Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    7551 posts League Winner
    Tbf if he’s genuinely that price there won’t be many clubs not sniffing around, well worth the gamble for 5+ PL clubs.
  • Pughy30
    28859 posts Player of the Year
    I still think he's a risk , he's older now and improved but he was a flop at Milan and Sevilla he seems to thrive under the system they play at Frankfurt though
  • Stlducks
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 16
    Not to rain on the party but he might not have a clause.

[Kerry Hau]#Eintracht striker André #Silva has no exit clause in his contract. This is confirmed by his consultant agency Gestifute. Jorge #Mendes and Co. are not aware of any verbal agreement between the #SGE and the Portuguese either.

• El_Nino
    7551 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I still think he's a risk , he's older now and improved but he was a flop at Milan and Sevilla he seems to thrive under the system they play at Frankfurt though

I do agree he’s a risk, but honestly I don’t see anyone for a remotely reasonable price that isn’t, bad market for Strikers atm
  • Pughy30
    Ah ye I should've realised Mendes was his agent, no way he goes for 30 then Mendes will somehow sell him to Wolves for 100mil
  • Ahmer50x
    28393 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 16
    Damn, I was really hoping that clause was real.

But either way, I still like him when I've seen him for Frankfurt.

For me, if we have to go for a cheaper striker this summer, it's between Silva and Vlahovic. Maybe Ings.
  • Ahmer50x

100+ chance season incoming for Bruno. Just have to hope we can lift the EL so he has something to show for it.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14814 posts World Class
    Silva has outscored haaland in the bundisliga this season, I'm not saying he's better, but he'll definitely be cheaper, and a solid cavani replacement
  • Ahmer50x

Still not sure he leaves Madrid but does seem like we’re leading the chase if he does.
  • Pughy30
    edited April 16
    Got a feeling he'll stay and this is his agent trying to scare Madrid to get the money he wants, Ramos looks to be leaving so no way they'll want to lose Varane as well.
  • Ahmer50x
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Got a feeling he'll stay and this is his agent trying to scare Madrid to get the money he wants, Ramos looks to be leaving so no way they'll want to lose Varane as well.

Certainly possible.

If he stays, there's plenty of other CBs to target. Torres, Kounde, Milenkovic all could be options but none is obviously as established as Varane.
  • Ahmer50x
  • yosef167
    2288 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love to see Greenwood as ST .. he need to keep the good form to earn his place next season
    henderson seems to be NO.1 GK and the end for DDG ERA has almost come
  • Ahmer50x
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Love to see Greenwood as ST .. he need to keep the good form to earn his place next season

It's nice for him to get a chance but Rashford's not 100% fit. I'd have rested him and gone Mason RW and Cavani up top.
  • yosef167
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

It's nice for him to get a chance but Rashford's not 100% fit. I'd have rested him and gone Mason RW and Cavani up top.

if Rashford not fit then yea you are right. i dont want to risk rashford with injury .. last year he did play Injuried and it costed him alot.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34103 posts National Team Captain
    I don’t get what OGS has against Donny and why he’s not rotating him with Bruno at that stage and giving him a rest
  • yosef167
    I don’t get what OGS has against Donny and why he’s not rotating him with Bruno at that stage and giving him a rest

my question because i cant really remember what happened in the transfer window
    was Donny a forced transfer for Ole or Ole really wanted him?

in total our last summer signing doesnt seem to get big credit

Cavani , donny , telles at most did sat in bench .. we didnt really bring a starter
  • Ashy
    14008 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 18
    From what I remember Van de Beek was ready to move from Ajax at the time, Overmars was basically offering him out to European teams, a respectable £35m fee.

Man Utd just jumped at the chance to get him while there was no other competition from what I remember, it was a surprisingly fast deal and happened quite quickly, rather than the usual Woodward drag out transfer
  • Ahmer50x
    I believe Ole wanted Grealish but then Villa stayed up so we went for VDB because he was a cheap alternative
  • Tornado31619
    26067 posts Player of the Year
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I believe Ole wanted Grealish but then Villa stayed up so we went for VDB because he was a cheap alternative

The drink driving incident had also just happened around then
  • XxRichiexRichxX

my question because i cant really remember what happened in the transfer window
    was Donny a forced transfer for Ole or Ole really wanted him?

in total our last summer signing doesnt seem to get big credit

Cavani , donny , telles at most did sat in bench .. we didnt really bring a starter

Well it makes sense imo because we needed coverage at 10. But I just don’t get why OGS doesn’t rotate more. Not saying it needs to be like frequent rotation, but definitely think probably more than we are. I just feel like he doesn’t want to not play Bruno.
    Ashy wrote: »
    From what I remember Van de Beek was ready to move from Ajax at the time, Overmars was basically offering him out to European teams, a respectable £35m fee.

Man Utd just jumped at the chance to get him while there was no other competition from what I remember, it was a surprisingly fast deal and happened quite quickly, rather than the usual Woodward drag out transfer

Well it was fast because VDS did a lot on Ajax’s side and was able to get everything done. And I think him being a former United player and able to agree to a very good price was beneficial with Ed. I think it caught everyone off guard
  • Ahmer50x
    Burnley a handfull on set pieces and crosses. A pain to break down.

Pretty much as expected that.
  • Tornado31619
    26067 posts Player of the Year
    I love how not a single post in here is about the game, but that’s understandable given today’s other development
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14814 posts World Class
    Pretty dire first half. Burnley been slightly better as they have they're set up like fifa META 😂
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I love how not a single post in here is about the game, but that’s understandable given today’s other development

Assuming you mean the dumb super league plans
  • Ahmer50x
    Beautiful goal that. Lovely dummy from Bruno
  • yosef167
    well we didnt even celebrate our goal yet
  • Ahmer50x
    Zonal marking at fault for that goal.

Need to stop doing it ffs
  • MorroWtje