Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    29015 posts Player of the Year
    Poor decision to make subs when defending a corner.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34112 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Usually I'd agree, but I don't see how that is really relevant to conceding there because the two people he brought on are definitely better equip to defending a corner than the two that came off.
  • Ahmer50x

Usually I'd agree, but I don't see how that is really relevant to conceding there because the two people he brought on are definitely better equip to defending a corner than the two that came off.

Think its a readiness thing and about flow of the game.

But either way, Rashford lost his man. Don't know why we defend zonally on set pieces. Absolutely baffling.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    yeah i hate the zonal marking on corners.
  • Pietu
    9046 posts League Winner
    I wonder what people think about Ole "disrespecting" the league. Will they think the same as they did when Klopp "disrespected" the cup? Imo "disrespecting" the league is waty way worse.
  • Ahmer50x
    Pietu wrote: »
    I wonder what people think about Ole "disrespecting" the league. Will they think the same as they did when Klopp "disrespected" the cup? Imo "disrespecting" the league is waty way worse.

I mean its a little different when you have 3 matches in 5 days than Klopp doing it on a normal schedule.

Comparing apples to orangutans there :joy:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    why bring on Bruno................
  • Ahmer50x
    why bring on Bruno................

Seemingly we want the point :joy:
  • yosef167
    2367 posts Fans' Favourite

i do say "Ole respecting his players" instead of "Ole disrespect the league"
    at the end of day those are Humans who played over 60 games per season and didnt even have time for vacation with them families
  • Pietu
    9046 posts League Winner

I mean its a little different when you have 3 matches in 5 days than Klopp doing it on a normal schedule.

Comparing apples to orangutans there :joy:

I'm sorry, valid excuses don't work here.
  • Tornado31619
    27054 posts Player of the Year
    Ole masterclass
  • Ahmer50x
    Honestly not bad given the team selected. Good rest for the first 11 there.

Let's go and end Liverpool's top 4 hopes on Thursday :sunglasses:
  • Pietu
    9046 posts League Winner
    Can't wait to knock you back where you belong next season. :smirk:
  • yosef167
    2367 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly not bad given the team selected. Good rest for the first 11 there.

Let's go and end Liverpool's top 4 hopes on Thursday :sunglasses:
    the first time i dont get angry for United lose.
    i even made 280$ By bidding 100$ for LIC win
    was obvious for me 🔥😍🥰
  • Tornado31619

Next year is your year :trollface:
  • Pietu
    9046 posts League Winner

Next year is your year :trollface:

Well it's definetely not yours :wink:
  • Ahmer50x

Ole openly calling for backing. Love to see it.

CB, DM, and RW are obvious spots to strengthen but there's need for depth at GK (Heaton) and RB too.
  • NattoPatrol
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Next year certainly isn’t Uniteds. Not with Peps oil rig laying about. Maybe another protest can bring awareness :(
  • Ahmer50x
    Next year certainly isn’t Uniteds. Not with Peps oil rig laying about. Maybe another protest can bring awareness :(

You never know. if they have an off year like 19-20 then United, Chelsea, Liverpool could be in with a shout depending on transfers.
  • forearms
    5300 posts Big Money Move
    Why bring Rashford on.................

Same as last match. Then for some reason we subbed off Diallo and moved Mata to the RW. I thought Mata was poor and Diallo worked hard. I would have taken Mata off and moved VDB into the 10 position.
  • Kellnerr
    4470 posts National Call-Up

You never know. if they have an off year like 19-20 then United, Chelsea, Liverpool could be in with a shout depending on transfers.

The players might lose the fire in them after winning almost everything this season. Also the departure of Aguero might be a factor in the changing room - often it's the little things that can turn out to be massive.
  • Ashy
    14661 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 12
    It depends if City get a big striker signing, if they don't then someone else could win the league, I'd back Chelsea honestly
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    forearms wrote: »
    Why bring Rashford on.................

Same as last match. Then for some reason we subbed off Diallo and moved Mata to the RW. I thought Mata was poor and Diallo worked hard. I would have taken Mata off and moved VDB into the 10 position.

Yeah Diallo looked bright and looked like he should be getting more minutes in the first team. Mata was very much a passenger that game more often than not.
  • Ahmer50x

Sounds like we know the new figure.

120m euro or nothing last summer. 85m euro baseline this year. 73m pounds so basically Pepe money.
  • El_Nino
    7796 posts League Winner
    edited May 12

120m euro or nothing last summer. 85m euro baseline this year. 73m pounds so basically Pepe money.

That's insane that he's available for Pepe money, will likely be a great buy for whoever gets him, as I've said before you've got to imagine that price will entice more than just United go for him.

I have seen a few links to Chelsea, although nothing super reliable, but reliable sources do say a winger is high up our priority list too.
  • Tornado31619
    Yeah that’s a steal. It’s not like you’d have to shoehorn him into the XI, Cavani won’t be able to start every match so soon enough Greenwood will be getting regular games up front
  • Ahmer50x
    El_Nino wrote: »

That's insane that he's available for Pepe money, will likely be a great buy for whoever gets him, as I've said before you've got to imagine that price will entice more than just United go for him.

I have seen a few links to Chelsea, although nothing super reliable, but reliable sources do say a winger is high up our priority list too.

COVID has provided a course correction for the market that was ever escalating after the Neymar transfer. Seems like players in general are going for 20-25% less than even last summer.

He's going to be fantastic for somebody. Fab said Liverpool are keeping updated in case they sell an attacker (I assume Salah or Mane) and that Chelsea had yet to hold talks. If Liverpool miss CL, I'm not super worried about them. Likewise, I feel like Chelsea probably spend more on a striker as that's a bigger need for you but I could be wrong on that.
  • Tornado31619
    Remember when we were part of the group that would always drop points and then fail to capitalise on everybody else’s screw-ups? Feels like a lifetime ago.
  • El_Nino
    7796 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »

COVID has provided a course correction for the market that was ever escalating after the Neymar transfer. Seems like players in general are going for 20-25% less than even last summer.

He's going to be fantastic for somebody. Fab said Liverpool are keeping updated in case they sell an attacker (I assume Salah or Mane) and that Chelsea had yet to hold talks. If Liverpool miss CL, I'm not super worried about them. Likewise, I feel like Chelsea probably spend more on a striker as that's a bigger need for you but I could be wrong on that.

Two potential ways we sign Sancho imo, either CHO or Ziyech leave for roughly half of Sancho's fee, making it do-able on top of a big ST.

Or option two would be we simply don't find a big name striker suitable, Lukaku and Haaland look doubtful and there really aren't alot of other big options out there.

I think your safe from Liverpool, I just don't see Salah/Mane leaving as likely.
  • Tornado31619
    Antonio Valencia has announced his retirement.