Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    11470 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ole isn't winning anything again is he?

All about the league this year mate. We’re throwing all the cups in the bin like Jurgen :joy:

Jurgen wins the important ones ;) *insert gif off him counting to 6*😂
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don’t think shambolic is an overstatement, tbh. 6 appearances, 0 goals, 0 assists and generally doesn’t seem to impact games at all.

I have a friend, who I told that Sancho could produce Salah numbers (not first season Salah) for United. Safe to say, he’s mocking me at every opportunity so far.
  • yosef167
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite
    VVD4 wrote: »
    I don’t think shambolic is an overstatement, tbh. 6 appearances, 0 goals, 0 assists and generally doesn’t seem to impact games at all.

I have a friend, who I told that Sancho could produce Salah numbers (not first season Salah) for United. Safe to say, he’s mocking me at every opportunity so far.

Do you ever Consider that football is not Fifa?
    for players it takes time to build confidence and adapt.. for others it take 1 min..
    messi is also shambless for not adapting yet to the french football?
    Sancho did show what he has in his legs and we all know once he adapt to new players.. style of play etc he will give better numbers. no one can even give a rating in 6 games time *(not all full games as well)
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    yosef167 wrote: »

for players it takes time to build confidence and adapt.. for others it take 1 min..
    Sancho did show what he has in his legs and we all know once he adapt to new players.. style of play etc he will give better numbers. no one can even give a rating in 6 games time *(not all full games as well)

Sancho grew up playing football in England, he is the last person I'd expect to need adapting.
  • Pietu
    10125 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 23
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

How much do you guys think you could get for him?
  • Nem
    7778 posts League Winner
    20 at the most.
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope we pick him up as our 5th/6th choice forward, as his 1 goal in 23 appearances clearly shows how much better than Origi he is.
  • yosef167
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite

Sancho grew up playing football in England, he is the last person I'd expect to need adapting.

Adapting is not about weather /life style
    Points might fail you at the start or force you time :
    *Pressure on Playing for Top team
    *New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing
    *Price you was brought by
    the last 2 are confidence related
    we can bring more 10 points that can prove that he might need time to show his ability
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing
    we can bring more 10 points that can prove that he might need time to show his ability

When was the last time a top player came to the PL, started very poorly, and then went on to be really good? In my viewing experience, they tend to show their quality early doors.
  • arsenalap
    11039 posts Has That Special Something

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

When was the last time a top player came to the PL, started very poorly, and then went on to be really good? In my viewing experience, they tend to show their quality early doors.

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

Havertz, Fabinho, Cancelo, Rodri, B. Silva, Probably others but they come to mind.

Tbh, I actually don't rate Sancho too much, mostly as i've never seen him play well for England so I was dubious, but he's 21 and played 8 games...

Again, not sure how people can want to make judgements after 8 games, it's silly.
  • forearms
    5568 posts Big Money Move

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

I was thinking about this the other day. The one that jumped to mind was Bernardo Silva. We were linked with him before he went to City. I remember him struggling early, and turning it around his second season. It could be that I'm not remembering it that clearly though. Also, we all hope Sancho will be better than Silva, so theres that too.

I'm still of the opinion that it's way too early to make any reasonable judgement on him yet.
  • arsenalap
    Seems to be a pattern with City players..
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 23
    arsenalap wrote: »

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

Havertz, Fabinho, Cancelo, Rodri, B. Silva, Probably others but they come to mind.

Tbh, I actually don't rate Sancho too much, mostly as i've never seen him play well for England so I was dubious, but he's 21 and played 8 games...

Again, not sure how people can want to make judgements after 8 games, it's silly.

Fabinho didn't start poorly. His first minutes came on GW 9 and his first start came on GW 10, and he never looked back from there. Poor example.

Havertz is yet to hit the heights of his performances in Germany. He got 17 goals and 3 assists in the League in 18/19, 12 goals and 6 assists in 19/20, and then moved to Chelsea and got 4 goals and 3 assists. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in 5 appearances so far this season. People were labelling him a flop for a reason. Time will tell if he turns into a monster, but it hasn't happened yet.

