesn’t a DOF eliminate this though ?

    Is that even Murtough’s role? And then won’t it clash with Conte’s demands?

    If you agree to a role with a DOF or transfer committee like pool then can you claim to not know what you’re getting yourself into
  • SimenHP
    4545 posts National Call-Up
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Yeah, but you can just look at Manchester United and see why buying superstars often doesn't work. On paper MU have top 3 best squad in the world imo, with only PSG and City (and maybe Bayern) in front of them, but because the board want superstars over hard working players they aren't winning. It's the same with PSG, that squad should on paper dominate CL and win it with no problem at all, but they struggle every match in CL because the players won't play as a team because they all think they will win it with talent alone. It doesn't work that way and a manager like Conte knows that so he would most likely get rid of deadwood like Pogba and Martial and a few more and buy players that he knows will give 100% every match.
  • Thefranchise92
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    SimenHP wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Yeah, but you can just look at Manchester United and see why buying superstars often doesn't work. On paper MU have top 3 best squad in the world imo, with only PSG and City (and maybe Bayern) in front of them, but because the board want superstars over hard working players they aren't winning. It's the same with PSG, that squad should on paper dominate CL and win it with no problem at all, but they struggle every match in CL because the players won't play as a team because they all think they will win it with talent alone. It doesn't work that way and a manager like Conte knows that so he would most likely get rid of deadwood like Pogba and Martial and a few more and buy players that he knows will give 100% every match.

    I’d rather a team of ji sung parks over pogbas
  • Tornado31619
    30184 posts National Team Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

    The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

    Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

    While he have that control at United?

    Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

    So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

    I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

    The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

    I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.

    Yeah, but you can just look at Manchester United and see why buying superstars often doesn't work. On paper MU have top 3 best squad in the world imo, with only PSG and City (and maybe Bayern) in front of them, but because the board want superstars over hard working players they aren't winning. It's the same with PSG, that squad should on paper dominate CL and win it with no problem at all, but they struggle every match in CL because the players won't play as a team because they all think they will win it with talent alone. It doesn't work that way and a manager like Conte knows that so he would most likely get rid of deadwood like Pogba and Martial and a few more and buy players that he knows will give 100% every match.

    I’d rather a team of ji sung parks over pogbas

    There’s a difference between him and Willian.
  • tilen11
    6988 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 26
    Well that weak from the board. Giving him more time is just wrong.

    Its like when a kid (OGS) misbehaves during activities, father (SAF) is called to talk to the ones responsible, to say sorry and convince them that the kid will be better.
    When it happens again, he will beg for another chance. Its an endless circle.

    If Ole is Uniteds legend, loves the club etc he should know himself that he is out of his depth and just leave. Guy wont tarnish his reputation by doing so. Him not getiing the feeling things just wont go his way is stupid and it makes him even more clueless.

    But of course leaving isnt an option where there is so much money involved.
  • UM4R
    4633 posts Moderator
    Ahmer50x wrote: »


    This is also known as the "please Ole steady up enough to get top 4 so we can target Ten Hag/Poch in the summer rather than have to deal with Conte now"

    I don't think the gambit will work. I think Conte will be here in the break.

    Just beg Fergie to come back till end of season :/
  • Kellnerr
    4713 posts National Call-Up
    Fergie isn't your babysitter
  • forearms
    5705 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 26
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Well that weak from the board. Giving him more time is just wrong.

    Its like when a kid (OGS) misbehaves during activities, father (SAF) is called to talk to the ones responsible, to say sorry and convince them that the kid will be better.
    When it happens again, he will beg for another chance. Its an endless circle.

    If Ole is Uniteds legend, loves the club etc he should know himself that he is out of his depth and just leave. Guy wont tarnish his reputation by doing so. Him not getiing the feeling things just wont go his way is stupid and it makes him even more clueless.

    But of course leaving isnt an option where there is so much money involved.

    This was my thinking when I said that I hoped he was constructing his resignation letter during that long break between the match and post game presser.
  • Tornado31619
    30184 posts National Team Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    New 007 announced

    RDT-20211026-1922136358194843339679489.jpg

    No Time To Score
  • Shshj
    9415 posts League Winner
    Dr No. Goals
  • yosef167
    3187 posts National Call-Up
    forearms wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Well that weak from the board. Giving him more time is just wrong.

    Its like when a kid (OGS) misbehaves during activities, father (SAF) is called to talk to the ones responsible, to say sorry and convince them that the kid will be better.
    When it happens again, he will beg for another chance. Its an endless circle.

    If Ole is Uniteds legend, loves the club etc he should know himself that he is out of his depth and just leave. Guy wont tarnish his reputation by doing so. Him not getiing the feeling things just wont go his way is stupid and it makes him even more clueless.

    But of course leaving isnt an option where there is so much money involved.

