Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    30395 posts National Team Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I feel like 40-50mil is a steal for Pogba if PSG can get him at that price, it might help him being back home in France with his countrymen and we all know how good he can be when he’s in the mood

It is a steal if he's on 2-3 years contract, but because he has a year left i'd say it's reasonable & i'd sell him for 40-45 honestly given the contract expiring & aslong as we can get a DM with that money+ whats left over).

I don't think keeping Pogba an extra year to go on a free is worth anything like 40+ million imo.

It’s the Varane situation except we’re the selling club and not the buying one.
  • Kman
    3715 posts National Call-Up
    finsfan85 wrote: »

And how much do you guys wanna pay for Haaland again?
  • Shshj
    8512 posts League Winner
    Massive season ahead for him. He’s done well to assemble the best team United have had since Ferguson retired, but now he needs to take that next step.

Sancho, Varane, possibly Trippier and a DM. There’s no where to hide anymore.
  • Ashy
    16244 posts World Class
    2024 with an option for a further year, so at least another 3 years. Can you imagine if you don't win a trophy or have a average European run this season with the team you are building.

Pressure is on when you are buying players like Sancho and Varane, Ole has to step it up now.
  • Pughy30
    29409 posts Player of the Year
    This season he basically has to challenge for the title with that squad, if he's 3rd or 2nd with loads of points off the leaders he should go.
  • Shshj
    8512 posts League Winner
    edited July 24
    I think it’s a tad harsh to expect him to compete with Guardiola for the title. City still have the best squad and are in pole position.

He has to at least close that gap though, alongside a deep CL run.
  • Low Ki
    12940 posts Has That Special Something
    Isn't this what happened with Mourinho? He then walked away with a bigger payout.
  • Tornado31619
    28675 posts Player of the Year
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    This season he basically has to challenge for the title with that squad, if he's 3rd or 2nd with loads of points off the leaders he should go.

:lol:
  • Ashy
    16244 posts World Class
    edited July 24
    City without a striker you have to close the gap to almost competing with them at least, talking like within 6 points, City with a striker then you give Ole a pass on the PL
  • Ahmer50x
    edited July 24
    For me, the deal is deserved but longer than I’d have gone. I’d probably have done a year shorter.

Having said that, he’s earned it so fair play. Next season is big. Would be nice to win a domestic cup but that’s not that important tbh. Bigger key is we should be in the knockout stages of the CL making a decent run and should be in the 80s points wise if the signings come in as expected.

I’m not gonna say X pts off City because if they sign Kane and get 98 points, I don’t think we have the squad to match that. We definitely should have the squad to go from 74 pts to like 85 pts though.
  • Low Ki
    12940 posts Has That Special Something
    They did it because Pogba's family are Marseille fans.
  • Ahmer50x

VDB the only one on the list who you'd call a flop IMO and I think that changes this season anyways.

Otherwise, quite a solid record.

Especially when compared to what came before. No Schweinsteiger, Rojo, Alexis, etc style disasters on that list yet
  • Ashy
    16244 posts World Class
    edited July 24
    Maguire - Good but not £80m good
    Fernandes - Brilliant
    Sancho - Good price paid but let's see how he does
    Cavani - Great, better than expected for sure
    Wan Bissaka - Meh, not really kicked on imo, thought he would be a lot better than he is by now, probably why you want a RB to push him.
    VDB - Flop as of now, lot of money paid for someone that doesn't get a proper chance too
    James - Meh, not a flop since he didn't cost a lot and he's nothing more than depth
    Amad/Pellesti - for the future, let's see
    Telles - Meh, hasn't looked that good when he's played I don't think, nothing more than depth and not much paid so a decent buy.
    Ighalo - decent from what I remember when called upon
    Heaton, nothing more than a back up/3rd choice, cost nothing which is good

Only stand outs is Bruno, Cavani I think, Maguire would be if you didn't overpay but that's what happens when you're English and the club don't want to sell.

7.5/10
  • WryLucky
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    You can argue that Telles was a good buy since it gave Shaw a kick up the backside.
  • Ashy
    16244 posts World Class
    WryLucky wrote: »
    You can argue that Telles was a good buy since it gave Shaw a kick up the backside.

True, £15m well spent really
  • yosef167
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    If we are playing the Friendlies 4231 that mean this is how we are going into the season isnt it?
  • Ahmer50x
    yosef167 wrote: »
    If we are playing the Friendlies 4231 that mean this is how we are going into the season isnt it?

Not really given that only 2 first team players are in the squad
  • Teh Zombz
    4922 posts National Call-Up
    yosef167 wrote: »

i wouldn't take pre season lines up seriously, just about giving minutes
  • Teh Zombz
    haven't touched mutv in years, do they offer live streams now?
  • Ashy
    16244 posts World Class
    Isn't Shaw out with problems with his ribs for a bit too? Brandon starting LB against Leeds then?
  • Ahmer50x
    @yosef167 we’re playing 433 today
  • Ahmer50x
    edited July 24
    Ashy wrote: »
    Isn't Shaw out with problems with his ribs for a bit too? Brandon starting LB against Leeds then?

Supposedly Shaw should be fit but you never know so it’s possible
  • yosef167
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    @yosef167 we’re playing 433 today

ah fine then i am not watching the game
    that make sense now as players need to start learning the new Tactics
  • Teh Zombz
    wait happened, 4-1 down?
  • finsfan85
    14024 posts Has That Special Something