Rodri is a terrible example. He is still not that good. Seen plenty of City fans wanting him gone, as he cannot seem to adapt to the PL.

B. Silva is a weird one. He came, started pretty decently, became rather good, then tailed off again. Not really a great example either.

Not fancy replying to my post in the Liverpool thread, btw?7

Edit: Missed Cancelo. Meh, I'm talking about attacking players, really. What was so bad about Cancelo's start? Tbh, I haven't paid attention to him.
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    Btw I am not saying Sancho is a bad signing full stop. I've just said he's been a shambolic one so far.
  • arsenalap
    edited September 23

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

Fabinho didn't start poorly. His first minutes came on GW 9 and his first start came on GW 10, and he never looked back from there. Poor example.

Havertz is yet to hit the heights of his performances in Germany. He got 17 goals and 3 assists in the League in 18/19, 12 goals and 6 assists in 19/20, and then moved to Chelsea and got 4 goals and 3 assists. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in 5 appearances so far this season. People were labelling him a flop for a reason. Time will tell if he turns into a monster, but it hasn't happened yet.

Rodri is a terrible example. He is still not that good. Seen plenty of City fans wanting him gone, as he cannot seem to adapt to the PL.

B. Silva is a weird one. He came, started pretty decently, became rather good, then tailed off again. Not really a great example either.

Not fancy replying to my post in the Liverpool thread, btw?

I remember Fabinho not playing for a while, then playing poorly for a bit, then picking it up slowly. I'll take your word on that one, but I seem to remember it quite well.

Havertz isn't a monster, but he started very poorly, and picked it up quite well. He was very good at the end of last season. Stats are a measurement, but just watching games is another.

Disagree heavily on Rodri, I think he's a good player. I also have seen many City fans who like him.

B. Silva and Cancelo are perfectly fine examples, again you're just ignoring them. Both started quite poorly and turned it around. They're still inconsistent, but they're both good players. It depends on what you expect for Sancho, I don't think he'll be a world beater ever imo, but he can still easily turn it around and become a very decent player.

And no. We go round and round in circles, you seem to ignore the points I make and just repeat the same rubbish, so i'm done with that, waste of time. It's also why nobody else can be bothered replying to you if you were wondering.
  • arsenalap
    Btw I am not saying Sancho is a bad signing full stop. I've just said he's been a shambolic one so far.

Out of interest, why do you logically think it's even worth judging players after 8 games?

Fine you can point out he hasn't played well so far, but to everyone on the outside, you're just saying it to gloat, whereas everyone else is fully aware you shouldn't really cast judgement on things on such a small sample size.

Is Benzema going to get 90 goals/assists in the league this season? Are Brighton going to finish top 6, no.

So why judge things the other way round so early.
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

I remember Fabinho not playing for a while, then playing poorly for a bit, then picking it up slowly. I'll take your word on that one, but I seem to remember it quite well.

Havertz isn't a monster, but he started very poorly, and picked it up quite well. He was very good at the end of last season. Stats are a measurement, but just watching games is another.

Disagree heavily on Rodri, I think he's a good player. I also have seen many City fans who like him.

B. Silva and Cancelo are perfectly fine examples, again you're just ignoring them. Both started quite poorly and turned it around. They're still inconsistent, but they're both good players. It depends on what you expect for Sancho, I don't think he'll be a world beater ever imo, but he can still easily turn it around and become a very decent player.

And no. We go round and round in circles, you seem to ignore the points I make and just repeat the same rubbish, so i'm done with that, waste of time. It's also why nobody else can be bothered replying to you if you were wondering.

I've already said, I expected Sancho to be a player who produces Salah numbers (but more assists than goals, let's say, 10G and 10-15A). His numbers in Germany were insanely good, and I personally saw no reason why he wouldn't replicate it in the PL, as stylistically, he is perfect for it. But so far he is proving me wrong. He's been woeful for England too, so maybe the German League is actually a lot easier to perform in? We've seen it with Werner too, and Havertz.

