Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Snugglebites
    2639 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should have sold Pogba years ago.
  • Stlducks
    7752 posts League Winner
    Dr. Tottenham will show up for you this weekend. I had more confidence to beat United when you guys were playing better than you are now.

I do not blame the board for wanting to take the time to make sure the next appointment is right. You can’t rush this choice, the squad is ready to win now if the right manager comes in.
  • Thefranchise92
    5927 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    This is probably why Ole hasn't gone yet, because they are split on who to get and whether Conte is the right man

Does poch even want to come now😂
  • Cyodine
    4097 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe Gary Neville will be the next one to take the helm.
  • Thefranchise92
    I think we’re living in the past trying to affect the future. The days of 10-15 year tenures were rare and even rarer now. Conte only falls out with owners that don’t match his ambition. He delivers on the league front. We have the money to back him
  • El_Nino
    8835 posts League Winner
    edited October 26
    I think we’re living in the past trying to affect the future. The days of 10-15 year tenures were rare and even rarer now. Conte only falls out with owners that don’t match his ambition. He delivers on the league front. We have the money to back him

Nah that's waffle, I agree Conte takes you straight into the title picture, but it's ludicrous to say he only falls out with unambitious owners.

The man would fall out with his reflection given a few years.
  • yosef167
    3238 posts National Call-Up
    What make it worse to me now that the fact after 5-0 you expect alot of changes but Ole here has burned his Bench showing them he doesnt believe in them
    so we will see the same team
    Funny.
  • Shshj
    9491 posts League Winner
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

While he have that control at United?
  • Tornado31619
    30325 posts National Team Captain
    The thing is, how many more signings do we need? A DM, and possibly a R(W)B. And Rice has to be the priority for the former.
  • Thefranchise92
    edited October 26
    El_Nino wrote: »

Nah that's waffle, I agree Conte takes you straight into the title picture, but it's ludicrous to say he only falls out with unambitious owners.

Na he’s obviously had issues at chelsea who are arguably more ambitious but I mean inter was hardly his fault ?

I think we have an opportunity to rectify 8 years of mistakes here similarly to what pool did. Imo we should be choosing between Rodgers and poch for longevity and ambition
  • Thefranchise92
    Shshj wrote: »
    Conte falls out with people because he wants to things his way. His tactics, his players, his drills, his signings.

The issue is that, particularly with signings, no club is run by a manager anymore. Everything happens at the board level.

Some of the players he wanted while with us were ridiculous. Giaccherini, Candreva and the likes. The board veto’d his choices and he threw a paddy.

I don’t see an issue with that though, how can you put pressure on a manager and dictate to him who should play and who you should sign?

The only thing that makes this different is maybe he has respect for uniteds history and sir Alex and relaxed himself a bit
  • SimenHP
    4579 posts National Call-Up

Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?
  • Thefranchise92
    The thing is, how many more signings do we need? A DM, and possibly a R(W)B. And Rice has to be the priority for the former.

I’d rather not sign rice ( the prices hammers are quoting are ridiculous, moyes said in an interview that 100 m was last summer 🤡)

I just want us to stop signing the obvious players and go back to atleast a semi gem.

What is wrong with ndidi or bissouma?
  • Rand0m Hero
    1153 posts Professional
    I love SAF but he should really stay out of this. I’m sure there are those at the club who still seek his advice but he can’t be truly unbiased in this instance.
  • El_Nino
    8835 posts League Winner

Na he’s obviously had issues at chelsea who are arguably more ambitious but I mean inter was hardly his fault ?

I think we have an opportunity to rectify 8 years of mistakes here similarly to what pool did. Imo we should be choosing between Rodgers and poch for longevity and ambition

I agree Inter wasn't his fault, but @Shshj summed it up well, ambition isn't the only issue, if he doesn't have 100% control then he will throw a paddy.

No way he gets that with you, look how overly involved Sir Alex still is, look what happened with Mourinho, certain signings got vetoed.

There is categorically no chance he ever gets everything his own way at United, which will inevitably lead to arguments and him leaving.

He will 100% improve you short term, but there is zero chance it's ever more than for a couple of seasons, the question is can he win a major trophy with you in the next two seasons, if so it's worth it.
  • yosef167
    3238 posts National Call-Up
    I love SAF but he should really stay out of this. I’m sure there are those at the club who still seek his advice but he can’t be truly unbiased in this instance.

