• VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    SimenHP wrote: »
    VVD4 wrote: »
    Shshj wrote: »

He had a bad match that was all. This is what I hate about PL, if any player comes to a big club and have a few bad matches (like how Havertz did for us at the start) people start making fun of him and call him a flop.

Going by this, and what you've said in the Chelsea thread, I don't think football fandom is for you.

I just don't see the point in all the negativity and especially not against one player. To not like a team is fine and to banter against eachother is also fine. But I don't get the point in making fun off or hating on one player in a team when it's called a "team sport" for a reason.

You’re the guy that supports RM and Chelsea aren’t you?

Makes sense.

And you are one of those who believe that because a few of our fans are scummy against our own players, all of us are, aren't you?

Makes sense.

No, I’m saying that if you support 2 big teams like that, it makes sense that you don’t really understand football tribalism.
  • El_Nino
    8558 posts League Winner
    JUST IN: Edison Cavani is having a hospital bed surgically attached to his back to save everyone some hassle
  • Pietu
    10120 posts Has That Special Something

He had a bad match that was all. This is what I hate about PL, if any player comes to a big club and have a few bad matches (like how Havertz did for us at the start) people start making fun of him and call him a flop.

Going by this, and what you've said in the Chelsea thread, I don't think football fandom is for you.

I just don't see the point in all the negativity and especially not against one player. To not like a team is fine and to banter against eachother is also fine. But I don't get the point in making fun off or hating on one player in a team when it's called a "team sport" for a reason.

Makes sense.

And you are one of those who believe that because a few of our fans are scummy against our own players, all of us are, aren't you?

Makes sense.

No, I’m saying that if you support 2 big teams like that, it makes sense that you don’t really understand football tribalism.

Honestly, the tribalism is stupid if you literally hate the other side.
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 15
    Pietu wrote: »

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

Honestly, the tribalism is stupid if you literally hate the other side.

I’m not on about the extreme end of it. Just in general. It’s a part of what makes football, and football debates so fun. The rivalry, the banter, the competitiveness.
  • Cyodine
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Stlducks wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Lots of bait chumming the water today.

Nah, it’s just VVD going back and forth between his accounts trying to start something with United fans.

For the last time, I’m not @VVD4

We know. You’re cyodine.

For the last time, I'm not @Cyodine

Ever since your wife let you back on the internet you've been a bit feisty.
  • arsenalap
    11034 posts Has That Special Something
    Cyodine wrote: »

Nah, it’s just VVD going back and forth between his accounts trying to start something with United fans.

We know. You’re cyodine.

Imagine two 31 year olds acting like this :D
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    arsenalap wrote: »

We know. You’re cyodine.

Having a bit of banter? Making fun of ourselves? Jesus, you seem really boring tbh.
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 15

We know. You’re cyodine.

Having a bit of banter? Making fun of ourselves? Jesus, you seem really boring tbh.

You say banter, but.. literally nobody on this forum finds it funny apart from you and him.

There's banter, then there's two 31 year olds trolling on an internet forum.

I mean, you quoted the part where we are making light of the accusations that we are the same person…

As for trolling. I can’t speak for @Cyodine, but I don’t troll. I seek to engage in debates, mostly to pass time at work, but also because it is enjoyable.

If you have an issue with me or the topics I speak about, don’t engage. It’s really that simple.

And cut out the petty digs. It’s desperate.
  • Cyodine
    edited September 15

We know. You’re cyodine.

You say banter, but.. literally nobody on this forum finds it funny apart from you and him.

There's banter, then there's two 31 year olds trolling on an internet forum.

I mean, you quoted the part where we are making light of the accusations that we are the same person…

As for trolling. I can’t speak for @VVD4 , but I don’t troll. I seek to engage in debates, mostly to pass time at work, but also because it is enjoyable.

If you have an issue with me or the topics I speak about, don’t engage. It’s really that simple.

And cut out the petty digs. It’s desperate.
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D
  • Cyodine
    :D
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    For all the hate me and @Cyodine get, at least we never resort to personal attacks or petty digs, unlike some. We stick strictly to the football or whatever is the topic at hand. Even when we are being attacked.

I’d say that is very mature of us.
  • Cyodine
    For all the hate me and @Cyodine get, at least we never resort to personal attacks or petty digs, unlike some. We stick strictly to the football or whatever is the topic at hand. Even when we are being attacked.

I like to think that we set an example for how debates and discussion should be handled on this forum and in general.

I'm a bit appalled that our ages are being referenced as if we are acting like children. I think it's very childish that some claim we act like children for engaging in friendly banter and having intelligent discussions about football. I believe we are all adults here and there is no need to become that petty.
  • VVD4
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 15

I like to think that we set an example for how debates and discussion should be handled on this forum and in general.

I'm a bit appalled that our ages are being referenced as if we are acting like children. I think it's very childish that some claim we act like children for engaging in friendly banter and having intelligent discussions about football. I believe we are all adults here and there is no need to become that petty.

Agreed. For someone who spoke so strongly against bullying people for their speech or baldness in the Liverpool thread earlier today, I am very disappointed to see @arsenalap turn around and use our age as a stick to beat us with. We can’t change our date of birth. It is all very contradictory. But we’ll take it on the chin, like the adults that we are.
  • El_Nino
    8558 posts League Winner

You make plenty of well thought out points, even if I don't agree with them all, you troll abit but more so when someone else is anyway.

While I don't personally mind it, I do think Cyodine puts less effort into actual football talk and more effort in to trolling the majority of the time.
  • Pxul_
    11464 posts Has That Special Something
    Yous 2 make my day sometimes😂
  • Ashy
    16822 posts World Class
    Chuckle brothers come to mind.
  • Ahmer50x
    30705 posts National Team Captain

Hopefully back for the cup game midweek then.
  • Ahmer50x

Oh hey look. The loudmouth is back.

Can't wait for 4 months of public negotiations in the press. Either sign or don't. I don't really care. Just shut the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up :joy:
  • yosef167
    2839 posts Fans' Favourite
    not defending pogba and i think its time to make the decesion to go or stay but thats expected talk by any agent?
    what have he had to say oh pogba has a long lengh one year contract with united lets not talk about his move?
    Haland Nd mbappe made it clear where they want to go already and non one did even talk about them
    if he had 2+ years contract then the talk would be uneccesary and unacceptable like it was 2 summers ago where rightfully he was attacked
  • Ashy
    16822 posts World Class
    If I was Pogba I'd definitely wait to see how serious Utd are in the title race and UCL before signing
  • Cyodine
    Ashy wrote: »
    If I was Pogba I'd definitely wait to see how serious Utd are in the title race and UCL before signing

Especially after getting spanked by Young Boys.
  • SimenHP
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    Still the best Manchester United song...

• Tornado31619
    29307 posts Player of the Year
    Still the best Manchester United song...

Incoming jabs about the United fan being a Londoner
  • Wyojasond
    17351 posts World Class
    Great, now I’ve got “Scotty doesn’t know” stuck in my head 😂😂
  • SimenHP
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    Wyojasond wrote: »
    Great, now I’ve got “Scotty doesn’t know” stuck in my head 😂😂

I remember when I was on parties as a teenager, we always went full volum and everyone sang that song :lol:
  • Ahmer50x

Wayne Rooney needs to resign for the sake of his career. Man's done well to get them where they are atm with the constraints but this is too much. The ship is going down and he needs to exit to a life raft.
  • finsfan85
    14091 posts Has That Special Something
    Rooney posts only allowed in the United thread when convenient