Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Stlducks
    7761 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    But losing to Liverpool is not going to push Ole out. That is one of the few losses the board would look at and say "not surprising they are a great team" If he was losing to Burnley, Newcastle, etc then that would be more impactful but if we have realized anything this season it is that the board is behind Ole for now.

@Ahmer50x has the right idea. Finishing this season as strong as possible and the board will move on in the summer. United will have to be knocked out of CL and out of the top four race by Jan if Ole was going to be fired unless something behind the scenes drastically changes.

We finished 2nd in our group during our final season with Jose. A 3-1 defeat at Anfield sent him packing the following week.

We all know Jose was fired because of the attitude around the club and not results. The board was forced into the move because of players and media, not Jose. He won more trophies than Ole but was not given nearly this much time.
  • yosef167
    3255 posts National Call-Up
    i wouldnt go against @Tornado31619 that much and i dont think he is wishing bad for United . We was already losing and he felt Fine if it comes let it be and then we can get brighter future.
    i was happy to get the win at the end but looking far and the fact we all can agree That Now or later OGS wont succes as United Manager (Trophies ) and we can feel that the potenital we have is getting seriously wasted . its sad that this team is supporting a manager who just doesnt deserve it over Aiming for Trophis

in other note. Pogba is a must to have in .. he made bruno look brighter.
  • Ahmer50x
    31220 posts National Team Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense. Short term pain, long term gain. This season is still salvageable. If losses get Ole out the door and a more competent manager in sooner, the chances of turning the season round increases tremendously. Ronaldo is about to turn 37. You can’t really begrudge people thinking this way. Towards the end of Roy Hodgson’s stint at Liverpool, football was almost dead to me. I couldn’t even look forward to games anymore. I am not ashamed to say I wanted him out and every loss that got us closer to it pleased me.

The problem here is a loss may have pushed Ole to the exit but also pushed us to the CL exit.

Can't salvage the season if we're out of the competition :joy:

I’d be more worried about not finishing 4th, at this rate. It’s important to be in the CL next season, imo.

I know it's a concern. If we lose out our next 3 league matches before the break, I'd push the button too.

I'm just saying IF we can somehow limp to 4th and do it in the summer with full choice of who we want, it'd be better. If we can't, we'll have to act.

Would you want Ten Hag or Poch in the summer as of now?

Tough decision that I'm not sure about.

I think we WOULD go for Poch. He's the apple of Joel Glazer's eye.

Poch knows English football, plays good football, will have won Ligue 1. On the other hand, I don't think PSG will win the CL atm and that's the only competition we can really judge them in. He feels like a solid 7-8/10 hire guaranteed.

Ten Hag could end up going south but also could be generationally brilliant. We need to see him when he has to manage egos, have more competition weekly, etc.

I'd be very happy with either and I'm not sure who I prefer. In 2019, I wanted us to wait till the end of the season and hire Poch when Ole was made permanent so I'm obviously a huge fan but Ten Hag is tempting atm as the hot name.

One thing I'm not on board with is the shouts for Potter etc from some quarters. We don't need someone learning CL management on the job again. Did that with Moyes and Ole now. Go for someone with experience at the top.
  • Tornado31619
    30344 posts National Team Captain
    I’d rather keep Ole than go for anybody other than Poch, Zidane or ten Hag. That includes Conte.
  • forearms
    5725 posts Big Money Move
    Reading through all the comments after finishing watching the match just now is entertaining.

One thing not brought up was how much Atalanta allowed that comeback to happen. They seemed perfectly content on sitting on the lead, but had they continued to play like they did in the first half, I see us giving up at least another goal.

I feel like a moment of appreciation is deserved for Bruno.
    Bruno had 8 key passes again this match. I know he gives away the ball too much, but he also provides sooooo many chances that people forget about when they dont result in a goal. He not only leads the CL in key passes, but also leads the PL by 9 key passes over the next 2 highest players.
  • Tornado31619
    Might as well. Pointless transfer
  • Kanturk
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    It makes perfect sense. Short term pain, long term gain. This season is still salvageable. If losses get Ole out the door and a more competent manager in sooner, the chances of turning the season round increases tremendously. Ronaldo is about to turn 37. You can’t really begrudge people thinking this way. Towards the end of Roy Hodgson’s stint at Liverpool, football was almost dead to me. I couldn’t even look forward to games anymore. I am not ashamed to say I wanted him out and every loss that got us closer to it pleased me.

