Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• yosef167
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 17
    I know and i understand it but i am talking about whats going in person mind the moment
    me myself a fan watching from Home i got the lose hard on me that i had exam this morning and needed to study bit after the Match but i couldnt it was hard to accept the way we played . my mind was off
    if i was in the stadium i would seriously just walk out
  • yosef167
    [img][/img]IMG-20211016-WA0022.jpg

This is Real love For United from me doesnt matter what or where we are <3 Watching game using Hospital PC
    :# #never miss a game
  • Ahmer50x
    31071 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 17
    Shshj wrote: »
    I think we all know the writing’s on the wall for Ole, so when do you think he’ll be sacked?

End of the season or when top 4 is impossible is my guess.

I like Ten Hag and Zidane but I think our board only has eyes for Poch. They’ll try to get to the summer so they can get him.
  • yosef167
    Yea right ahmer .. and it make no sense seeing Ole out if we will not have top option availabe
    going from average to average wont help
  • Ahmer50x
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Yea right ahmer .. and it make no sense seeing Ole out if we will not have top option availabe

There are some decent risks out there like Potter but for me the shortlist is just 3 guys: Ten Hag, Zidane, and Poch. Not sure about the order at this time.

Conte IMO is a better manager than all of them but he's not a good fit for United.
  • Pietu
    10384 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

There are some decent risks out there like Potter but for me the shortlist is just 3 guys: Ten Hag, Zidane, and Poch. Not sure about the order at this time.

Conte IMO is a better manager than all of them but he's not a good fit for United.

Zidane apparently wants the France job.
  • Ahmer50x
    Pietu wrote: »

Zidane apparently wants the France job.

Yeah, I don't think he's interested. Just saying I'd take him.

The other two are more for the end of the season than now it would appear. Hence why Ole hanging on and getting 4th is important. If it looks like we'll miss top 4, we'll need an interim.

But I don't think we could make a permanent appointment at this time due to lack of availability.
  • Tornado31619
    30135 posts National Team Captain
    Poch may be another ‘nearly man’ but at least he has proper tactics.
  • Ashy
    17442 posts World Class
    Ten Hag is something I honestly think will explode once he gets a top job
  • Pxul_
    11585 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »

He’s someone I want when Klopp inevitably leaves🥲
  • arsenalap
    11192 posts Has That Special Something

What does that mean? :D

He will do well or badly?
  • Ahmer50x

I'm inclined to agree he'll very quickly rocket to the top echelon but it's just hard to trust someone from the Eredivisie :joy:
  • Ashy
    17442 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »

What does that mean? :D

He will do well or badly?

Do well ;)
  • Teh Zombz
    5029 posts Big Money Move
    not sure i'd want poch now, always wanted him to rebuild us but ole has already done a good job with that

need a manager that knows how to win titles now so i'd prefer conte out of all the managers that we could realistically get
  • Ahmer50x
    Despite the damage, there is no hint that United’s board are wavering in their support of the manager, who is nearly three years into the job and signed a new contract to 2024 in the summer. Solskjaer has credit in the bank from stabilising the club, increasing United’s points total and position season on season, bringing through academy players, recruiting well, and restoring a progressive culture since taking over.

The faith in Solskjaer’s work at Old Trafford sustains, whatever the calls for him to go, with #OleOut once again trending on Twitter.

Another point to consider is the changeover happening above him. Ed Woodward is stepping down as executive vice-chairman at the end of this year, with Richard Arnold expected to take over, and there is a sense that embarking on a manager search in those circumstances would be especially complicated. The decision ultimately rests with co-chairman Joel Glazer, the most involved of the sibling owners, and there is no indication of an appetite to act.

Latest from The Athletic
  • Ashy
    17442 posts World Class
    edited October 17
    Maybe when the top 3 push away and 4th looks very competitive potentially they will soon get itchy feet. You will always be in the top 4 fight especially with your squad what I'm interested to see play out is if the UCL campaign goes to pot, what will be the consequences for Ole.

They keep saying 2024 like it doesn't even matter if you don't challenge this year or win a cup, Ole has credit in the bank to go again next season, there is no pressure on him whatsoever
  • Ahmer50x
    Maybe when the top 3 push away and 4th looks very competitive potentially they will soon get itchy feet. You will always be in the top 4 fight especially with your squad what I'm interested to see play out is if the UCL campaign goes to pot

My guess is they'll keep him if it looks like he can secure 4th and then do the change in the summer. We know the owners don't like midseason changes unless we're way off top 4. I think Mourinho was 10 pts off top 4 when he got the sack. Van Gaal stayed relatively close and was given until the end of the season.
  • Shshj
    9390 posts League Winner
    I think the “credit in the bank” is a good insight into the mindset of the United hierarchy. They’re not fussed about winning.

Ole’s rebuilt well but he’s been under scrutiny for a while now, it’s not like this poor start is just a blip in form and he no longer has excuses for the quality In the squad.

He should be on the thinnest of ice.
  • Ashy
    17442 posts World Class
  • Stlducks
    7677 posts League Winner
    It’s a tough debate. On one hand the fixture list is very, very difficult. On the other hand, you’re Manchester United. Outside of City, Liverpool, and Chelsea you should be seen as favorites against anyone else in the league.
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »
    It’s a tough debate. On one hand the fixture list is very, very difficult. On the other hand, you’re Manchester United. Outside of City, Liverpool, and Chelsea you should be seen as favorites against anyone else in the league.

Can’t use fixtures as an excuse when you’ve underperformed in the easier fixtures. It’s our own fault we’re in this position.
  • Stlducks
    7677 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »

Can’t use fixtures as an excuse when you’ve underperformed in the easier fixtures. It’s our own fault we’re in this position.

I completely agree. I was referring to the boards comments about the future. They expect improvement in the next few weeks, some are saying the fixtures are hard. I don’t think a top club can ever blame fixtures.
  • SimenHP
    4533 posts National Call-Up
    Have anything other than signing CR7 and Sancho happend since the fans took over the stadium before the summer?
  • Cyodine
    4045 posts National Call-Up
    What are the wages of Sancho and Ronaldo?
  • VVD4
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cyodine wrote: »

Ronaldo is on £510K.

Sancho is on £350K.
  • Cyodine
    4045 posts National Call-Up
    VVD4 wrote: »

Ronaldo is on £510K.

Sancho is on £350K.

I didn't realise they were on such high wages, that's insane.
  • Nem
    7840 posts League Winner
    Not much value for money there so far
  • Tornado31619
    30135 posts National Team Captain
    I’m waiting for a competent manager to come in before judging them (so naturally I’ll be waiting a while)
  • VVD4
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    VVD4 wrote: »

Ronaldo is on £510K.

Sancho is on £350K.

I didn't realise they were on such high wages, that's insane.

I was never big on the Ronaldo signing (personally felt like it set them back and that it was history repeating itself after seemingly doing things right in the transfer window for a little while) but Sancho has surprised me. I’ve said before on here that I told my friend irl that I expected him to get Salah numbers for United (more assists than goals though) and be just as good a signing Bruno was, but he’s been so, so bad, it’s unreal. Don’t really like the excuses being made for him either. There is no excuse to cost that much and be this bad. It’s like Pepe for Arsenal and Sanchez for United all over again