Moyes - No quality - Same national - friends
    Ole - No quality - Friends.
    we dont take based in Quality thats why we fail
    if i was friend of Saf i could have a chance to manager United
    this is proffesional football club or Sunday league team?
  • Ahmer50x
    31176 posts National Team Captain

It seems like everyone has an opinion on this except John Murtough, who is the one who really should be deciding :joy:
  • Thefranchise92

I agree Inter wasn't his fault, but @Shshj summed it up well, ambition isn't the only issue, if he doesn't have 100% control then he will throw a paddy.

No way he gets that with you, look how overly involved Sir Alex still is, look what happened with Mourinho, certain signings got vetoed.

There is categorically no chance he ever gets everything his own way at United, which will inevitably lead to arguments and him leaving.

He will 100% improve you short term, but there is zero chance it's ever more than for a couple of seasons, the question is can he win a major trophy with you in the next two seasons, if so it's worth it.
    Can I get insight into some of his demands at chelsea ?

Also chelsea are very much gearing towards self sufficiency and net spend so I doubt Roman just gifts Willy nilly into demands like our board can do with trust.
  • Cyodine
    4097 posts National Call-Up
    yosef167 wrote: »

Moyes - No quality - Same national - friends
    Ole - No quality - Friends.
    we dont take based in Quality thats why we fail
    if i was friend of Saf i could have a chance to manager United
    this is proffesional football club or Sunday league team?

Isn't SAF one of the primary reasons the Glazers were able to buy the club?
  • forearms
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 26
    Ashy wrote: »
    This is probably why Ole hasn't gone yet, because they are split on who to get and whether Conte is the right man

I see it more like:

1. Glazers don't want to buyout another manager/staff after recently resigning them to extensions, and are hoping he can at least salvage top 4
    2. SAF wants to back his former player (like all his former teammates are doing as well) and give him more time, while also not wanting another non-United idealogist coming in after what happened with Jose.
  • El_Nino
    8835 posts League Winner
    edited October 26

Also chelsea are very much gearing towards self sufficiency and net spend so I doubt Roman just gifts Willy nilly into demands like our board can do with trust.

He wanted 100% control Over signings, including control over the youth academy.
    It's well known our board and Roman have a say in who we sign, as do yours(as do all top clubs really).

Another huge red flag was how he handled Costa, our star striker at the time being told to find a new club over text.

To put it simply he's a world class manager, but the second anyone goes against him on anything it's over.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34637 posts National Team Captain
    Conor has some wild takes on things more often than not. But it’s hard to argue with this.

• Thefranchise92

He wanted 100% control Over signings, including control over the youth academy.
    It's well known our board and Roman have a say in who we sign, as do yours(as do all top clubs really).

Another huge red flag was how he handled Costa, our star striker at the time being told to find a new club over text.

To put it simply he's a world class manager, but the second anyone goes against him on anything it's over.

Oh yeah I remember some of these. Ok maybe he’s not the answer.
  • forearms
    edited October 26
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    It's honestly kind of sad. I get the whole SAF tribute act thing but this is like your dad going into school to fight your battles.

Definitely sounds like it.

Post edited by forearms on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34637 posts National Team Captain
    forearms wrote: »
    It's honestly kind of sad. I get the whole SAF tribute act thing but this is like your dad going into school to fight your battles.

• Ahmer50x
    31176 posts National Team Captain

This is also known as the "please Ole steady up enough to get top 4 so we can target Ten Hag/Poch in the summer rather than have to deal with Conte now"

I don't think the gambit will work. I think Conte will be here in the break.
  • Tornado31619
    30325 posts National Team Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »

Which shouldn't be the case imo. Unless ofcourse a manager have impossible request like I want Mbappe, Haaland, Salah in one summer market. But if a manager want for example Candreva, he should be allowed to go for him. The manager is the only one who can see who will fit him the best.

So let's say Conte had come in 6 months ago and he wanted Fernando from Sevilla instead of CR7. Wouldn't it make sense to go for him if he will fit the playstyle more? How will you ever expect to win a trophy if you buy players that doesn't fit the managers football style?

I’m already getting Mourinho flashbacks from this comment.

The man would have signed Perišić and Willian if he had his way. We all knew he’d be gone in a year or two anyway, so why sign even more deadwood than we already had?

I know that Conte didn’t have full control over transfers (e.g. Lukaku), but the only good signings he made for Chelsea were Kanté and Alonso, and Alonso is only because Tüchel played him as a wing-back again after he flopped under Sarri and Lampard.
  • El_Nino
    8835 posts League Winner
    Conor has some wild takes on things more often than not. But it’s hard to argue with this.

You know it's concerning when even Connor can identify issues better than your board 😂
  • forearms
    forearms wrote: »

Thanks 😊