The problem here is a loss may have pushed Ole to the exit but also pushed us to the CL exit.

I’d be more worried about not finishing 4th, at this rate. It’s important to be in the CL next season, imo.

I know it's a concern. If we lose out our next 3 league matches before the break, I'd push the button too.

I'm just saying IF we can somehow limp to 4th and do it in the summer with full choice of who we want, it'd be better. If we can't, we'll have to act.

You reckon there's gonna be bigger choice in the summer? I can't see who we would consider that would be only available at the end of the season.
  • Ashy
    17535 posts World Class
    Ten Hag, Poch are manager that are not available now but could be in the summer. Honestly for a club like Man Utd almost any manager is available apart from a handful
  • yosef167
    edited October 21
    We already missed Poch once. missed Tuchel and we will continue just to give Ole another chance and other chance in doing it
    despite it being hard to find a replacement now .. waiting for the summer means giving up a season which is stupid to do
  • yosef167
    Per Fabrizio Romano in Youtube
    "Liverpool match is key"
    "It wont be about Sacking him or not its about him controlling the situation or not"
    The fact the players are behind him as the second half against atlanta the second half shows it makes the board believe and protect OGS

looks like only if the players go against him he will get the sack and i find it hard to happen as he is "Kind man" who hard to go against
    So be happy our rivals

• Ahmer50x
    Kanturk wrote: »

You reckon there's gonna be bigger choice in the summer? I can't see who we would consider that would be only available at the end of the season.

Ten Hag and Poch IMO are the two and they are my personal favorites as things stand.

I see the attraction of getting in a Zidane or a Conte now too. They're fantastic managers and I won't be upset if we went for either, but I think I'd probably wait and go for one of the other two if I could.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34666 posts National Team Captain
    Could be mind games but supposedly Bruno’s status for the game this weekend is a doubt. VDB finally going to get a chance?
  • Ahmer50x
    Could be mind games but supposedly Bruno’s status for the game this weekend is a doubt. VDB finally going to get a chance?

There's no way Bruno doesn't start.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34666 posts National Team Captain

There's no way Bruno doesn't start.

Yeah agreed, most likely mind games. Was just relaying what OGS said to the press
  • NucksNation
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 22
    He saying the same about rashy.. I think it’s “game time” decision that klopp will find out when he sees the team sheet

Chelsea is also without timo and lukaku for 2 weeks, let’s see if it hinders their position
  • Pxul_
    11602 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t think Klopp will have too much to say, you guys don’t really have a style of play. So he’ll probs just stick fab on Ronaldo all game.
  • arsenalap
    11269 posts Has That Special Something
    Pointless sticking Fab on Ronaldo, he's only deadly in the box.

Stick Fab on Bruno and you'll be fine.
  • yosef167
    the only way to stop Ronaldo is to stop the whole team
    Man marking on him never helped anyone
  • forearms
    5725 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 22

I agree with both you and Ahmer that hes going to play anyway. I imagine it would be Lingard over VDB if it ever came to that though.
  • Tornado31619
    We just need to cancel out the full-backs
  • Ashy
    17535 posts World Class

How
  • Tornado31619
    Ashy wrote: »

How

Inshallah
  • Tornado31619
    Fr though, I think it was McT who just sat on Fabinho at OT two years ago
  • Pietu
    10521 posts Has That Special Something
    Fr though, I think it was McT who just sat on Fabinho at OT two years ago

How did he not get a red for that? 😤
  • yosef167

Chelsea want trophies
    we want top4 thats the diff
  • Stlducks
    7761 posts League Winner
    yosef167 wrote: »

Chelsea want trophies
    we want top4 thats the diff

Chelsea also have zero loyalty to managers. It's impossible to compare any situation to them when it comes to managers.