I didn't ignore the points you made at all, I literally addressed them one by one in my response, lol, wtf. Such a cop out.
  • arsenalap

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

I've already said, I expected Sancho to be a player who produces Salah numbers (but more assists than goals, let's say, 10G and 10-15A). His numbers in Germany were insanely good, and I personally saw no reason why he wouldn't replicate it in the PL, as stylistically, he is perfect for it. But so far he is proving me wrong. He's been woeful for England too, so maybe the German League is actually a lot easier to perform in? We've seen it with Werner too, and Havertz.

I didn't ignore the points you made at all, I literally addressed them one by one in my response, lol, wtf. Such a cop out.

Yh but equally some players have come from there and done well here, so it's 50/50 tbh.

Yes you did. You addressed them with the exact points you made before. Literally we are going round in circles, it's pointless and i'm done with it. The only way to tell if your depth is enough will be at the end of the season for me, so i'm leaving it there.
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 23

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

*New gamestyle
    *New team mates
    *being afraid of failing

Yh but equally some players have come from there and done well here, so it's 50/50 tbh.

Yes you did. You addressed them with the exact points you made before. Literally we are going round in circles, it's pointless and i'm done with it. The only way to tell if your depth is enough will be at the end of the season for me, so i'm leaving it there.

My point is history/precedent tells us that our depth will be fine. To predict that it won't be this season is pure conjecture, and imo, wishful thinking.

But we will see, indeed. Already, I am seeing Origi and Minamino produce the goods, whilst United fans want Martial sold :D
  • Ahmer50x
    30707 posts National Team Captain
    Don’t really have much to add to @arsenalap but I will say he’s played 327 mins in all comps, which is less than FOUR 90s.

So the 8 games thing is misleading.
  • El_Nino
    8562 posts League Winner
    I mean VVD4 is right but also pointless.

He's been a shambolic use of 70mill in the 327 minutes he's played, but you didn't pay 70 mill for his first 327 minutes.
  • arsenalap
    edited September 23
    I mean I don't understand how that point can work one way, but then the other way it's pointless.

Am I going round saying Ramsdale is the best keeper in the league after getting 3 almost MOTM performances?

No. I think he looks promising, but i'm not going to get carried away till he does it for a whole season. Same thing with Tomiyasu, he looks miles better than Emerson atm, but i'm not going to make any judgements till the end of the season, and this is from someone who wanted Emerson too.

I just find it so pointless to start talking about things after 8 games (or 270 minutes). You can say they look promising or that they look poor so far, but what use is calling a signing shambolic after such a small sample size.
  • limjitwe
    9973 posts Has That Special Something
    Sancho will come good 😊 Remember Andy Cole and RVN who all started slowly but got into the groove after bedding in.
  • VVD4
    1603 posts Play-Off Hero
    I mean I don't understand how that point can work one way, but then the other way it's pointless.

Am I going round saying Ramsdale is the best keeper in the league after getting 3 almost MOTM performances?

No. I think he looks promising, but i'm not going to get carried away till he does it for a whole season. Same thing with Tomiyasu, he looks miles better than Emerson atm, but i'm not going to make any judgements till the end of the season, and this is from someone who wanted Emerson too.

I just find it so pointless to start talking about things after 8 games (or 270 minutes). You can say they look promising or that they look poor so far, but what use is calling a signing shambolic after such a small sample size.

Sorry, my Lord. I will rephrase it just for you.

Sancho has been a poor signing so far.
  • arsenalap

Sorry, my Lord. I will rephrase it just for you.

Sancho has been a poor signing so far.

That's better ;)
  • Ahmer50x
    30707 posts National Team Captain
    The pressure on Sancho to deliver immediately with Rashford’s injury and Cavani missing so much time would’ve been huge pre-Ronaldo.

Now we’ve got someone carrying the team so he can take a few weeks to get up to speed and it’s mostly okay.
  • Nem
    7778 posts League Winner
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Sancho will come good 😊 Remember Andy Cole and RVN who all started slowly but got into the groove after bedding in.

RVN scored two on his debut? Probably not the best example.
  • SimenHP
    4343 posts National Call-Up
    I don't understand why fans from other clubs care so much about your players. I feel like it's the same with Chelsea players where people get on our thread just too for example say how bad Werner have been since joining us.
  • Pxul_
    11470 posts Has That Special Something
    Werner is 🎃🎃🎃🎃 get over it lad