    This was my thinking when I said that I hoped he was constructing his resignation letter during that long break between the match and post game presser.

    Money talk 🤑🤑🤑
  • Ashy
    17461 posts World Class
    Ten Hag surely wouldn't leave mid season?
  • Thefranchise92
    5922 posts Big Money Move

    That’s wild.

    I can’t believe he doesn’t take training and sits on the bench rather than stands on the touch line.


    He really thinks he’s at fergies level to sit calmly and delegate
  • tilen11
    6988 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 26
    forearms wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Well that weak from the board. Giving him more time is just wrong.

    Its like when a kid (OGS) misbehaves during activities, father (SAF) is called to talk to the ones responsible, to say sorry and convince them that the kid will be better.
    When it happens again, he will beg for another chance. Its an endless circle.

    If Ole is Uniteds legend, loves the club etc he should know himself that he is out of his depth and just leave. Guy wont tarnish his reputation by doing so. Him not getiing the feeling things just wont go his way is stupid and it makes him even more clueless.

    But of course leaving isnt an option where there is so much money involved.

    This was my thinking when I said that I hoped he was constructing his resignation letter during that long break between the match and post game presser.

    Its bizzare. How can you stand there and say you are doing everything in your power to change things, saying how the team will bounce back, oh its just a period every team goes through, when you know that clearly majority of the players have no confidence and trust. Not doing so just makes it look that one doesnt really care or cares too much that he is blinded by his own foolishness.

    Leave now and still be rich. Another job opportunity will open.
    Post edited by tilen11 on
  • Ashy
    17461 posts World Class
    edited October 26
    Ole won't leave because he knows he's got it good right now, he won't get a job close to United for the rest of his career. He'll also get a nice payoff because of the recent contact extension.

    Also every manager believes they can change things and with the squad he has that relies on individual moments it's like he's got a 'punchers chance' in every game

    At best he will get a mid table top 5 division club or top side in Norway etc, probably Norway manager which will probably suit him.
  • yosef167
    3187 posts National Call-Up
    Another story came out 🤣 and there is a pic to prof
    When cavani came in Ole asked for 442 and then Cavani had to remind him that Pogba is Red carded
    Lmao..!
  • tilen11
    6988 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ole won't leave because he knows he's got it good right now, he won't get a job close to United for the rest of his career. He'll also get a nice payoff because of the recent contact extension.

    Also every manager believes they can change things and with the squad he has that relies on individual moments it's like he's got a 'punchers chance' in every game

    At best he will get a mid table top 5 division club or top side in Norway etc, probably Norway manager which will probably suit him.

    Fully get it. But all the former players, managers, media or whatever, who are giving him support and are backing him should also criticise him and only him. Everyone thats been kept up to date about the clubs situation in the last couple of weeks. In this case its the exact opposite
  • Tornado31619
    30184 posts National Team Captain
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Another story came out 🤣 and there is a pic to prof
    When cavani came in Ole asked for 442 and then Cavani had to remind him that Pogba is Red carded
    Lmao..!

    Eh slip of the mind that
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34612 posts National Team Captain
    Can’t blame him. Feel for him and the time that’s been wasted for him.

  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34612 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 26
  • Tornado31619
    30184 posts National Team Captain
    Mentioned that one earlier I think
  • Cyodine
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    Probably should just get rid of Pogba regardless if Ole is sacked. The moment Pogba has a falling out with the manager, he wants them gone, seems like Jose was right.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34612 posts National Team Captain
    Id really like to know who this was. There’s 3-4 players I feel it could be.

  • Ashy
    17461 posts World Class
    edited October 26
    Bailly I believe, he questioned why Maguire was getting picked when he isn't fit to play and was rushed back and has been on bad form for a few games recently

    VDB and Ole are probably not even talking he's visibly frustrated on the bench and you can imagine he should be given a chance even as a deeper midfielder

    Only other player I can guess is Sancho not getting ahead of Greenwood or Rashford
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34612 posts National Team Captain
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Probably should just get rid of Pogba regardless if Ole is sacked. The moment Pogba has a falling out with the manager, he wants them gone, seems like Jose was right.

    Tbf, I'd like to listen to the stream and see what Fab has to say about this, if anything at all. Seems like in these scenarios, Pogba is an easy target for these type of stories. Odd to me that everyone that's managed or played with Pogba has nothing but positive things to say about him, except Jose. And the whole Jose spat, if the stories are true, I'm siding with Pogba on. The midfield was getting overrun by Tottenham during that game with the public sideline spat, which Pogba was arguing they needed help, and Jose wasn't having any of it... hence spat and clash of egos.

    I could be wrong, but you'd think that if that tweet was true and Pogba was throwing another manager under the bus. Mino would be all over it. And this was from a few hours ago. So that Pogba tweet could just be someone just capitalizing on the situation and picking Pogba as an easy target for attention.


Sign In or Register to comment.