Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    29449 posts Player of the Year
    UM4R wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    When you are demanding €80m you are not doing yourself any favours.

€50m and you may find a buyer or some sort of swap deal but there are only so many clubs Pogba can join (Barca/Madrid/PSG/Juventus) outside England

Problem is Madrid don't want him and Barca can't afford him.

It's basically just PSG and Juve. I'd take 50m euro for him. Can only hope the club eventually do the same when they realize he's probably going on a free if they don't.

Juve have just opened serious talks for Locatelli though so I can't imagine them spending big for Pogba. Feels like it's either cut rate money from PSG, some kind of swap with Ronaldo, or (most likely) he goes on a free in a year.

Can never rule out Madrid, just because Perez is so unpredictable with his transfers. Plus given his thing for signing players who have a good international tournament / big following, Pogba having a good tournament could reignite his interest. And maybe do a straight swap for Varane. Win for both clubs

That'd be ideal for us but supposedly they want cash so they can put it into their Mbappe fund.
  • Pughy30
    29204 posts Player of the Year
    The Swiss Ramble guy just done a tweet thread on some of your finances
  • SimenHP
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    UM4R wrote: »
    When you are demanding €80m you are not doing yourself any favours.

€50m and you may find a buyer or some sort of swap deal but there are only so many clubs Pogba can join (Barca/Madrid/PSG/Juventus) outside England

Problem is Madrid don't want him and Barca can't afford him.

It's basically just PSG and Juve. I'd take 50m euro for him. Can only hope the club eventually do the same when they realize he's probably going on a free if they don't.

Juve have just opened serious talks for Locatelli though so I can't imagine them spending big for Pogba. Feels like it's either cut rate money from PSG, some kind of swap with Ronaldo, or (most likely) he goes on a free in a year.

Can never rule out Madrid, just because Perez is so unpredictable with his transfers. Plus given his thing for signing players who have a good international tournament / big following, Pogba having a good tournament could reignite his interest. And maybe do a straight swap for Varane. Win for both clubs

That'd be ideal for us but supposedly they want cash so they can put it into their Mbappe fund.

We aren't getting Mbappe. A few years ago I think we had the chance, but instead we went for other players like Hazard. Now P$G have made up their mind and won't sell Mbappe unless he demands it and won't sign new contracts. The problem with buying from them is that they don't need the money + no one in our era can take his spot, so selling him would be unwise imo.
  • Ashy
    15170 posts World Class
    I'm shocked PSG are willing to let him leave for free but I guess if nobody can pay £100m for him this summer then fair enough
  • Ahmer50x

I’m happy to see Fab has moved towards mentioning Torres instead of Kounde.
  • Ahmer50x

It’s a pool of 182 players so nearly 10% for one guy is a lot 😮
  • SimenHP
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    I think this thread need to change name to "Jadon Sancho football club" after all these Jadon posts
  • Ahmer50x
  • Ashy
    15170 posts World Class
    Could see Madrid selling Varane and buying Laporte
  • Ashy
    15170 posts World Class
    edited June 23
    https://theathletic.com/2667016/2021/06/23/real-madrids-desire-to-secure-mbappe-could-help-manchester-united-sign-raphael-varane/

>Varane’s representatives are understood to have informed the Madrid hierarchy that the player desires a fresh challenge.

>For United, the question is whether to invest a significant amount of money in Varane or use their resources on younger defenders — such as the 24-year-old Villarreal and Spain centre-back Pau Torres or Sevilla’s Jules Kounde, who is in France’s Euros squad at age 22. They have scouted both players extensively. Ben White of Brighton & Hove Albion and England has been monitored, but Arsenal remain the 23-year-old’s most likely destination.

>Torres was closely followed by Manchester City before they signed Ruben Dias from Benfica last summer, while Real Madrid are admirers and keen to sign more established Spain internationals over the next two years. Villarreal are not ruling out a sale but Torres’ release clause is understood to be more than £50 million and there is less pressure on the club to sell after securing Champions League football next season by defeating Manchester United in last month’s Europa League final.

>United were originally cautious about the possibility of entering the race for Varane, having been stung in the past when Madrid stalwart Sergio Ramos convinced them he was open to a move, only to then use their interest to leverage a contract renewal at the Bernabeu. However, the Frenchman’s wish for pastures new now appears to be genuine and United are closely tracking his situation.
    Varane would likely line up on the right side of their defence as a partner for Harry Maguire, with Victor Lindelof a strong alternative rather than the automatic first-choice he has been for the past two seasons under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. United did give centre-back Eric Bailly a contract extension in April but concerns remain over his form and fitness, while Axel Tuanzebe has struggled to break into their first-team set-up.
  • Tornado31619
    27987 posts Player of the Year
    Could see Madrid selling Varane and buying Laporte

Good shout
  • El_Nino
    7948 posts League Winner
    Honestly Torres and Varane are both good options, for the price Varane is better imo, but either way your getting a good Maguire partner.
  • Tornado31619
    Let me guess, we’ve offered €85,000,001
  • Rand0m Hero
    1104 posts Professional
    My favorite part of this is how Dortmund are fully committed to not moving. United will submit two more bids before they ultimately just pay the asking price and drag this out much longer than it has to. I said it last year that some players you just don’t negotiate the price you just pay it and I think Sancho is one of those pieces.
  • Ashy
    15170 posts World Class
    edited June 23
    You can see why want €95m, they'll lose almost €15m to Man City, getting €80m which is £68m. Sure they'll find the next big thing
  • Ahmer50x
  • Kman
    3580 posts National Call-Up
    We’ll finally have a RW…I…I can’t believe it
  • NucksNation
    4166 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think any of us had any doubt about sancho. I would really like us to not lose Varane for that price tag.
    Imagine what we paid for Harry, Pool paying for virgil… heck even city paying for stones or Ake
  • Low Ki
    12708 posts Has That Special Something
    https://www.signforunited.org/eric_cantona_signs_for_united

The Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) today launches its new “Sign for United” campaign which allows United fans to register their commitment to become a supporter shareholder in the club as part of a new fan share ownership scheme which has been promised by the current owners in response to demands from MUST.

The first signatory to the new campaign is none other than Eric Cantona who announces, “Yes, my friends, I have signed for United again.”

More in there.
  • Tornado31619
    Don’t know what’s going to blow up the internet more, the No Way Home trailer or Fab’s ‘here we go’ for this deal
  • Pietu
    9295 posts League Winner
    What's No Way Home?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34122 posts National Team Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    What's No Way Home?

Spider-Man
  • Pietu
    9295 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    What's No Way Home?

Spider-Man

Ah, not surprised I don't know. Haven't watched any in ages.
  • forearms
    5338 posts Big Money Move
    I'm still not getting my hopes up yet.