Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• arsenalap
    10970 posts Has That Special Something
    It should be Ronaldo.

If Ronaldo missed nobody would be really saying it should have been Fernandes. Whereas the vice versa exists. Just adds pressure.
  • Tornado31619
    29099 posts Player of the Year
    Ronaldo on pens and Bruno on free kicks. Ole really needs to step in here rather than attempt to accommodate both egos.
  • NucksNation
    4307 posts National Call-Up
    I can tell you that if that Cr missed that PK. Ppl would be saying why didn’t Bruno take it.. he was 21/21.. why change it.. Ole needs to step in and show that he’s the coach not CR.. there’s no winning on this..
    Bruno had the armband and it was the right call for him to take it considering this record and if he missed it.. it happens
  • arsenalap
    arsenalap wrote: »
    It should be Ronaldo.

If Ronaldo missed nobody would be really saying it should have been Fernandes. Whereas the vice versa exists. Just adds pressure.

You don't think that had Ronaldo come in and taken over PK duties from Bruno, who's scored 21 out of 22 PK's since joining United, and missed is FIRST PK on his return... that a good chunk of the fan base wouldn't have been complaining about why Bruno didn't take it?

200.gif

Not really tbh. Honestly thought Ronaldo would just be given them, and so did most I thought?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34358 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 26
    It should be Ronaldo.

You don't think that had Ronaldo come in and taken over PK duties from Bruno, who's scored 21 out of 22 PK's since joining United, and missed is FIRST PK on his return... that a good chunk of the fan base wouldn't have been complaining about why Bruno didn't take it?

200.gif

Not really tbh. Honestly thought Ronaldo would just be given them, and so did most I thought?

I mean I agree that most thought he’d be given them as long as Bruno stayed on FK’s. But with that said it’s not a shock Bruno took it given he was 23/24 going into it since joining with that miss in the season he joined. But with how fandom and fanbases are, 100% you’d have fans question the decision if CR7 stepped up and miss, probably less so if Bruno was less efficient at the spot.

Anyways. It’s done. Got to move on. Interested to see what happens at the next. Personally I respect that Ronaldo didn’t come in demanding to take it, etc.
  • Teh Zombz
    4962 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 27
  • Kman
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    We know 433 has the potential to unlock this team…I’d say we need to try it. Bruno and Pogba ahead of Matic/Fred until we can buy a solid DM. We need Pogba up in the attack but we need wingers that will take on their man and go beyond. Big help with Rashford coming back but for now I think Sancho and Greenwood can do that job
  • arsenalap
    Ole should do something more tactical.

We have Tomiyasu form a back 3 while Tierney attacks and when we had Partey on his own in the middle it helped a good bit.

Why can't United do a similar thing. Especially with Sancho on the right who can provide width on his own.

Yes you stop AWB attacking but is that a big deal?
  • yosef167
    2783 posts Fans' Favourite

We have Tomiyasu form a back 3 while Tierney attacks and when we had Partey on his own in the middle it helped a good bit.

Why can't United do a similar thing. Especially with Sancho on the right who can provide width on his own.

Ole seems to stuck in his formation.. and subs
  • Hard to know what he was expecting in terms of game time. He should have been let go in the summer.
  • SimenHP
    4290 posts National Call-Up

For some reason I thought he was sold last summer 🤣
  • arsenalap
    So? Most famous people don't
  • Stlducks
    7036 posts Big Money Move
    It’s smart by Rashford not to post his own. I’m sure he has a big say in what is posted but it’s also a filter for him. A social media team to check what he wants to post before it’s posted.
  • Teh Zombz
    4962 posts National Call-Up
    unforgivable
  • Nem
    7769 posts League Winner
    Let's have it right, there's certain people on one side of the political divide in this country that now have it in for him after the work he put in over the last year and bit 😏
  • forearms
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Not surprised to see who posted that "gotcha" attempt. I mean seriously, who cares?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Teh Zombz wrote: »

Completely agree.
    Kman wrote: »
    We know 433 has the potential to unlock this team…I’d say we need to try it. Bruno and Pogba ahead of Matic/Fred until we can buy a solid DM. We need Pogba up in the attack but we need wingers that will take on their man and go beyond. Big help with Rashford coming back but for now I think Sancho and Greenwood can do that job

Agreed... still don't understand OGS sometimes. 433 was the formation used that won him the job and then he completely abandoned it.

TBF, this is what Matic does quite a bit. If you notice, when we're not high up the pitch and a full back is, he'll slot in between the CB's and gives them extra cover. This never happens when Fred and Mctominay play together.
  • forearms
    5549 posts Big Money Move

Completely agree.

Agreed... still don't understand OGS sometimes. 433 was the formation used that won him the job and then he completely abandoned it.

TBF, this is what Matic does quite a bit. If you notice, when we're not high up the pitch and a full back is, he'll slot in between the CB's and gives them extra cover. This never happens when Fred and Mctominay play together.

We've both talked about how much he settles the backline when hes in there. Stepping into the back 4 to provide an additional defender is one of those tactics. This is one thing that never happens with either Fred or McTominay like you say. It's what you get from an actual defensive midfielder.

I find it similar to what you get when Rashford/Martial plays up top versus what you get when it's Cavani/Ronaldo. They lack the instincts and movements that real strikers have. McTominay/Fred lack those DM instincts and positioning.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    forearms wrote: »

Completely agree.

We've both talked about how much he settles the backline when hes in there. Stepping into the back 4 to provide an additional defender is one of those tactics. This is one thing that never happens with either Fred or McTominay like you say. It's what you get from an actual defensive midfielder.

I find it similar to what you get when Rashford/Martial plays up top versus what you get when it's Cavani/Ronaldo. They lack the instincts and movements that real strikers have. McTominay/Fred lack those DM instincts and positioning.

100% agree with all of this
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    This ain't good especially with the fixtures coming up
  • Tornado31619
    Be curious to see Varane with Lindelöf
  • Ahmer50x
    30636 posts National Team Captain
    I think we’ll be fine. Lindelof has been good when he’s played this season and Maguire has had a dodgy start.
  • Tornado31619
    Being linked with Kalvin Phillips. Do think he’s slightly overhyped ngl
  • yosef167
    2783 posts Fans' Favourite

isnt he die hard fan of leeds?
  • Ashy
    16696 posts World Class
    yosef167 wrote: »

isnt he die hard fan of leeds?